Barton available for the Spurs game - Sam

Crumpy Gunt

Yes, well, just what we needed... typical..... >:(

What now? SA is no messias, and Mark A. needs to be willing to spend some cash now, otherwise I'm afraid some of us need to step in during the upcomin' season :razz:

Who is Mark A?

Ops.... wrong name.. hehe... but you understand what I mean :)

Well, our central midfield cover is poor, and my suggestion is to get 1 defencive midfielder, 2 left backs, 1 right back and at least 1 more central defender.

5 new players before September 1st.

I think we can conclude with the fact that Newcastle United is cursed. Joey Barton plays one and a half match and gets a broken metatarsal from a friendly game against Carlisle. How is that possible?

:frantic: >:( :tickedoff:

not really,we have Emre,Butt,dyer,geremi,nzogbia!

Been watching the golf all weekend and just logged on to get the latest news and this hits me between the eyes!We are fucking cursed and Ashley should invest some of his money getting the club exorcised asap. What a pisser!!!

Makes you think though...........how many of us were laughing when we heard that west ham french midfielder was out for 6 months? a slight breeze of karma may have passed by

I still have faith we'll get the required players in before time :)

From todays Journal

FORMER Newcastle midfielder Hugo Viana is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after breaking a metatarsal in his right foot in training with his new club Osasuna.

The Portugal international only arrived at the Pamplona club on a 12-month loan from La Liga rivals Valencia this month and, according to Osasuna medical chief Patxi Cipriain, is now set to be out for between three and four months.

Viana, 24, has returned to his parent club and will undergo further tests today

Can't see Barton being a 6 week job myself. Rather optimisticguess stating 6 weeks - especially as it's serious enough to require an operation.

From todays Journal

FORMER Newcastle midfielder Hugo Viana is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after breaking a metatarsal in his right foot in training with his new club Osasuna.

The Portugal international only arrived at the Pamplona club on a 12-month loan from La Liga rivals Valencia this month and, according to Osasuna medical chief Patxi Cipriain, is now set to be out for between three and four months.

Viana, 24, has returned to his parent club and will undergo further tests today

Can't see Barton being a 6 week job myself. Rather optimisticguess stating 6 weeks - especially as it's serious enough to require an operation.

Viana has his metatarsal broken, Barton's "only" partially fractured. Although I'm not an expert, this difference can cause the shorter healing time in Joey's case.

Guest TampaToon

can't blame this one on fitness, it's just one of those things that can happen - don't know of any fitness routines that make bones less breakable.

can't blame this one on fitness, it's just one of those things that can happen - don't know of any fitness routines that make bones less breakable.

I heard putting emu oil on your bollocks and sucking milk directly from the cow's teet is as close to a break free skeleton as possible.

I heard putting emu oil on your bollocks and sucking milk directly from the cow's teet is as close to a break free skeleton as possible.

Let's know how you get on when the trial is over.

Guest elbee909
ManYoo's preparations for the 2007/08 season have been rocked by the confirmation that Paul Scholes will undergo an exploratory knee operation after being sent home from the pre-season tour of Asia. "We don't think it's serious but it could keep him out for three weeks or a month," reported Sir Alex.

The NUFC curse 'spreads' to Man Utd!  As only we have injuries, y'see. :rolleyes:

Why did it have to be Barton, why is it never Carr!

Carr is never fit enough to get injured again.

Carr just doesn't force himself in anyway. last season his only good game was right at the end and most of the times he was shocking and directly responsible for conceded goals.. if Sam doesn't realize this with his advanced space technology practices, we're lost

ManYoo's preparations for the 2007/08 season have been rocked by the confirmation that Paul Scholes will undergo an exploratory knee operation after being sent home from the pre-season tour of Asia. "We don't think it's serious but it could keep him out for three weeks or a month," reported Sir Alex.

The NUFC curse 'spreads' to Man Utd!  As only we have injuries, y'see. :rolleyes:

The difference is Man Utd are probably shocked by this news. I'd be surprised to hear anyone who has suffered more injuries than we did last season. Missing 15 players against Chelsea, having something like 7 players requiring surgery, losing three goalkeepers at once...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Texasmag

I thought Joey Barton had a fractured metatarsal. It says on Physioroom that it's broken.

For once I think we are not top of the injury list! Chelsea are above us!

Let's hope BSA can get us further down that list.

Wonder where he was off to? Bit of R & R no doubt.

Was wondering that myself. Would've caught up with him but I was so hungover I could barely stand; he was quicker than me even on crutches. Caught a snippet of his chat with whoever he was with and it was about food poisoning, the phrase 'fucking coming out of both ends' popped up.

Guest Texasmag

Was wondering that myself. Would've caught up with him but I was so hungover I could barely stand; he was quicker than me even on crutches. Caught a snippet of his chat with whoever he was with and it was about food poisoning, the phrase 'f****** coming out of both ends' popped up.

Would of hated sitting by you on the plane in that condition! (smiley thing)

Was wondering that myself. Would've caught up with him but I was so hungover I could barely stand; he was quicker than me even on crutches. Caught a snippet of his chat with whoever he was with and it was about food poisoning, the phrase 'fucking coming out of both ends' popped up.

Wasn't talking about food poisoning he was talking about Alan Oliver.