Carlisle Utd 1-1 Newcastle Utd - Post-Match Thread

Newcastle Fan

Guest Bramble OG

Quite glad Babayaro is injurned, gives SA more reason to get a repleacement our 2 sorted out quickly.

So is everybody agreed that lots of small threads are better than one monster one? I've only recently started posting on here and I find all these enormous threads intimidating, a bit like your first day at a new big school. Small thread = small school = not so many big boys waiting for you in the toilets = less likelyhood of psychological problems later in life.

I reckon a Shola Hat-Trick on Sat!!

Seriously!

hi this is my first post on here so be nice everyone!

latest news is that owen won't play against carlisle due to thigh strain picked up in training

also will probably miss celtic match but be back for juve apparently

hi this is my first post on here so be nice everyone!

latest news is that owen won't play against carlisle due to thigh strain picked up in training

also will probably miss celtic match but be back for juve apparently

thanks for the info.. deffo a shola hat-trick then.

That's dumb. People were only complaining because the thread was closed IMMEDIATELY after the match finished. Just give it 5 or so minutes, alert people, open up a new thread and then close this thread.

Now we'll have mega-threads, with the beginning 5 or so pages filled with predictions, expected formation etc. etc. It'll be annoying for anyone who hasn't posted in the thread before to find out when it actually becomes the 'match' thread, and then of course having to search through and find out when the 'post-match' part of the thread actually starts.

The forum as it is now is already starting to be clustered with uberthreads which go on for 10+ pages. It's a real deterrent for anyone who hasn't posted in that particular thread to see that there's been that much discussion going on already. I thought this forum (and the mods) were against uberthreads of that kind?

Edit - Better yet, you don't even have to lock threads, just leave them open but post a link to a 'match thread' or 'post match thread' in the pre-match thread and direct people there.

Without doubt the most sensible post I've read in a long time.

That's dumb. People were only complaining because the thread was closed IMMEDIATELY after the match finished. Just give it 5 or so minutes, alert people, open up a new thread and then close this thread.

Can we judge when everyone is ready to have a thread locked?

Now we'll have mega-threads, with the beginning 5 or so pages filled with predictions, expected formation etc. etc. It'll be annoying for anyone who hasn't posted in the thread before to find out when it actually becomes the 'match' thread, and then of course having to search through and find out when the 'post-match' part of the thread actually starts.

Those details could easily go in the tread title and the opening post

The forum as it is now is already starting to be clustered with uberthreads which go on for 10+ pages. It's a real deterrent for anyone who hasn't posted in that particular thread to see that there's been that much discussion going on already. I thought this forum (and the mods) were against uberthreads of that kind?

Match threads are different. Posters just post a few posts about their opinions on the game before heading to other threads to discuss the main talking points

Edit - Better yet, you don't even have to lock threads, just leave them open but post a link to a 'match thread' or 'post match thread' in the pre-match thread and direct people there.

That would just confuse things with people talking about the same thing in three different threads

It was the general consensus at the end of last season that single threads were the way forward. It certainly worked ok for the Hartlepool game. Opinions may have changed now, but I suggest we stick to single threads for pre-season at least, give it a try and all that.

Can we judge when everyone is ready to have a thread locked?

Which is why you can alert people first, and then close the thread say 5 minutes later, as opposed to last year when threads were locked straight after a match was finished.

Those details could easily go in the tread title and the opening post

I don't think people tend to read the opening post if the thread is 10+ pages long. How about an example of how a thread title will look like? 'Thread for Hartlepool match 21/7/07. Match starts from page 5, post match starts from page 14'? Like that?

That would just confuse things with people talking about the same thing in three different threads

How exactly? If you direct people to another thread, I'm pretty sure they'll decide to post in the 'right' thread. Are you saying if there's a thread that says 'Post-match thread' and another thread that says 'Pre-match thread' that people will post in the 'Pre-match thread'?

Guest Bramble OG

Is Luque traveling does anyone know?

apparently he's going shopping in town with his wife so will miss the trip...

Geremi and Milner confirmed to take some part (.co.uk)

No mention of Luque.

Pretty pissed off, does this mean we dont get to see a "New Celestine Babayaro next season".

Just aswell he inserted that injury release clause when he forced out that statement.

Guest toonlass

Luque and Geremi are being looked at in training today before Allardyce decides whether they go.

Given

Geremi  Ramage Roze  Hunty/whoever

Dyer      Barton  Butt    Zoggy

Ameobi  Martins

Bring rest on from half time onwards.

going to this one too...hoping for Shola to perform well again because i think he might put up a good fight to play in the starting 11 next season with owen injured for 10days probably ... it gives him a chance

Given

Geremi   Rozehnal  Hunty   Solano

Milner        Barton           Zoggy

Dyer

Ameobi          Martins

Guest WashyGeordie

Given

Geremi

Rozenhal

Ramage

Huntington (Edgar HT)

Milner (Solano HT)

Butt

Barton (Dyer HT)

N'Zogbia (Luque HT)

Ameobi (Carrol HT)

Martins

An injury to Rozehnal at the moment would leave us with Ramage and Huntington at the back. With Bolton away in three weeks time we need to get it sorted fast, espescially if we're bringing in foreign defenders. If this internal review is holding things up it could impact negatively on our season.

An injury to Rozehnal at the moment would leave us with Ramage and Huntington at the back. With Bolton away in three weeks time we need to get it sorted fast, espescially if we're bringing in foreign defenders. If this internal review is holding things up it could impact negatively on our season.

Cripes.

Gone fast.

Guest nufcfan76

Lazarus

Carr  Rozehnal  Rammy    Babs

Butt

Solano        Barton          N'Zog

Dyer

Ameobi

And 2-0 Toon.