Luque injury has lasted two years – Allardyce

Dinho lad

Not sure if this was posted before.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=luque-injury-has-lasted-two-years-8211-allardyce%26method=full%26objectid=19490467%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

ALBERT LUQUE has redoubled his efforts to impress Sam Allardyce by training on his days off – but the Newcastle United boss insists he isn’t ready yet to figure in his pre-season programme, (writes LEE RYDER).

Astonishingly, Allardyce has revealed that the former Deportivo la Coruna and Real Mallorca ace is still recovering from the hamstring injury he picked up almost two years ago when he limped off against Fulham on Michael Owen’s debut.

The Spaniard actually went up the pecking order yesterday after Owen was hurt in a shooting practice with an injured thigh which will now rule him out until the Juventus game in eight days’ time.

However, the Toon Army will have to wait a little longer to see Luque’s re-emergence despite extra efforts in training and the fact he scrapped his honeymoon after getting married a fortnight ago.

Allardyce told the Chronicle: “Albert is still quite some way off because he missed the Austria trip.

“We will now start seeing more of James Milner and Geremi but not Albert.

“In Albert’s case, deconditioning players throws their injury risk right up.

“We will monitor his fitness on a daily basis, and the medical team and sports science team come along and override you as a manager in terms of their expertise.

“That’s why you must bring them in and listen to their advice. Otherwise you could throw a player in and they could have a 45% chance of getting injured.

“So an injured player just goes backwards, which has been one of Albert’s problems over the last two years.

“That extends back to the first few days of his career here when he severely tore his hamstring.

“Even two years on he doesn’t feel like he’s at the level he was in Spain before he arrived.

“I have to be patient and get him first to the physical level and then the mental level to see if he can adjust to the

It's good that he's employing professional people and listening to them, unlike the arse who brought Luque here in the first place, the same arse that sent Taylor back out without having his shoulder reapired the way the England team doctors thought it should be repaired.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

thank the lord, if he plays like hes capable, he is as good as anybody in this league, and to us, will be like a brand new signing. The boy is class, its undoubted, but too many people on here, right him off because hes foreign, as always happens. Finally a manager has come in, who understands the foreign mentality, and can also keep players fit, and get them back to their best.

And who can say their surprised hes been injured this long, look at souness with parker, taylor. Roeder with ameobi.

thank the lord, if he plays like hes capable, he is as good as anybody in this league, and to us, will be like a brand new signing. The boy is class, its undoubted, but too many people on here, right him off because hes foreign, as always happens. Finally a manager has come in, who understands the foreign mentality, and can also keep players fit, and get them back to their best.

And who can say their surprised hes been injured this long, look at souness with parker, taylor. Roeder with ameobi.

Is he fuck.  :lol:

Guest Knightrider

I think the manager means his state of mind too, i.e. he's never recovered from it mentally and emotionally which to be fair I'd have thought that was obvious. Bad bad injury to get, then he was rushed back, we were struggling, he's homesick, wonders what he's joined = bad attitude inevitable. All stems from the injury anyway. If only he scored that chance against Rio Ferdinand and never got injured against Fulham, who knows.

Seriously wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Its not difficult to not let an injury fully heal and for it to hamper you for a few years, even relatively minor ones like a sprained ankle can twinge for a long time.

A hamstring tear now, a twinge from that could play on your mind and subconciously knock a percentage off your performance

I think what would have affected luque the most from that injury was the affect it had on his pace as he used to be quick when he played in spain and for a winger/striker to have pace and then lose it can have a dramatic affect on their overall performance.

and just look at that goal he scored against real madrid when he raped salgado. He couldn't out pace lee clark based on recent performances. But hopefully if what sam says is true and they can get him to the same fitness levels he had before he joined then he could have an upturn in fortune with us.

However, the Toon Army will have to wait a little longer to see Luque’s re-emergence despite extra efforts in training and the fact he scrapped his honeymoon after getting married a fortnight ago.

Where are all the prats that had the cheek to moan he was even getting married in the first place?  Nice gesture from him, considering the way he was treated by the last two managers, ie. total lack of communication with him, patience to get over injury and as Allardyce pointed out when he first came, a lack of understanding of personal problems.

I hope it works out for him, I'd personally given up on him, but I did often think his injury held him back.  I've little doubt Allardyce is telling the truth here.

His marriage was probably arranged when Roeder was still here anyway. If that were the case, Luque would have been under no illusions that he'd be doing anything other than training with the kids.

Where are all the prats that had the cheek to moan he was even getting married in the first place?  Nice gesture from him, considering the way he was treated by the last two managers, ie. total lack of communication with him, patience to get over injury and as Allardyce pointed out when he first came, a lack of understanding of personal problems.

I hope it works out for him, I'd personally given up on him, but I did often think his injury held him back.  I've little doubt Allardyce is telling the truth here.

If Allardyce can get him playing well then it would be a bonus, it's a big ask at this stage of his career.  We'll be paying for his wages anyway so it would make sense to try and get something back for the money.

I hope he does come good. There's something about him that you'ld like to see him (and thus NUFC) do well. Im still of the opinion he arrived here with that injury on him.

Anyone that watched his first appearance as he hugged the line and moved with all the speed of a Hippo in glue,  could see he wasnt the player that we saw on all the videos.  But if only for a good return id like the lad to do well and the fact hes prepared to go for it under Allardyce bodes well for the future.

I can't understand why a manager should ignore any player and I can't understand why a manager would be allowed to get away with leaving a player to stagnate while being paid a fortune.

If I employed somebody on behalf of my employer and paid him to sit at home while doing nothing to earn his wage I'd probably get sacked.