Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

Im not being funny but you'd have to have a pretty limited knowledge of football to have your "socks blown off" by the likes of Hughes and Redknapp offering there serives to us,team which are witin 8 points of us.

I must have  missed something. Has it been confirmed that the "SOCKS BLOWN OFF" person was either Hughes or Redknapp.

No but the same person who made the "socks blown off claim" follows up the story with a "Its 50/50 between Hughes and Redknapp"

1+1=3

Not quite. Whoever was getting banded about by an agent earlier on the week, to who the club may be after can be completely different things & news storiers.

Please note unlike NE5 I have not got the will power, time  or can be arsed to explain this over 25+ posts & then deal with the 75 or so sub topics that will be generated. If you cant digest it, ignore it :thup:

Im not being funny but you'd have to have a pretty limited knowledge of football to have your "socks blown off" by the likes of Hughes and Redknapp offering there serives to us,team which are witin 8 points of us.

I must have  missed something. Has it been confirmed that the "SOCKS BLOWN OFF" person was either Hughes or Redknapp.

No but the same person who made the "socks blown off claim" follows up the story with a "Its 50/50 between Hughes and Redknapp"

1+1=3/quote]

Not quite. Whoever was getting banded about by an agent earlier on the week, to who the club may be after can be completely different things & news storiers.

Please note unlike NE5 I have not got the will power, time  or can be arsed to explain this over 25+ posts & then deal with the 75 or so sub topics that will be generated. If you cant digest it, ignore it :thup:

I dont understand, it doesnt quite make sense. Are you saying that things may of changed since oliver was rung and the said manager may not be an option now?

1+1=3/quote]

Please note unlike NE5 I have not got the will power, time  or can be arsed to explain this over 25+ posts & then deal with the 75 or so sub topics that will be generated. If you cant digest it, ignore it :thup:

I dont understand, it doesnt quite make sense. Are you saying that things may of changed since oliver was rung and the said manager may not be an option now?

You dont say. 

I am saying who ever was getting touted around earlier on may be completely different to who the club are after which from reading the Chron today it was getting put across that Hughes was a club target. In todays article about Hughes being 50/50 did Oliver refer to the "BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF" story?

I must have missed something. Has it been confirmed that the "SOCKS BLOWN OFF" person was either Hughes or Redknapp.

1+1=3/quote]

Please note unlike NE5 I have not got the will power, time or can be arsed to explain this over 25+ posts & then deal with the 75 or so sub topics that will be generated. If you cant digest it, ignore it :thup:

You dont say.

I am saying who ever was getting touted around earlier on may be completely different to who the club are after which from reading the Chron today it was getting put across that Hughes was a club target. In todays article about Hughes being 50/50 did Oliver refer to the "BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF" story?

But if "Mort had his socks off" by this touted manager why would he be looking at other targets? Surely if he was that impressed by this said manager he'd be pursuing him and him only?

1+1=3

Please note unlike NE5 I have not got the will power, time  or can be arsed to explain this over 25+ posts & then deal with the 75 or so sub topics that will be generated. If you cant digest it, ignore it :thup:

You dont say. 

But if "Mort had his socks off" by this touted manager why would he be looking at other targets? Surely if he was that impressed by this said manager he'd be pursuing him and him only?

There you go, carry on from here

1+1=3/quote]

You dont say. 

Ok!

1+1=3/quote]

You dont say. 

Ok!

NOT THAT ONE, THIS ONE:

1+1=3

You dont say. 

I have no idea how to stop the quoting thing!

Press 'Quote', then type AFTER the last

tag.

Or I could stop replying to him :thup:

Aww come on, is what im saying not viable in your eyes then? That either Olivers story is complete codshit or that Hughes/Redknapp are the ones that "would blow his socks off"

Guest elbee909

"Socks off if you love the Toon" tbh.

Quote from: elbee909 on Today at 11:10:29 PM

"Socks off if you love the Toon".

