Allardyce says 'I am proper cacking myself'

Dave

Guest Guinness

Allardyce seems to get more and more depressing in his interviews! Doesn't sound like things have gone to plan at all, we can only hope that we target the remaining players successfully before the start of the new season.

Allardyce seems to get more and more depressing in his interviews! Doesn't sound like things have gone to plan at all, we can only hope that we target the remaining players successfully before the start of the new season.

I think we'll get a pile of shit in tbh!

Don't know why, but just got that feeling!

Ben Haim was a massive blow to us! And if we can't tempt Campbell, Baines, Shorey, and other possible goodies, then wave bye bye to europe next season!

Oh well it was going so well at the beginning aswell !

Sam was saying yesterday that after he has done the initial sounding out regarding a potential recruit, he hands over to Mort who then takes it forward from there.

I think the board are being cautious, and maybe overly so, due to the bung enquiry which as a club we featured heavily in and which our current manager did also.

I remember the Rozehnal deal taking ages and I expect it is the same thing that is happening with all the others which are in the works. Every other move we've made this summer has been for people who were on a free and so they were more straightforward. Barton was pretty straight forward too because he had a clause that just had to be met.

I think we will get in the players we need, but I don't necessarily think the board are going to go out of their way to get it done as soon as possible just for Sam's sake. Their priority is probably to ensure the deals are being done right and we are not overpaying for players as has been our trademark. They've even chosen not to let Sam know what the budget is so that is a huge indication that they want to be in total control of the process.

Taking all this into account I would imagine it would make Sam pretty nervous because other than identifying the players he doesn't seem to be as involved as he is perhaps accustomed to being. Hopefully, his fears are unfounded and the board are going about things the right way and are in fact focused on bringing players in, with the only downside being it might take a bit longer than we would prefer.

The writing was on the wall when Sam came out into the media to plead for funds, his 'outburst' about how much clubs like Fulham are spending, how we're getting left behind, how the new board are too inexperienced and slow. For me those quotes were very revealing and that was when I became pretty concerned at the way things were going. Since then, Sam has become more and more vocal and all he has done is vent to the media. He says in the Chronicle today that he has pursued 10-15 players in the last two weeks and hasn't got any. I find it hard to believe all were out of our reach, so for the moment money definitely seems to be an issue. Sam alluded to this when he talked about 'spending money as soon as he gets it' for Dyer.

Basically everything Allardyce has said makes sense, his honesty is refreshing and I for one believe him. I think the new board, for whatever reason, have not been forthcoming with the funds he needs and it's going to have an impact on our season.

I still think the new people in charge are feeling their way into the job, both in terms of not having the experience to move as quickly as Sam likes, and not wanting to commit until they know exactly what they are dealing with behind the scenes.

Take a look at the Summer of Aston Villa's takeover and what happened there. Though i'm aware the timing was slightly different.

I still think the new people in charge are feeling their way into the job, both in terms of not having the experience to move as quickly as Sam likes, and not wanting to commit until they know exactly what they are dealing with behind the scenes.

Take a look at the Summer of Aston Villa's takeover and what happened there. Though i'm aware the timing was slightly different.

I think that may be giving MA a bit of an excuse.

Anyone taking over a football club must have a pretty good idea what it entails. We have a paper thin squad & Sam is quite clearly worried. As things stand I'd take a bet that if FF had still been in charge we'd have made the signings we already have plus some of the other "top" targets Sam wanted.

By the way, I'm not saying that I'd prefer that MA hadn't taken over. I just think he needs a bloody good shake. We all live & breathe NUFC, he clearly hasn't got this yet & we can only hope he does. He should get his backside up here & experience first hand what it means to own NUFC.

Sam was saying yesterday that after he has done the initial sounding out regarding a potential recruit, he hands over to Mort who then takes it forward from there.

I think the board are being cautious, and maybe overly so, due to the bung enquiry which as a club we featured heavily in and which our current manager did also.

I remember the Rozehnal deal taking ages and I expect it is the same thing that is happening with all the others which are in the works. Every other move we've made this summer has been for people who were on a free and so they were more straightforward. Barton was pretty straight forward too because he had a clause that just had to be met.

I think we will get in the players we need, but I don't necessarily think the board are going to go out of their way to get it done as soon as possible just for Sam's sake. Their priority is probably to ensure the deals are being done right and we are not overpaying for players as has been our trademark. They've even chosen not to let Sam know what the budget is so that is a huge indication that they want to be in total control of the process.

Taking all this into account I would imagine it would make Sam pretty nervous because other than identifying the players he doesn't seem to be as involved as he is perhaps accustomed to being. Hopefully, his fears are unfounded and the board are going about things the right way and are in fact focused on bringing players in, with the only downside being it might take a bit longer than we would prefer.

