Just a friendly, so we should look in to all of our players

I will start with:

Krul

Solano Ramage Rozenhal  Babayaro Huntington

Butt

Geremi    Barton

Owen                                Luque

Ameobi/Carroll

And give  everyone  a chance from the bench, just like the Hatlepool game.

Given

Solano Ramage Rozehnal Baba

Dire Barton Butt Zog

Owen Shola

Harper

Bertram Hunty Rozehnal Carrn't

Troisi Geremi Pattison Lualualualualua

Martins Carroll

Given

Geremi  Rozenhal Huntington Babayaro

Milner      Barton    Dyer    N;Zogbia

Owen  Shola

Dont know if Milner is back but that is the team i would start with.

By the way, we aren't doing pre-match, during-match, post-match threads this season, as people didn't like the fact that they couldn't reply to something for the mere reason that the game had kicked off or ended. So this thread is a thread for the whole game.

Man, its just a mess when it all has to go in one thread! I think you should have seperate threads for pre-match etc. Maybe even a first-half, half-time and second half thread. Depending on injuries, you could also have a time added on thread. And if it was a cup game, you could have one thread for the extra time (first half and second half) and a whole new thread for penalties!

Score prediction?  Carlisle 1-4 Toon

Guest optimistic nit

When is the game? Tomorrow? Is it on Setanta?

Tommorw, Yes, Dunno..

look man, i really am not trying to be rude, but its Newcastle vs Carlisle. Its not on setanta for the same reason that the dagnem and redbridge friendly yesterday wasn't on setanta, because its newcastle vs carlisle.

Tommorw, Yes, Dunno..

look man, i really am not trying to be rude, but its Newcastle vs Carlisle. Its not on setanta for the same reason that the dagnem and redbridge friendly yesterday wasn't on setanta, because its newcastle vs carlisle.

I think you should just go ahead and be rude about it tbh.

He will probably change it a little bit this time around

-----------------Given

Carr------Roze---------Hunty-------Baba

Milner------Dyer------Barton-------Zoggy

----------Owen-------Martins

--------------------Harper

Nobby-----Geremi------Roze-----Ramage-

Dyer------Triosi--------Lua Lua-------Luque

------------Shola--------Carroll

Hope these start:

-----------------Given-------------------

Geremi-Rozehnal-Huntington-Baba

--------------------------------------------

-------Dyer-Barton-N`Zogbia---------

Milner-----------------------------Luque

--------Owen/Martins/Carroll----------

That should qualify for a sweet 7-0 win.

Btw, when is Emre and Taylor back? And do you think Geremi and Luque will be fit enough for Saturday?

By the way, we aren't doing pre-match, during-match, post-match threads this season, as people didn't like the fact that they couldn't reply to something for the mere reason that the game had kicked off or ended. So this thread is a thread for the whole game.

That's dumb. People were only complaining because the thread was closed IMMEDIATELY after the match finished. Just give it 5 or so minutes, alert people, open up a new thread and then close this thread.

Now we'll have mega-threads, with the beginning 5 or so pages filled with predictions, expected formation etc. etc. It'll be annoying for anyone who hasn't posted in the thread before to find out when it actually becomes the 'match' thread, and then of course having to search through and find out when the 'post-match' part of the thread actually starts.

The forum as it is now is already starting to be clustered with uberthreads which go on for 10+ pages. It's a real deterrent for anyone who hasn't posted in that particular thread to see that there's been that much discussion going on already. I thought this forum (and the mods) were against uberthreads of that kind?

Edit - Better yet, you don't even have to lock threads, just leave them open but post a link to a 'match thread' or 'post match thread' in the pre-match thread and direct people there.

Tommorw, Yes, Dunno..

Well, all I knew was that four of our pre-season friendlies was supposed to be on Setanta and wondered if this was one of them.

That's dumb. People were only complaining because the thread was closed IMMEDIATELY after the match finished. Just give it 5 or so minutes, alert people, open up a new thread and then close this thread.

Now we'll have mega-threads, with the beginning 5 or so pages filled with predictions, expected formation etc. etc. It'll be annoying for anyone who hasn't posted in the thread before to find out when it actually becomes the 'match' thread, and then of course having to search through and find out when the 'post-match' part of the thread actually starts.

The forum as it is now is already starting to be clustered with uberthreads which go on for 10+ pages. It's a real deterrent for anyone who hasn't posted in that particular thread to see that there's been that much discussion going on already. I thought this forum (and the mods) were against uberthreads of that kind?

Edit - Better yet, you don't even have to lock threads, just leave them open but post a link to a 'match thread' or 'post match thread' in the pre-match thread and direct people there.

Agree with this, don't think there was ever a problem with locking the pre-match thread either was there? Just people a little eager to lock match threads as soon as the ref looked like he was going to put the whistle to his lips.

Jesus my heart just skipped a beat.

the SkySports RSS feed reads

"Defensive blow for Magpies"

thankfully, some random notts county fuck has crippled himself. It's all good.

Given

Solano

Rozenhal

Ramage

Carr

Dyer

Butt

NZogbia

Milner

Martins

Owen

On the subject of these massive threads. Im not a fan. The Ashley one was pretty annoying. If anything happened you had search back through the thread for page after page to see what happened. Most of the time you just miss some news because as soon as a new thread starts its gets merged with a massive one.