Dragutinovic - Set to sign new Sevilla contract

Guest TrEe

Looks like a big guy. Probably bought to play centre defence rather than LB.

I think you might see another player coming who can play both center back and left back, Allardyce likes his players versatile and it gives us more options in several positions.

Would be surprised if he's mobile enough to play LB. Looks like he's built like a brick shithouse.

Guest Guinness

Would be pleased if this turned out to be true, we'd finally have a left back! One who'd impose himself as well.

Its strange to me that Sevilla is still such a selling club. They are winning trophies and can offer CL-football. If they are selling Drago and Alves, maybe we can go for Christian Poulsen. Would be the perfect defensive midfielder for us.

Its strange to me that Sevilla is still such a selling club. They are winning trophies and can offer CL-football. If they are selling Drago and Alves, maybe we can go for Christian Poulsen. Would be the perfect defensive midfielder for us.

Selling a player who is 32 in November for £2-3m. Wouldn't call that a bad piece of bussiness and they'll probably replace him with someone better.

Selling a player who is 32 in November for £2-3m. Wouldn't call that a bad piece of bussiness and they'll probably replace him with someone better.

I agree with that but he has been good for them and they have defensive problems with injuries at the moment.

old experienced head is what sam said he wanted and thats exactly what he has went for obviously its a stop gap but the continental experience they can pass on to the younger lads is invaluable. If only we could have gotten Sol Campbell in for some premier wisdom but never mind extra bodies at the back at the minimum.

old experienced head is what sam said he wanted and thats exactly what he has went for obviously its a stop gap but the continental experience they can pass on to the younger lads is invaluable. If only we could have gotten Sol Campbell in for some premier wisdom but never mind extra bodies at the back at the minimum.

Agreed but €4m is still a fair old wedge to spend on a stopgap.  It's not as though there will be a resale value at the end of the contract.

Agreed but 4m is still a fair old wedge to spend on a stopgap.  It's not as though there will be a resale value at the end of the contract.

It'd be more than acceptable if he was here for 3 years, imo. Can't see that Sol Campbell'd be any cheaper and I don't think he's got long left. He also can't play leftback!

Thing is players have been lasting longer these days, there is a chance we could get 2-3 good seasons out of him so 2.5 million wouldn't see so much then. Okay he could get crocked or be crap but we need to take risks, at this point in time I'd rather sign this guy for 2.5 million than Curtis Davies for 9

on a swedish fan site for Sevilla he got rated as one of the the best defenders at the club during last season. HE got a 4 out of a 5 ..Only Alves got 5/5 in their hole squad.

Dont know about this guys ratings but still..

If that money gives us the stability to qualify for Europe and therefore attract a better brand of player as a replacement, it will have been well worth it.

Agreed but €4m is still a fair old wedge to spend on a stopgap.  It's not as though there will be a resale value at the end of the contract.

If that money gives us the stability to qualify for Europe and therefore attract a better brand of player as a replacement, it will have been well worth it.

4m comes across a tad steep for 31 year old but we've grabbed a few bargains this summer to make up for it. If you look at it as 2 centre halfs for 2m a piece it doesn't look at all bad.

Just seen a pic of him on .com the guy looks a killer plus the story adds to his look about him decking one of a spanish comedy duo. Ant or Dec better watch the F**K out.

No wonder Dyer wants to leave, Barton, Butt, Smith, Drago, Big Sam there is a good chance he'd be killed if he stayed and f**cked up.

£2.7 million at the current exchange rate, I've got no problem with that price for a good player with a lot of experience who can sort out the left side of our defence for the next couple of years.  I think the Marca article mentioned another 1 million Euro's to be paid based on apearances/success, but still that's only another £670,000 and if its paid it would mean he's been a big success for us, which is fine with me :)