Faye signs three year deal

STM

I don't think Faye will be a useful signing and I've said why. We'll just have to wait and see now.

Who would you rather we spend the £2m on then, just out of interest?

Andy O'Brien. Proven at this level, good Premiership experience, Champions League experience and he's younger than Faye. Brilliant.

I don't think Faye will be a useful signing and I've said why. We'll just have to wait and see now.

Watch and see him struggle to come up with something ;D

Not really interested in seeing him struggle tbh. He's got his opinion and that's fair enough imo.

I was just wondering who would be a better buy for £2m.

Of course there aren`t any better buys for £2mil out there. I find everything positive with the capture of Faye.

1) The price. £ 2 mil.

2) His positions; CB and DCM. We will for the first time get some depth in centrebacks.

3) He is an experienced PL player, and has been one of Boltons most important players over the last couple of years.

4) Sam knows him in and out, and so he knows how to use him the best, and how to get as musch out of him as possible.

5) His overall attitude. He seems to give 100 % for the team and seems like a great guy who will do whatever the manager tells him.

6) Of course his abilities. Good tackling, work-rate, fair speed, versatile, leadership and a whole lot more!

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

Of course there aren`t any better buys for £2mil out there. I find everything positive with the capture of Faye.

1) The price. £ 2 mil.

2) His positions; CB and DCM. We will for the first time get some depth in centrebacks.

3) He is an experienced PL player, and has been one of Boltons most important players over the last couple of years.

4) Sam knows him in and out, and so he knows how to use him the best, and how to get as musch out of him as possible.

5) His overall attitude. He seems to give 100 % for the team and seems like a great guy who will do whatever the manager tells him.

6) Of course his abilities. Good tackling, work-rate, fair speed, versatile, leadership and a whole lot more!

7) Out paced by Viduka last week.

1) The price. £ 2 mil.

What do you mean? He was the best Bolton player against us last week, alongside Anelka!

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

1) The price. £ 2 mil.

What do you mean? He was the best Bolton player against us last week, alongside Anelka!

I mean he got out paced by Viduka last week, and no he wasn't

Guest Chief Bluntasnot

Most Bolton fans clap with the outside of their hands whilst jumping to James Brown after every goal mind..

if we sign him fair enough, like every player I'll give him a chance - i'm just not convinced by him

Andy O'Brien. Proven at this level, good Premiership experience, Champions League experience and he's younger than Faye. Brilliant.

:yikes:

The man who was hounded out of this club, one we were unbelievably lucky to get any money for, considering his performances.  He's also hated already by Bolton fans, I'd rather take the defender they built a European squad with and the fans are desperate to hang onto instead of one who can't really get a game at Pompey.

I think the stick Taylor has got is a bit harsh, he did lose the ball near the end but I thought he had a decent game alongside Rozehnal.

Milner did get a few good crosses into the box, people failed to get on the end of them. Apart from Rozehnals shot (volley i think) Milner was the closest to getting a goal for us aswell. He worked his arse off as usual and must have won us plenty of corners (no doubt that will just be put down to his inability to cross).

james is mental, 29 is old? 25-30 is when a player is in their prime, 32 upwards is when the years start to take their toll. and it can't hurt to have a premiership-experienced beast of a man as a back-up, could even replace taylor (for now perhaps) as the 1st team centre-half . wouldn't surprise me if sam converts him to a right-back aswell.

Defence wasnt the problem yeterday.

no, it wasn't. It wasn't last season either, it was retention of the ball and giving it away cheaply in attacking positions particularly.

yesterday it was obvious that Viduka was the main outlet for the "wall pass", but when you play like this you need someone to run past you, or a breaker from midfield with pace, especially when he shows himself deep for a shorter ball. This is the style that Allardyce is going to play, and it does work with such players. Martins played too wide, when zoggy moves back into midfield, he may play more inside.

Smith and Geremi don't work in midfield, there is no creativity, but Smith got into the box a few times, and I think Geremi will move when Barton is back. Ironically, Dire would suit this system well, but I'm glad he's gone, I hope we repalce him with a player with pace. All this outlines is our lack of depth, or the need for another attacking midfield player.

Our main threats were zoggy when he moved forward, and Milners crossing was very good, most of his balls from both sides were right into the danger areas, but on the day Viduka was well held - and fouled - by the Villa centre backs, he won't come up against that every week and also only needs to get to such good crosses 2 or 3 times per game and he would put one in.

I can't remember any crosses from Milner into the box yesterday, certainly none dangerous.

Our problem was clear to see yesterday, no creativity through the middle and none of Smith, Geremi or Butt being prepared to bring the ball forward, they were happy either passing it back or lumping it long.

I'm afraid to say but Smith is Dyer's replacement.

Thats what i saw, ref Milner, and I'm sticking to it. I've said elsewhere pretty much the same thing as yourself about the midfield 3. 

I'm quite happy to see Smith in the team instead of Dyer, but I'll be disappointed if the board makes the manager operate a "one man in one man out for a similar fee" policy. It is a long time since the board at NUFC adopted such a policy. Basically, we should always be looking for players to strengthen the team, with the knowledge that having a big fanbase, we can within reasonable limits speculate to accumulate.

I'm quite happy to see Smith in the team instead of Dyer, but I'll be disappointed if the board makes the manager operate a "one man in one man out for a similar fee" policy. It is a long time since the board at NUFC adopted such a policy. Basically, we should always be looking for players to strengthen the team, with the knowledge that having a big fanbase, we can within reasonable limits speculate to accumulate.

Where has it been suggested this is the case?

Where has it been suggested this is the case?

In NE5's post, the part you've highlighted.  :razz:

A lot will depend on Allardyce's views on Emre tbh. It's obvious he thinks highly of Barton, and if he has high hopes for Emre then it's arguable that we're stocked well in midfield already.

What we really lacked on Saturday was someone like Barton to get forward and make the most of Viduka's play with his back to goal and a playmaker ala Emre to provide quality balls in to Viduka's feet.

Time will tell, but there's certainly a case for getting in a top playmaker as there are obvious concerns over how much Emre will contribute.

Personally, I'd give thought to playing Milner through the middle until Barton is back. Now that Owen is back and N'Zogbia should be able to move out of the LB spot we have another two options for the wide roles. Milner would get beyond the front man and would be a goal threat from the middle, which we sorely lacked on Saturday.