No Ashley transfer funds! Yet!

Guest Brazilianbob

So tell us, are you glad we've taken the risk with Ashley, or would you rather we'd stuck with Fred?

Please tell us, how do you know that Ashley is going to back his managers more than the Halls and Shepherd, and reach the Champions League ?

I don't know, obviously. No one does, probably not even Ashley. It's a risk.

Still, I'm glad we've taken the risk with Ashley, rather than stick with Shepherd. How about you?

(You might find this useful: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/risk)

I hope Ashley doesn't call you nasty names and hurt your delicate little feelings then, but I'll reserve my judgement until I see how he backs his managers

Guest sicko2ndbest

What happened tonight may speed the process up a little:

1) Mort realises the need for further defensive stregthening especially CB and LB

2) Players will take note of us beating Celtic regardless of it being a friendly.

3) Hopefully Mort will be captivated by what he has seen tonight and be spunking on the phone to Big Mike later.

4) From the pictures on Setanta it looked as though Mort and Big Sam were getting on very well.

I'll reserve my judgement until I see how he backs his managers

It's not a question of "judgement". It's a question of preference.

Take a risk with Ashley? Blunder further down the road to oblivion with Shepherd?

(This may help: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/preference)

coming from a person who backed Souness until the day he was sacked ?

Still think we were on course for success with him as manager ?

And your idol Tina Arsprilla, who scored 2 goals in a season ?

You don't have much of a success rate with taking risks do you

mackems.gif

Take a risk with Ashley? Blunder further down the road to oblivion with Shepherd?

mackems.gif

but he made his choices when they were offered.

i prefer his stance to yours,i'd rather make the wrong choice known that hide behind excuses.

So tell us, are you glad we've taken the risk with Ashley, or would you rather we'd stuck with Fred?

Please tell us, how do you know that Ashley is going to back his managers more than the Halls and Shepherd, and reach the Champions League ?

bump.

For the mackem WUM, as he has deliberately missed it.

mackems.gif

The cheeky bastard tried to deny it, he claimed the mod's changed his posts, at least I think that was him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

People

BIG SAM'S CASH BLOW PROBLEM

EXCLUSIVE

By Martin Hardy

Sam ALLARDYCE has been dealt a devastating blow by Newcastle's new owners, who have told him he has just £10million available for new signings.

And to make matters worse for Big Sam, that figure INCLUDES the wages of the players he wants to bring in.

Chairman Chris Mort took control at St James' Park following the sacking of Freddy Shepherd last week.

And People Sport understands the lawyer, put in power by billionaire Toon owner Mike Ashley, has told Allardyce he will need to sell before any more cash becomes available.

It means the expected £5m sale of Kieron Dyer - with West Ham and Tottenham leading the chase - is a vital one to help boost the Toon warchest.

The news could not have come at a worse time for Allardyce, who has seen his squad hit by injury and earlier claimed the new owners would have to be fools not to support his plans for rebuilding the underachieving club.

Advertisement

He said: "They know very little of football. It'd be pretty foolish not to back me now."

The injury situation reached crisis levels during Thursday's friendly with Celtic, when Allardyce (below) was forced to bring on reserve goalkeeper Steve Harper up front.

Allardyce, who agreed to join the Magpies in May when Shepherd was still in charge, believes he will need to form a strong relationship with Mort to have any chance of succeeding.

He said: "It's for me to provide the information to help them understand why I'm doing what I'm doing and where I'm going, and show them we need to initially focus on the first team."

Guest Guinness

It's from the People, possibly the least reliable rag there is. Pretty sure they were spouting off a couple of months ago about us having £50m to spend. I'd be very concerned if it was true but nothing from that rag can be taken seriously.

How reliable is this? If true, we can forget about qualifying for Europe next season, and I can see our best players wanting to leave this summer or next.. It's great to have a billionaire as an owner, but if he doesn't know anything about football, doesn't want to invest in the playing side and doesn't trust his manager's judgement I can't see too much progress compared to the previous owners, despite all the optimism..

Guest toontoon

I'd be very suprised if true, I cant see Ashley having bought the club not giving sam a reasonable amount of money to spend.

Guest Guinness

How reliable is this?

The People is the least reliable Sunday paper.

Good.. The quotes in that article are old aren't they?

Yep, they've put them together to make it look credible even though they mention nothing of having only £10m to spend.

