Barton available for the Spurs game - Sam

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Kenton Magpie

This is insane. This is madness. This is sick. Well, now we obviously need a new midfielder too! For the love of God, we can`t play Nicky Butt!

Oh dear!

Why not!? He was one of our best players last season!

Emre and Butt is decent starting central midfield, they worked well last season. Owen and Ameobi will be fit for the new season as will Taylor, not sure what this sudden gloominess is about its only Barton and Duff that will miss the seasons beginning.

It's unlikely Emre will be ready for the Bolton game. My guess is Geremi or Dyer will have to play there with Solano or Carr at right back.

Yes, well, just what we needed... typical..... >:(

What now? SA is no messias, and Mark A. needs to be willing to spend some cash now, otherwise I'm afraid some of us need to step in during the upcomin' season :razz:

Guest SwissMagpie

We can already see the effect of Big Sam.usually our injuries were at least 4 months on average and now its just 6 weeks.

Well, our central midfield cover is poor, and my suggestion is to get 1 defencive midfielder, 2 left backs, 1 right back and at least 1 more central defender.

5 new players before September 1st.

I think we can conclude with the fact that Newcastle United is cursed. Joey Barton plays one and a half match and gets a broken metatarsal from a friendly game against Carlisle. How is that possible?

:frantic: >:( :tickedoff:

Well, our central midfield cover is poor, and my suggestion is to get 1 defencive midfielder, 2 left backs, 1 right back and at least 1 more central defender.

I think we can conclude with the fact that Newcastle United is cursed. Joey Barton plays one and a half match and gets a broken metatarsal from a friendly game against Carlisle. How is tat possible?

obviously quite possible

I think we can conclude with the fact that Newcastle United is cursed. Joey Barton plays one and a half match and gets a broken metatarsal from a friendly game against Carlisle. How is that possible?

"Partially Fractured Fifth Metatarsal"  8)

Well this surely doesnt make things any better. Just three weeks to go and our midfield engine and almost no defenders at all atm..jesus fucking christ.

Hopefully we can get in a few defenders soon at least...

Guest Milburnthedog

Bloody hell. My heart sank when I saw that news late last night. At least it gives Sam time to re-organise the midfield in time for Bolton.

Just hope funds are released quickly to shore up the defence as thats our biggest problem. We'll live with Barton out for a few matches.

Yes, well, just what we needed... typical..... >:(

What now? SA is no messias, and Mark A. needs to be willing to spend some cash now, otherwise I'm afraid some of us need to step in during the upcomin' season :razz:

Who is Mark A?

We can already see the effect of Big Sam.usually our injuries were at least 4 months on average and now its just 6 weeks.

What a silly thing to say.

Didn't you know Big Sam is the metatarsel equivalent of Dr Steadman? ;)

The only good to come out of this is it's pre-season so he'll not miss as many games as he would have done during the season and we've got time to bring in a replacement although that will now probably get in the way of other transfers.

I guess even a partial fracture means a couple of month. Rush him back too soon and he'll be fucked. Then, he'll be well behind in terms of match fitness. Probably won't see the best of him until November.

All my own guesswork!

Ashley is really going to need to pull his finger out now

Well, Mr Ashley has been a monstrous disappoinment thus far, and no mistake.....

well im still optimistic- we now have a decent manager, and shepherd has no power now!! this seasons gonna be alright but not europe standard i dont think, i mean we are in transition what do you expect?

with the barton injury, yeah i saw it on SSN, 6 or 7 weeks out and operation on Monday. Poor bloke, I liked him so far. heres hoping the rest heal quickly. anyone know how long its gonna take these others to come back?