Andy Carroll a wanted man

Skirge

It doesn't have to be for the whole season. Someone came out days after Allardyce said the loan rules had changed, and said you don't have to loan players out for the whole season.

Aye, pretty sure I read something from Mourinho recently about letting one of his players go out for 3 months.

I'd rather him playing than Ameobi myself.

Hmmm remember the last time someone said something similar, Carroll went off and Shola got a brace.

Grass is always greener though....

I think in the long term, Carroll will be the better player. No doubt though that at the moment Shola is the better of the two.

I agree there. Just don't understand why people would sooner have him instead of Ameobi now though based on about 4 sub appearances and reserve games.

Based on Ameobi's awful performances over the last 3 years and that Carroll looks a much better bet as a physical prescense up front.

You do realise that for the majority of those 3 years he's been playing injured?

Haven't the rules for loaning players changed this season?  Not sure if I am right with this but I think the new rules mean the players are loaned out for a whole season and there would be no recall option.  If so, this makes it a really difficult decision as you might need them in a few months time.

We are OK with the strikers providing they all stay and are fit so you could probably afford to let Carroll go.  However, unless we sign some defenders there is no way that we could allow any of them to go on loan.

yeah i heard that too

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

I kind of hope he stays, on the premier league dream team website, he's listed as a defender.  If he gets a few games under his belt, he could get a canny few points.

Cant see him getting any games in the PL next season... May as well loan him out - 3 months initially then see what the craic is then...

Based on Ameobi's awful performances over the last 3 years and that Carroll looks a much better bet as a physical prescense up front.

Ok then so his goal record under Roeder was awful was it?

Ok then so his goal record under Roeder was awful was it?

But its Shola, he is obviously shit tbf!!!1111111zzzz11!!

Hull have asked Newcastle if Andrew Carroll can sign on a season-long loan deal, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

The 18-year-old striker has been part of Newcastle's pre-season squad but is expected to miss out when Mark Viduka returns from international duty.

Carroll has four years left on his contract at the Premiership club.

He became the Magpies youngest European debutant when he made his first-team debut in the 1-0 Uefa Cup win in Palermo on 2 November 2006.

Guest BooBoo

The squads too thin to let anymore players (who aren't called Matty Pattinson) to leave, even on loan.

The squads too thin to let anymore players (who aren't called Matty Pattinson) to leave, even on loan.

Agree in general, but even if we'd loan out Carrol, we still have good cover for forwards. Owen, Martins, Viduka, Ameobi and probably Luque should be enough. Would be a shame having Carrol just watching games for a year now, reckon he's got a bright future

That goal today will only enhance interest from the Championship. It's not much in reality, but a goal against Juventus is inevitably going to be a strong catalyst. Hull's an alright option but they're a bit shite, Carroll would probably be expected to carry them at a lot of periods. He's better off going to a side with better quality than that, i reckon - he'd get 8 or 9 goals max there, i think - they'll probably go down next season.

Is he left footed, by the way?

Think so, aye.

Fantastic finish today, and impressed me second half with his flick ons and headers won. Needed someone to run onto them though.