Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Found in the rumours section on skysports.com:-

Newcastle will bid for Bayern Munich full-back Phillip Lahm and if their bid is unsuccessful they will go for Leighton Baines. They are also on the verge of a treble swoop of Barcelona with Deco arriving for 13.5 Million, Edmilson for 1.75 Million and Eidur Gudjohnsen for 7.5 Million. Ronaldinho is unlikely to arrive at SJP but Real Madrid Centre-Back Fabio Cannavaro may arrive on a 2 year contract for a fee of around 4 Million. Mike Ashley wants to mark his arrival at SJP with a 25 Million pound plus signing, Ronaldinho or Robinho etc...

must be true!

sorry mate, thats a grade bollocks!

Guest SwissMagpie

Come on,you really think we can buy Lahm for 7 Million??.he is worth around 12 million.if he comes i walking from Zurich to Newcastle with my underwear

Guest Agentwithin

My contact has not said anything about this one, could just be oliver bull. If it's a true oliver scoop then i believe its shorey.

Come on,you really think we can buy Lahm for 7 Million??.he is worth around 12 million.if he comes i walking from Zurich to Newcastle with my underwear

Don't believe it's Lahm for a second. He's Bavarian isn't he? Must of grown up supporting Bayern.

Dont care who it is tbh.  The fact that we're willing to actually spend SEVEN MILLION POUNDS on someone who isn't a striker or midfielder,  amazes me.

Heres hoping they're bloody good,  though.  And a left back.

Perhaps Emre is involved?

Guest SwissMagpie

Is that a bet???

Yeap,its a bet

Guest Guinness

There could actually be something in the Lahm rumours. Bayern have signed Marcell Jansen this summer who is another German international left back who seems to be rated pretty highly. Lahm apparently wasn't at his best last season meaning if the price was right they may be willing to sell. Still don't think it's very likely, especially for the £7m we've supposedly bid for this mystery defender, can't see Bayern having much interest in Emre either seeing as they've signed Ze Roberto and Ribery this summer.

I don't follow the German league but I've also heard Lahm had a poor season by his standards. Still, from what I've seen in the CL, World Cup etc he looks an excellent player, gets up and down the line all day, a very hard worker with age on his side. Seems unlikely we could get him but you never know.

'Reports that Allardyce wants Fulham left-back Franck Queudrue are wide of the mark and in any case the Frenchman is only valued at £3m'

Anals back alright!

I'd be very happy with Heinze as he is a top quality defender. I'm not totally sure about Baines and Shorey though they may not be able to cut the mustard at a bigger club, who knows? A.Ferdinand would be a disappointment but not a disaster. Bridge is really a no go i'd reckon after his latest injury!

That line will be on Oliver's friggin' headstone......and the sooner the better.  O0

Tomas Ujfalusi is likely to reject a new contract with Fiorentina as Sevilla look to sign the Czech Republic international.

The defender joined Fiorentina from Hamburg three years ago and has 12 months remaining on his present deal.

The Viola are hoping to persuade Ujfalusi to stay at the club and sporting director Pantaleo Corvino stated the player is not for sale earlier in the summer.

Bayern Munich had been linked with a bid to take the stopper back to Germany, while Sevilla have renewed a long-standing interest.

The Uefa Cup winners' quest to sign Ujfalusi could be a given boost by his intention to turn down a contract extension with Fiorentina.

"I will meet with Corvino to explain to him the player's intention to not renew his contract," Ujfalusi's agent Dalibor Lacina told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Fiorentina must now decide whether to secure a fee for Ujfalusi this summer or wait until he leaves on a free transfer in a year's time.

:shifty:

Guest Obafan

It would be fantastic if a player like Lahm came to SJP, but I think they did a bid on Heinze (if this story is true about this £7m bid), because after all those stories of the last couple of weeks I'm not that quick to believe those things. For me it would have been ideal if Beye came, but that might next year when his contract in Marseille is gone.

Guest SwissMagpie

The guy is a first team player in the best Bungesliga team.a team that spent over 70 million euros this summer to win the Bundesliga and the Cup and Uefa Cup.so why would he come to us??

The guy is a first team player in the best Bungesliga team.a team that spent over 70 million euros this summer to win the Bundesliga and the Cup and Uefa Cup.so why would he come to us??

To work with Sam silly ;) :lol:

Will he still be a first team player now they have spent their 70 million euros?

Maybe he isn't guaranteed a starting place or even told that he will not be first choice.

Not that he would be interested in joining us though..

...a team that will not play Champions League football this coming season. Whereas we...

Guest pont-toon

Surely it is Heinze? The scousers are suppossedly have also bid 7M so we would be matching the bet & Manure would allow him to talk to us. Thing is, he doesn't seem to want to come.

wouldnt it therfore be crazy to bid for heinze as he seems to have his heart set on a move to liverpool?