N'Zogbia to Fulham 'thought to be close' - BBC

James

Only quotes in that article are Seol suggesting he would move to Fulham. Would be gutted if N'Zogbia left, especially after his performance against Juventus and with Barton injured and Dyer wanting away.

With the Seol quotes available, they didn't even need to mention N'Zogbia and have a story. For me, that adds to the credence of the piece.

....what?  :lol:

I'd be amazed if he was sold and even more so at that price when Chopra and Richardson are £5m plus!!

PS - whats with all the weather forecasters in signatures?

I'm not surprised Richardson is valued higher than him tbh.

I think he is expendable, duff will be 1st choice on the left when fit, milner can player there too. A decent player but i dont rate him anywhere near as highly as some do, his commitment is questionable too. get rid and strengthen the areas we are short in, as is seems at the moment we need to sell before we buy.

Yesterday's Times had us linked to Diop for £3m in the fulham section of their The Game supplement, no mention of N'Zogbia though.

I'm going for crossed-wires or plain speculative crap on this one.

Would like Diop though.

James, I've just shown you a Duff story that was horse-shit.

Although at that time, it was no secret that Spurs were leading the race to sign Duff. Even Duff admitted that he'd spoken to Spurs.

Although at that time, it was no secret that Spurs were leading the race to sign Duff. Even Duff admitted that he'd spoken to Spurs.

Right, so now you've moved the goalposts.

But we've said we dont want to sell, and the player hasn't handed in a transfer request.

If you read the article, there is a mention of an actual offer from Fulham for Seol, and more importantly,  there are quotes from the player.  That part is therefore believable.

Newcastle's N'Zogbia, 21, is likely to cost around £3m, while Fulham are believed to have offered Reading £1m for 28-year-old South Korean Seol.

Seol said: "Fulham want me and I would be happy to play for them."

As for Zoggy?  No quotes, no mention of a concrete offer...instead, mere speculation of a potential price tag.

There is a big difference.

Let's use just a bit of logic here when thinking about these things.  We have an incredibly thin squad as it is.  Does it make the slightest bit of sense to sell Zoggy at this point?  Not at all.  Does it then make sense to sell him for a cut-price 3 million?  Certainly not. 

If it happened, it would be indefensible.  But it won't happen.

But we've said we dont want to sell, and the player hasn't handed in a transfer request.

Things change, the same could have been said for Dyer last month.

Don't see how I've personally moved the goalposts Wullie, the goalposts are always moving in the transfer market. But given that Milner is preferred to Zoggy on the left, and  that the BBC are rarely wrong as to what is happenning at that exact moment, N'Zogbia certainly looks on route to a Fulham move, although the goalposts may change, someonemight have a change of heart, or another club may come in.