Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First local lad to play for England since...Carrick?

Carroll?

Ah aye, knew there'd be someone obvious I'd have missed. Kind of forget he exists since he's always crocked these days. Needs to go back to cornrows to solve his injury problems me thinks.

We were never going to hold on to him, but wish we had just continued to loan him out or something....

Aye. No club can really keep hold of two top keepers. I think we kept the right one, it is a shame to see a local lad come good leave for elsewhere, though. Though Timmy may be more Geordie than Forster now. He fucking loves the Toon.

We were never going to hold on to him, but wish we had just continued to loan him out or something....

Aye. No club can really keep hold of two top keepers. I think we kept the right one, it is a shame to see a local lad come good leave for elsewhere, though. Though Timmy may be more Geordie than Forster now. He f***ing loves the Toon.

Agreed :thup:

Flip side, its good to see the local lad do the business and make something of his career as well. Its not like we sold him and picked an inferior keeper - we sold him and kept the Dutch #1.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Good keeper on his day but a bit too confidence-dependent for my liking . He's also a bit slow to come out for crosses and rebounds when I've seen him play.

Aye. No club can really keep hold of two top keepers. I think we kept the right one, it is a shame to see a local lad come good leave for elsewhere, though. Though Timmy may be more Geordie than Forster now. He f***ing loves the Toon.

Flip side, its good to see the local lad do the business and make something of his career as well. Its not like we sold him and picked an inferior keeper - we sold him and kept the Dutch #1.

Sods law when we have two top class youngsters they'd come through in the one position you can't play them both in.

Sods law when we have two top class youngsters they'd come through in the one position you can't play them both in.

Agreed, wish he was in another position!

Dutch number one #5 more like, unfortunately.