The £7mill mystery stopper poll ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heinze.

We need to look like were doing something and Heinze is a perfect target as if he's got another offer he's off there.

Same old NUFC when it comes to signing important defenders.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

anybody think heinze would sign as a cb? nobody seems to have talked of this possibility, but imo, hes more of an allardyce cb, than lb

Barzagli who we were linked with earlier this week and who Sam said he thought was a top player. Sam said he would prefer prem experience but seeing as he claims in tomorrows Times that we have beeen frustrated in our recent pursuits then I would guess the prem experience players didn't work out for us. Hopefully, we will have then bid for Barzagli.

By the way why is he not on the list?

Barzagli who we were linked with earlier this week and who Sam said he thought was a top player. Sam said he would prefer prem experience but seeing as he claims in tomorrows Times that we have beeen frustrated in our recent pursuits then I would guess the prem experience players didn't work out for us. Hopefully, we will have then bid for Barzagli.

He's as possible as anyone else on that list, given that Sam has talked about him but not ruled him out.

He's as possible as anyone else on that list, given that Sam has talked about him but not ruled him out.

Yup. Not only did he not rule him out but he said he liked him as a player. i think there is a good chance of it happening.

Yup. Not only did he not rule him out but he said he liked him as a player. i think there is a good chance of it happening.

I don't think we have time to wait around on the Heinze situation, we need a left back quickly because the season starts in 3 weeks and Babayaro won't be available. But we also need central defenders as the article acknowledges.

The only other "top class defender" who we've been linked with is indeed Barzagli. Given he's on the fringes of the Italy defence I'd be pretty excited if it was him.

I don't think we have time to wait around on the Heinze situation, we need a left back quickly because the season starts in 3 weeks and Babayaro won't be available. But we also need central defenders as the article acknowledges.

The only other "top class defender" who we've been linked with is indeed Barzagli.

on the other hand i'd rather bring a very good player in on august 31st than a poor one in tomorrow.

The only other "top class defender" who we've been linked with is indeed Barzagli. Given he's on the fringes of the Italy defence I'd be pretty excited if it was him.

Not to mention that Palermo have stated that he is on the transfer market and has been for a while!