Said everything that basically needs to be said right there. I wonder whether Sam's panorama episode might have made the new board a bit more cautious about fast-tracking deals which is probably what Allardyce is more used to?

Anyone taking over a football club must have a pretty good idea what it entails. We have a paper thin squad & Sam is quite clearly worried. As things stand I'd take a bet that if FF had still been in charge we'd have made the signings we already have plus some of the other "top" targets Sam wanted.

By the way, I'm not saying that I'd prefer that MA hadn't taken over. I just think he needs a bloody good shake. We all live & breathe NUFC, he clearly hasn't got this yet & we can only hope he does. He should get his backside up here & experience first hand what it means to own NUFC.

All fair points. I'm sure it takes more than just understanding what the club is about though. From various signals and things have said it's been a right mess to sort out.

All fair points. I'm sure it takes more than just understanding what the club is about though. From various signals and things have said it's been a right mess to sort out.

It has been a mess and will be a mess for some time yet. That shouldn't be allowed to get in the way of the footballing side of things.

God help us if we start badly & pick up a couple more injuries. I don't suppose MA would be too happy with 50,000 Geordies singing he's a t*at or we want Shepherd back. Might sound unlikely but if we are a goal down at home to Wigan four games in then it is a distinct possibility.

Said everything that basically needs to be said right there. I wonder whether Sam's panorama episode might have made the new board a bit more cautious about fast-tracking deals which is probably what Allardyce is more used to?

When you take into account the fact that both the club and the manager were such a big part of the bung investigations, and you add to this the fact that Mort is having a first go at his new role, you would have to imagine that things would be taken very, very slowly. The emphasis is going to be on ensuring there are no similar scenarios in the future. I'm sure the recent police raid at the club would have only further slowed things down and re-emphasized the need for things to be done properly. All very frustrating, but the former regime has to take the blame.

Recent police raid.  Singular.  And can the damn word 'raid' stop being used.  By all accounts it wasn't a team of riot police clattering through the halls and decking old tea ladies with their shields. 

When you take into account the fact that both the club and the manager were such a big part of the bung investigations, and you add to this the fact that Mort is having a first go at his new role, you would have to imagine that things would be taken very, very slowly. The emphasis is going to be on ensuring there are no similar scenarios in the future. I'm sure the recent police raids at the club would have only further slowed things down and re-emphasized the need for things to be done properly. All very frustrating, but the former regime has to take the blame.

All of this was available information to MA & his team before he bought the club. The recent police raid is officially (according to the police as well) nothing to do with the club.

None of this can be used as an excuse for the present difficulties Sam is having in the transfer market.

Although he says quality is running out other than Ben Haim im struggling to think of other quality defenders or players that have moves.???

Exactly, that last article I posted also contained numbers of players we've tried to get, it mentions 10 to 15, I think I've only seen about 30 players moving with Premiership experience and most of them have been players we shouldn't be looking at, you wouldn't mention them and quality in the same breath.

Have to admit, this is getting a bit worrying now.

I know we have a new inexperienced board and whatever. Surely they must realise that fannying on over transfers for whatever reason - whether it being a bit tight with the money or just not fully knowing how to go about it -  is going to have a detrimental effect on the club in both the short and long term.

If it's true that Sam has tried and failed in the past week or whatever to get about 10-15 players, then that is VERY worrying.

Although he says quality is running out other than Ben Haim im struggling to think of other quality defenders or players that have moves.???

Exactly, that last article I posted also contained numbers of players we've tried to get, it mentions 10 to 15, I think I've only seen about 30 players moving with Premiership experience and most of them have been players we shouldn't be looking at, you wouldn't mention them and quality in the same breath.

thats the players who have moved,what about those we could be interested in but haven't moved.

Guest Gemmill

Dave likes to go around changing the titles of peoples threads, so I think it's only fair that I point out that this one should have Allardyce saying "Am puwah brickin it leyyyyyyk!"

I am feeling a lot less positive about things, early on with Roeder gone and Sam in and the new owner all was looking great, but things seem to have hit a brick wall now and we are looking more at players leaving than players coming in.

I'd have to agree. I can't imagine who he means.

Ben Haim

Distin

Jagielka

Luke Young

Bouhlarouz

As far as defenders go those are the only ones I can think of and only Ben Haim and Distin should really be considered great losses. The others are certainly not as good you wouldn't think.

thats the players who have moved,what about those we could be interested in but haven't moved.

Well if they haven't moved maybe we are still in with a chance of resurrecting the deal so not as worrying. Sam did state that a number of them had moved though and so it is hard to imagine who he could have meant.

Guest Breezer

I am feeling a lot less positive about things, early on with Roeder gone and Sam in and the new owner all was looking great, but things seem to have hit a brick wall now and we are looking more at players leaving than players coming in.

couldn't agree more. this is starting to bothering me