People

BIG SAM'S CASH BLOW PROBLEM

EXCLUSIVE

By Martin Hardy

Sam ALLARDYCE has been dealt a devastating blow by Newcastle's new owners, who have told him he has just £10million available for new signings.

And to make matters worse for Big Sam, that figure INCLUDES the wages of the players he wants to bring in.

Chairman Chris Mort took control at St James' Park following the sacking of Freddy Shepherd last week.

And People Sport understands the lawyer, put in power by billionaire Toon owner Mike Ashley, has told Allardyce he will need to sell before any more cash becomes available.

It means the expected £5m sale of Kieron Dyer - with West Ham and Tottenham leading the chase - is a vital one to help boost the Toon warchest.

The news could not have come at a worse time for Allardyce, who has seen his squad hit by injury and earlier claimed the new owners would have to be fools not to support his plans for rebuilding the underachieving club.

Advertisement

He said: "They know very little of football. It'd be pretty foolish not to back me now."

The injury situation reached crisis levels during Thursday's friendly with Celtic, when Allardyce (below) was forced to bring on reserve goalkeeper Steve Harper up front.

Allardyce, who agreed to join the Magpies in May when Shepherd was still in charge, believes he will need to form a strong relationship with Mort to have any chance of succeeding.

He said: "It's for me to provide the information to help them understand why I'm doing what I'm doing and where I'm going, and show them we need to initially focus on the first team."

Seems highly unlikely that 10M including wages is all that BS would be given. Taking into account the type of player you need to attract would be commanding wages of 50k plus per year, that alone is 2.5m without transfer fees. Mort has already said Sam would be given cash to spend, so I doubt they would insult him with such a derisory amount of money. We've fallen way behind the leading pack in recent years, and the likes of West Sham, Villa and Man City are spending big in an attempt to at least make up some ground on the top. To only allow Sam to spend a small amount of money would put us even further down the pecking order, and knock a few quid off the price of Ashleys investment to boot. At the same time though, it wouldn't surprise me if Mort has told Sam to flog Dyer as he hasn't given the club value for his 80 odd grand a week. If we can get 5m for him, added to the 5m or so he costs in wages, it's like instantly bringing 10M in

Tbh, even if this is true, I'd settle for us spending £15million (inc Dyer sale) for the rest of the window. We good get two quality defenders and two or so squad players with that.

Guest firetotheworks

From Newcastle Blog

'So Mort has already said new signings are necessary before the season starts.  We have to believe this story is made up to sell Sunday papers.

However, what we do now want to hear is a denial for Chris Mort and that there is sufficient money in the transfer kitty to bring in the class of player Sam Allardyce wants and needs. This acknowledgement  must be made very quickly by our new board to clear up this confusion.'

http://nufcblog.com/newcastle-transfer-kitty-only-10m-we-dont-believe-it/

Does anyone get tired of their patta clogging up newsnow? They'll do an article on owt. 'However we do now want to hear is a denial for Chris Mort...'. Use your bastard common sense man!

From a business point of view alone, it would be pointless buying a big club like Newcastle then invest as if it were Carlisle. To grow the 'brand' as it were will mean spending serious money on the squad. It might not be possible straight away due to the recent take over but at the moment I'd just rather take Mort at face value. Allardyce has been given the go ahead to pinpoint players and the board will try and acquire them.

From Newcastle Blog

'So Mort has already said new signings are necessary before the season starts.  We have to believe this story is made up to sell Sunday papers.

However, what we do now want to hear is a denial for Chris Mort and that there is sufficient money in the transfer kitty to bring in the class of player Sam Allardyce wants and needs. This acknowledgement  must be made very quickly by our new board to clear up this confusion.'

http://nufcblog.com/newcastle-transfer-kitty-only-10m-we-dont-believe-it/

Does anyone get tired of their patta clogging up newsnow? They'll do an article on owt. 'However we do now want to hear is a denial for Chris Mort...'. Use your b****** common sense man!

You're just taking a snipe at one comment in an otherwise very sensible article. The `Mort-Ashley needs to come out more´ debate has been going on around here as well, and I would argue that it is the silence and the apparent lack of action that allows for the sort of Sunday newspaper article speculation above.

So, what does your common sense tell you at the moment firetotheworks? Is everything honkey dorey at SJP, or is there reason for worry?