Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

So the theory so far is Redknapp wakes up one morning and says "Fuck me! I want to manage Newcastle!"  Rings Pini who then proceeds to ring Alan Oliver for Morts number.  The Zahavster casually name drops Mourinho to grease the wheels.  It works and he's put through to Chris, who has unfortunately been suffering from a bout of tinnitus and hears "Marcello Lippi" instead of "Harry Redknapp" and proceeds to blow his socks so far off they concuss Carr at the training ground.  Sam is sacked and Mort is sitting in his office darning his socks while waiting for Pini and his client.

You've missed off "as was revealed exclusively by the Chronicle"

I have to say I am very irritated with a few people on here who have been crying for Allardyce to be sacked and who are now complaining about Redknapp!

Complainers will always complain, moaners will always moan, half empty cups will always half empty cup.

Assuming it is Redknapp, lets wait to see what he produces before we write him off please. Saying you don't want him because he is a cockney is rather ignorant.

Lord have mercy on us.

so it irritates you that people want us to bette ourselves by getting a btter manager, and then moan when we are apparently lookg at one who is no better?

bit odd that? surely they go hand in hand?

at least we have something in common with harry, neither of us have won f*** all

You've completely missed the point.

When you hope for someone to get the sack you have to understand that there are no guarantees of someone who you like coming in. It just doesn't work that way, it is totally in the hands of the club.

I would prefer a Lippi or Mourinho too but at the end of the day, whoever comes in has to be supported and given a chance right? That's why we support the club right?

I think it is dangerous to already start discounting someone who hasn't even yet been appointed. Next thing you know we'll be booing people in their first game in charge of the club!

I have to say I am very irritated with a few people on here who have been crying for Allardyce to be sacked and who are now complaining about Redknapp!

yup. Especially when it seems to be the same group who want Mourinho appointed. I think i see the problem here.  :rolleyes: 

Still think it will be Mark Hughes.

My view over the past few months is that Allerdyce needed to go and was showing not even a glimmer of changing things around. But I also maintained we should only part company with him if we could find someone better to replace him with. Zany, I know.

yup. Especially when it seems to be the same group who want Mourinho appointed. I think i see the problem here.  :rolleyes:  

Still think it will be Mark Hughes.

Pack it in. You think it's good practise to sack one merely competent manager only to bring in another one? That's why we'd be pissed off. If the sacking and all the upheaval that goes with it is simply to put in place another fucking nobody, then what's the point?

There is no point, but then i didnt want Sam Sacked. Surely the ones who did want him sacked have thought this through, on what basis are we going to be able to attract a big name now?

There is no point, but then i didnt want Sam Sacked. Surely the ones who did want him sacked have thought this through, on what basis are we going to be able to attract a big name now?

wages and a bigger transfer kitty

haven't we always had that?

haven't we always had that?

Maybe we have, but even Robson said he was practically insulted with the wages Shepherd first offered him.

Pack it in. You think it's good practise to sack one merely competent manager only to bring in another one? That's why we'd be pissed off. If the sacking and all the upheaval that goes with it is simply to put in place another f****** nobody, then what's the point?

Exactly, no point going for another middle tier manager.

I wanted him sacked if we had already lined up a decent replacement because I didn't think he'd earned a 5 year stab at turning us around after his Souness impression.  But if the decision was "Should we just sack him and then go and see if we can get Moyes or Hughes or someone?" then we should have stuck with him until we could get someone worth kicking him out for.

So let me get this right,

(a) Redknapp and Hughes are 2 "top managers which would blow Morts socks off"

(b) the agent of these "top managers" needed to ring the local hack to get Mort's number to let him know that they are interested in the job??

Is that basically the drift of it?

What a frustrating load of bollocks.

or as NE5 would say  mackems.gif

Guest michaelfoster

Sounds like Freddy is snubbing Oliver

I spoke to Shearer last night and he was his usual affable self, but he did not give the impression that he was about to take over as manager of his beloved United .

Shepherd, of course, was the man who brought Allardyce to St James’s Park, but when I contacted him today he refused to make any comment on the sacking.

what fucking size socks does Chris Mort wear if they were blown off by the name of Mark fucking Hughes???  If they were to come off at hearing the name of Mark fucking Hughes then I can only predict that this is because he was wearing socks for size 14 feet when he only has size 9 feet, therefore it would be natural for them to fall off as they don't fit.

Oliver can fuck off for writing such shit.

Mort can fuck off if he thinks he's appointing Mark fucking Hughes.

And Mark Hughes can fuck off if he thinks he's coming here.

McClaren was actually at the Emirates Stadium last night watching the Arsenal- Spurs Carling Cup tie and was spotted talking to Mike Ashley’s best pal and former White Hart Lane vice- chairman Paul Kemsley.

But I am told nothing should be read into this, and that while the former England boss has always loved the Newcastle United set-up he will not be given the chance to take control.

=D

I wonder how soon it will happen. Will be pretty soon I think as they know he'll need time to assess our motley crew before buying players in the transfer window.

45 hours 23 minutes and 16 seconds according to my source!