Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

About time the speculation about him was resolved and we moved on. Its all just another distraction from what should be total focus on trying to achive somethign next season.

Still think the "inside info" is complete and utter bollocks tho'

I think he wants to go because of what he sees as unfair treatment by the fans, and I think he's got a case. His record isn't unblemished, but a lot of the stick that he gets is OTT IMO.

His return last season saved us from relegation. In a few crucial games he had a big impact. No appreciation received for that.

A lot of people seem to believe that his long-term injury problem was his own fault. No rational thinking behind that. He was probably desperate to get  back.

A lot of fans haven't forgiven him for that row with Robson. He did wrong, he publicly apologised, and there were no repeats. What more do people want? At the same time, we had Shearer saying that he'd move on if he wasn't a first team regular, and Bellamy trying to duck out of games. No apologies from either.

ive always thought dyer gets a fair bit of unfair stick from newcastle fans- hes one of those players that wen he plays well so does the team. martins is another. wen they both play shite, so does everyone else

The Reading away game is fresh in everyone's mind. Thats not helping his case

I think what Sam said after the match tonight wos spot on!If he doesnt want to fight for the jersey than he should leave!But why would he wanna go to west ham and play with that muppet Bowyer!I hope we dont lose him cos when hes on his game theres not much midfielders in E ngland than him!

Guest awenttoblaydonraces

come on lads I can't believe anyone thinks its worth giving Dyer more time or money.

His pitch contribution amounts to at best 4 or 5 good games a season notably before England selections. His injuries seem coincide with lulls in international football. His current tactic appears to involve passively refusing to play wide right by coming inside and clogging central midfield. And its not as if we could say he scores enough to justify selection. Lets face it he's a lad that can run quickly and thats about it.

His off pitch antics make bellars look like a saint. How many more chances can he be given to pull the clubs reputation down?

West Ham are supposed to have had dressing room problems all last season. Let them take the little waster - I'm sure he'll be as much of an asset to their dressing room and wage bill as he's been to ours

There was a lot of hostility towards him today whenever he came within earshot.

I believe it was probably the same thing during the first pre-season game and this is why he was distressed after the game and has probably since decided to leave.

Brand new start to the season, everyone looking forward to a new start and he's getting abuse before he's even done anything wrong. I think a break up is best for all involved.

I agree with those who say we can't afford to let anybody else go before we get players in, to those who abuse our own players before during or after a pre-season friendly, morons.

I think he wants to go because of what he sees as unfair treatment by the fans, and I think he's got a case. His record isn't unblemished, but a lot of the stick that he gets is OTT IMO.

His return last season saved us from relegation. In a few crucial games he had a big impact. No appreciation received for that.

A lot of people seem to believe that his long-term injury problem was his own fault. No rational thinking behind that. He was probably desperate to get  back.

A lot of fans haven't forgiven him for that row with Robson. He did wrong, he publicly apologised, and there were no repeats. What more do people want? At the same time, we had Shearer saying that he'd move on if he wasn't a first team regular, and Bellamy trying to duck out of games. No apologies from either.

This.

For a change, a very level-headed and realistic view on the Dyer situation, Bobyule. Good post. I said pretty much the same thing the other day, we've got a lot to thank him for after last season, people don't quite appreciate the impact he actually made.

On his day Dyer can be as good as any player in the Premiership, his problem is that he doesn't do it often enough.  I don't think he'll ever be somebody we can rely on to perform on a regular basis because he seems to raise his game then go into the comfort zone when he can't be arsed, maybe Allardyce can get the best out of him, maybe not.  If he leaves for non-footballing reasons then we've done Allardyce no favours as we could be losing a very good player if he could play at the level we know he's capable of doing but on a regular basis.

Dyer has been an idiot at times but he's matured and seems to have got his head together, he just needs to get his game together.

I cant believe so many people are taken in by Dyer

He is 'The Nearly Man'. He 'nearly 'always does something good.he makes good runs which 'nearly 'produce something,but never quite do.He 'nearly' wins balls which he should win cos he hasnt got the balls to get stuck in and he's 'nearly'always injured.On top of that he's a prick off the pitch.

Lets hope West Ham  are stupid enough to take his inflated wages and ego

He is 'The Nearly Man'. He 'nearly 'always does something good.he makes good runs which 'nearly 'produce something,but never quite do.He 'nearly' wins balls which he should win cos he hasnt got the balls to get stuck in and he's 'nearly'always injured.On top of that he's a prick off the pitch.

We can't afford to let him go without a replacement.  Edit, bacause we're 'nearly' out of fit players.

Guest LucasUnger

don't think so!

i rate him and still like the way he plays when he is "nearly" at his best ;)