N'Zogbia to Fulham 'thought to be close' - BBC

James

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/6924296.stm

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez is thought to be close to boosting his squad with the additions of midfielders Seol Ki-Hyeon and Charles N'Zogbia.

Newcastle's N'Zogbia, 21, is likely to cost around £3m, while Fulham are believed to have offered Reading £1m for 28-year-old South Korean Seol.

Looks like he is off given that it is one of those typical 'BBC understands' articles that always come true.

Don't take this the wrong way but you're talking out of your arsehole. How can you possibly take a snippet like that and take it as gospel?

Editorial standards. Dont BBC always only report these things if they recieve matching info from two reliable sources.

Walter Mitty and Billy Liar, hopefully.

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez is thought to be close to boosting his squad with the additions of midfielders Seol Ki-Hyeon and Charles N'Zogbia.

Newcastle's N'Zogbia, 21, is likely to cost around £3m, while Fulham are believed to have offered Reading £1m for 28-year-old South Korean Seol.

Looks like he is off given that it is one of those typical 'BBC understands' articles that always come true.

Don't take this the wrong way but you're talking out of your arsehole. How can you possibly take a snippet like that and take it as gospel?

Editorial standards. Dont BBC always only report these things if they recieve matching info from two reliable sources.

No.

Guest icemanblue

File this one under 'load of smelly donkey shit'.

I'm sorry, as much as you seem to trust the BBC James, i really don't see this happening. Fulham? £3m?! Nahhh.

Guest Guinness

Like I said, BBC often say that something is 'thought to be close' or that they 'understand,' and it usually comes true.

Didn't they also say they "understood" Spurs to have made a £5m bid for Dyer only for Big Sam to deny any bids had been made hours later?

Guest Darth Toon

Not a chance. One of our best players pre-season, and one of only a couple of (admittedly ropey) options for left back.

On the BBC, 'according to reports' is a lot different to 'thought to be close'

The truth of this BBC article also increases several times when they are the first source to be running this story.

They're not! It was in the Daily Mirror, also known as Britain's most unreliable football newspaper, this morning!

Only quotes in that article are Seol suggesting he would move to Fulham. Would be gutted if N'Zogbia left, especially after his performance against Juventus and with Barton injured and Dyer wanting away.

Meanwhile, Fulham are believed to have opened talks with Newcastle over midfielder Charles

N'Zogbia.

Allardyce is looking to land Papa Bouba Diop as part of any deal but it is yet to be seen whether

Lawrie Sanchez will be open to a swap.

From a fulham site

Exactly. I don't understand how the BBC has developed this aura of integrity and honesty, it talks just as much s*** as anything else does.

Had this broken about 2 months ago after his 'bust-up' I might, might have said it had a bit of credence. The lad's back playing well by most accounts and any rifts that may have been there seem to have been sorted.

Horseshit imo. 

Meanwhile, Fulham are believed to have opened talks with Newcastle over midfielder Charles

N'Zogbia.

Allardyce is looking to land Papa Bouba Diop as part of any deal but it is yet to be seen whether

Lawrie Sanchez will be open to a swap.

From a fulham site

Which is what SSN's website is reporting.

Rumours, that's all but James wants to state it as FACT Zoggy is on the verge of leaving.

:rolleyes:

They've no quotes regarding N'Zogbia, and we've absolutely no reason to sell him.

More crap reporting.  Although I'm sure Anal will have the EXCLUSIVE tomorrow: "Indeed it is true that stories about Charles N'Zogbia being sold are not wide of the mark."

And the BBC are just as "accurate" as most news outlets as it relates to transfer talk.

Guest icemanblue

People, WE DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THIS, IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

I'M NOT WORRIED. WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Hes in the 1st team right now and getting games, Sam said he wants to keep him and thinks hes a great talent.

I also value Zoggy around the £7m mark personally, one the brightest prospects we have.

IGNORED.

Only quotes in that article are Seol suggesting he would move to Fulham. Would be gutted if N'Zogbia left, especially after his performance against Juventus and with Barton injured and Dyer wanting away.

With the Seol quotes available, they didn't even need to mention N'Zogbia and have a story. For me, that adds to the credence of the piece.

Whenever I see something like this, I'm always reminded of the stories that used to come up every single year for ten fucking years: "LEE WANTS LONDON RETURN!"

Robert Lee - "er no I don't, I love it here."

Next Day: "LEE STILL WANTS LONDON RETURN!"

Fuck off and stop trying to unsettle our players, fucking cockney arseholes.