Silvestre Turns Us Down

Crumpy Gunt

It crossed my mind that Dyer might be leaving for similar reasons, I know they were seen playing chess together in Austria but that doesn't mean much. It's when Joey reaches for his cigars you start to fidget nervously. Bowyer lamped Dyer for disappearing in a game, maybe Dyer saw the writing on the wall, no more hiding here.

Guest SwissMagpie

Thank God that Joey punched Dabo :-)

BTW the Daily Mail says that Gooners are going to bid 4m for Lassana Diarra.Come one Sam! wake up

I am confident if we signed him he would have been the scapegoat by this time last season.

Yes we desperately need a left back and another centre back but I don't see the point in just signing anyone and Silvestre is just too error prone.

Guest Obafan

Makes mistakes in almost every game which could cost us points. Man U has Vidic and Ferdinand to cover those erors. Why don't we go for Shorey? He's a young player, EPL experience, British, ...

to be honest every game he plays he seems to make a few mistakes!would be a good squad player,but we need first team players now!I understand what sam said about maybe getting the quanity of players but not the quality!he will prob cost around £7mil as well and  I dont thnink hes worth that much!

Its about time to took stock again and realised the defenders of the quality (?) of silvestre are all we are going to get until we become something close to Champions League qualification quality again. People of Maldini-esque ability are just going to laugh at us so for now we are going to have to settle for the Silvestre types.

Anyone who thinks that we are capable of getting better are deluded.

Its about time to took stock again and realised the defenders of the quality (?) of silvestre are all we are going to get until we become something close to Champions League qualification quality again. People of Maldini-esque ability are just going to laugh at us so for now we are going to have to settle for the Silvestre types.

Something Sam seems to only just be coming to terms with aswell.

Guess we should have kept Bramble then...

Guess we should have kept Bramble then...

Well obviously not... Silvestre is much more of an improvement on Titus, but is just suspect enough not to be a regular in a  Premiership winning side. At the minute the best that we can hope to attract.

Genuinely struggling to think of a defender on our books who's better than Silvestre tbh.

Don't know what the fuck's going on in some people's minds....Just fucking baffling.  :undecided:

Genuinely struggling to think of a defender on our books who's better than Silvestre tbh.

Don't know what the fuck's going on in some people's minds....Just fucking baffling.  :undecided:

I havent seen Rozenhal yet but him apart, no one is better than him. No doubt he would be good for us

I havent seen Rozenhal yet but him apart, no one is better than him. No doubt he would be good for us

Exactly. We might have a Cb who might be as good as him. Other than that?

Yet some thick twats are dismissing him as a joke signing. Beggars belief tbh.  :rolleyes:

Well he's got the experience Sam's looking for but i've always found him to be dodgy when he hasn't got Ferdinand next to him, would be a huge improvement on moore and bramble though.

So are people like Shorey and Baines way out of our league then? Because I would be MUCH happier with one of those (and I still worry Shorey could be a one season wonder).

Just because people think Silvestre is shit it doesn't mean we think we should be going for the worlds greatest left back ever! City look to be signing a very highly rated left back, are they really so far ahead of us when it comes to attracting players?

Guest firetotheworks

So are people like Shorey and Baines way out of our league then? Because I would be MUCH happier with one of those (and I still worry Shorey could be a one season wonder).

Just because people think Silvestre is s*** it doesn't mean we think we should be going for the worlds greatest left back ever! City look to be signing a very highly rated left back, are they really so far ahead of us when it comes to attracting players?

Yeah, they are. They have Sven as a manager who outside of England and particularly in Italy is highly respected. I agree that Id rather we went for Shorey or Baines personally, but I dont think we should be turning our nose up at Silvestre either. I think we should either aim higher later after we've got a decent league position or bring someone unknown in who Sam can turn into a great player. Dont think the latter will happen though, nor would it please all of these people wanting big names.