Still, uncanny. ;)

Aww come on, is what im saying not viable in your eyes then? That either Olivers story is complete codshit or that Hughes/Redknapp are the ones that "would blow his socks off"

Fix your quotes and try using preview before posting.

tag.

LAST GO!!!

Because Chris Mort will not be making this appointment, so what makes him happy or blows his socks is irrelevant really. When it comes to footballing matters I belive Mike Ashley is more influenced by his long term pal Paul Kemsley, who has also said more about Sam being mutually dumped than Sam or the club. As some people will know (hopefully the spurs fans will back me up) Kemsley when he was Vice Chairman at Spurs wanted Harry at Spurs for a long time but could not convince Levy to make this appointment. This is also why anyone betting on Jol is a idiot because Kemsley  wanted Jol out of Spurs with a passion.

When Bill Kenwright wanted to confirm that Moyes was not a Newcastle target he spoke to Mike Ashley & not Chris Mort & Mike confirmed that Moyes would not be approached. When it comes to the big moves it Ashley that is in charge & running the gig.

To summarise: Somebody being touted to Mort may well blow his socks off but that may not be the person who Ashley wants.

tag.

LAST GO!!!

Because Chris Mort will not be making this appointment, so what makes him happy or blows his socks is irrelevant really. When it comes to footballing matters I belive Mike Ashley is more influenced by his long term pal Paul Kemsley, who has also said more about Sam being mutually dumped than Sam or the club. As some people will know (hopefully the spurs fans will back me up) Kemsley when he was Vice Chairman at Spurs wanted Harry at Spurs for a long time but could not convince Levy to make this appointment. This is also why anyone betting on Jol is a idiot because Kemsley  wanted Jol out of Spurs with a passion.

When Bill Kenwright wanted to confirm that Moyes was not a Newcastle target he spoke to Mike Ashley & not Chris Mort & Mike confirmed that Moyes would not be approached. When it comes to the big moves it Ashley that is in charge & running the gig.

To summarise: Somebody being touted to Mort may well blow his socks off but that may not be the person who Ashley wants.

:thup:

Fair enough, i understnd what you're syaing but i think i disagree with it to be honest, i just cant see Morts opinion being irrelevant, the only viable thing that springs to mind, is that Ashley has been a long admirer of Redknapp never thought it was possible to get him but then Redknapp offered his service which Mort never thought was ever gonna be possilbe, hence "blowing his socks off" and the rest is history. Still dont understand why he would have Ashley or Morts number in the first place though!

As for the Bill kenright thing, i think that was coincidence becuae Ashley was sat next to Phil Green, with whom Bill was talking to. It sounded like an off the cuff conversation to me. Hardly formal.

tag.

LAST GO!!!

:thup:

Fair enough, i understnd what you're syaing but i think i disagree with it to be honest, i just cant see Morts opinion being irrelevant, the only viable thing that springs to mind, is that Ashley has been a long admirer of Redknapp never thought it was possible to get him but then Redknapp offered his service which Mort never thought was ever gonna be possilbe, hence "blowing his socks off" and the rest is history. Still dont understand why he would have Ashley or Morts number in the first place though!

As for the Bill kenright thing, i think that was coincidence becuae Ashley was sat next to Phil Green, with whom Bill was talking to. It sounded like an off the cuff conversation to me. Hardly formal.

No problem  :thup:

1+1=...

aye, and "anyone but Fred" would appoint superior managers to Redknapp

Unless of course, Mort and Ashley have their "socks blown off" by the thought of Redknapp being manager of Newcastle.

Like it or not, if he is appointed manager of NUFC, then it is their choice.

I don't suppose it will register with you, that you may have to re-think your "opinion" of Mort and Ashley if this happens. So much for the bright new dawn, cups galore that the last board brought to an end, blah blah.

If they appoint Redknapp, they are appointing him because he's the manager they want. And it means the manager they want, is a manager who will give us half decent team on the cheap. Which is what they want, because it is probably what he will deliver.

In that event, I wait for people shouting and screaming for quality trophy players a few years down the line, when real mediocrity and frustration, the likes of which you don't really understand, kicks in.