Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

In the Chronicle tonight:

Sam Allardyce's rants earlier in the week have paid dividends and Mike Ashley has given the go ahead to a £7m bid for a defender. The player is as yet unnamed, but the Chronicle speculates that it could be Heinze (purely because the fee is in the right area).

A link to the article will follow once it's online.

heinze, read an article this afternoon that ashley was ready to bid over the asking price for him, even if he rejects it at least its a chink of light i.e. ashley's gonna stump up some much needed cash for defenders whether this review's finished or not

I'd love it was Bridge even though he's injured for the start of the season. He's just pure quality

Bridge and Heinze (both of them) would be my first choices for our defence  -  fairly predictably I suppose, but they are both quality and both proven in the Premier League. Just think what a message to the others that would send, as well!

Thing is, I think Heinze fancies going to a mainland European club, and I don't think Bridge is available.  Apart from those little difficulties, "go get em Mike and Sammy"!!

heinze, read an article this afternoon that ashley was ready to bid over the asking price for him, even if he rejects it at least its a chink of light i.e. ashley's gonna stump up some much needed cash for defenders whether this review's finished or not

Where did you read that?

cant find it mate, was on newsnow about half an hour ago, there was no direct quotes like but i just thought the timing was too coincidental

I'm a big fan of Heinze. I don't know what the fuck happened to him last season: a combination of injury concerns, confidence and being played out of position, I think. He's an immense player, really.

I think Heinze isn't quite the player he was. Probably lost a bit of pace. Still a very good player though.

Guest nufc_geordie

Chiellini would be my choice, an excellent player in the three or four games I have seen him.

Baines

£7m is a lot of money for Baines, but Sunderland are preparing a £6m bid, and that's probably triggered our arse into gear.

Still cant see Whelan selling to Ashley conisdering Ashley cost him £7m in fines a few years ago.

Guest clarkyshan

Hopefully it's the German cd. :coolsmiley:

Most likely Shorey though.

which one? ha bit vague metresacker?