Clark leaving?

NSG

Don't know anything about his coaching credentials, but I get the impression he was signed up because he's a Geordie and he was cheap and available. Similarly Terry Mac was signed by his old mate Souness. Something tells me the two didn't get their jobs on merit and I'm sure we could find better people. Wouldn't be sad to see either of them go.

Gave us some good moments on the pitch, hard to say if he will make a decent coach. Definitely need tried and tested, proven back-room staff.

Will be remembered forever due to the mackems/t-shirt incident. Sheer class, legendary.

Guest hagler

you have to prove yourself at any job...........if you feel you cant do it ........jump ship....thank fuck he jumped ship...terry mac please hold his hand as he jumps

Guest niina

Loyal to NUFC, yes.

Geordie, yes.

Capability, I don't think so.

So, no sad to see him go, we can find someone better.

Anyway, what is his role in NUFC?

I love the way he gets slagged off yet no-one has the first clue of what his abilities are. The whole "its because he is a Geordie" argument is starting to do a big 180.

Maybe he got the job because he's a good coach and the fact he's a Geordie and loved by the fans here was just a big coincidence.

I remain sceptical though that both he and Terry Mac got their jobs for sentimental reasons, friendly faces brought in by an under-fire Souness. Time will tell if they stay in their jobs.

Guest elbee909

I love the way he gets slagged off yet no-one has the first clue of what his abilities are. The whole "its because he is a Geordie" argument is starting to do a big 180.

It's because Geordies never amount to anything.  Obviously.

Guest Ridzuan

As much as I dont want to see him leaving because I think he is doing a fine job with the academy,I believe it would be a better option for both him and the club if he goes because I think joining Coleman at Sociedad is not a bad thing either.I just hope that if he leave,we wont get Roeder back for the academy post.

Name names then.  Who's slagging him off?

Well he is always getting stick on here, Niina and Haglers comments were certainly questioning his ability.

I have no doubts him being "Geordie boy Lee Clark" was one of the reasons he got a chance here but that doesn't mean he is as useless as he is often made out to be. He could be an excellent coach but because of who he is people just seem to assume he must be shite.

S'true though. Lee Clark came back because he was Lee Clark. Same with Terry Mac, same with Pav, same with etc etc.

Know nowt about his abilities as a coach but we've got a wealthy set-up over there and the reserves are hardly owt special.

S'true though. Lee Clark came back because he was Lee Clark. Same with Terry Mac, same with Pav, same with etc etc.

Know nowt about his abilities as a coach but we've got a wealthy set-up over there and the reserves are hardly owt special.

What is true? No-one knows anything about his ability as a coach other than the people who work with him. Can't say I have read anything negative about him.

We employed Lee Clark becuse of who he was, not because of his coaching credentials.

I said above being Lee Clark helped get him the job, how comes we haven't employed every other Geordie that has ever played for us. Who is to say that even though he got the job because of who he is he isn't any good at it and we should all celebrate the fact he might leave?