Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Get him to play a few of our pre-season matches and send him back  :thup:

and what would be the point in that? Surely you play Krul & Harper.

Dunno, just to give him a chance to pull on a Newcastle jersey. At least give him 1 game to show that we still care about him...

Harper has played enough, he only needs a few games.

:lol:

The fact he comes back to train with x times through the week i would've thought shows we care about him.

Guest toonlass

If he's happy going back straight away then fine. Get Krul starting most pre-season battles.

This

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED28%20May%202010%2009%3A26%3A49%3A447

Hughton is now poised to grant current third choice Forster's wish to continue his footballing education at Carrow Road after playing a pivotal role in City's League One title success.

Canaries' chairman Alan Bowkett confirmed last week talks were ongoing between the clubs with Forster on record as saying he would welcome a return to Norfolk following a campaign that saw him crowned players' player-of-the-year. The 22-year-old had been strongly linked with a loan move to Leeds following the release of Danish stopper Casper Ankergren but United boss Simon Grayson yesterday unveiled Schmeichel as his first close season capture.

Guest toonlass

Good stuff, one more season then ready to fight it out with krul here (I hope).

this  :clap:

Good idea

with krul and fraser hopefully here for a long time, i forsee that area well covered. this will be harper's final season for us I reckon, then he'll coach or possibly even go back to the bench :lol:

It all depends how fit steve can stay throughout this premier league season. A rotation between krul and fraser would be great, 2 young keepers on the up, just hope we can keep them happy. At least krul will be guranteed the cup games this season, just like last season :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Antigalican

I meant better options for us, as in him playing for us (as a squad player) in the Premiership, if you know what I mean!! Four years on the books and 50 odd loan appearances and still not even a sub appearance for us. Clocks got to be ticking.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Forster seems pretty level headed, and will have a career after/outside of Football unlike some young pros, so I can't see him getting too itchy - though I'm not saying he's going to sit around till he's 30 like Harper (though it'd be nice).

Guest neesy111

I meant better options for us, as in him playing for us (as a squad player) in the Premiership, if you know what I mean!! Four years on the books and 50 odd loan appearances and still not even a sub appearance for us. Clocks got to be ticking.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

forster will be a top top keeper, best young keeper i've seen