Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

We don't know Mort had his socks blown off at all.  We know that Alan Oliver "was told it nearly blew the chairman's socks off".  So this is more second hand information from unattributed sources. 

it must have been Fred Bloggs, the teaboy.

He'll be signing on the dole on monday morning then.

Oliver not backing his own story then?

Not necessarily.

Whether Redknapp or Hughes are considered of the 'blown socks off' standard depends on how highly they are rated by the board, whom at the moment have a very questionable level of football knowledge.

nah sorry i'm not having that, if it turns out to be one of them he was lying

Really, if Redknapp or Hughes are appointed, it means that the board thinks he was the best possible man for the job, and therefore given what must therefore be assumed to be limited football knowledge, Mort's socks blew off when he received the call touting whoever.

Another absolutely correct observation, ignored by those who form a different "opinion" based on nothing other than seeing what they want to see.

Well you are ignoring things as well, such as Oliver describing the agents client as being a "top manager", and also one who didnt have morts number. It may of been viable that Oliver may belive that Hughes and Redknapp are top managers, and they may of "knocked the boards socks off" but it isnt under any circumstances viable that the representatives of Hughes or Redknap wont have Morts number

my post a few days ago, said that I think it was obviously a deliberate ploy to get this particular event reported in the press, by the biggest paper in the city, and Oliver duly obliged. It being his job, unless he had reason to hold it back.

I haven't got a clue what Oliver thinks of Redknapp or Hughes. Nor Mort, because we don't know who the name was that was mentioned, nor do we know who Ashley and Mort think "would blow their socks off". Not yet anyway. So I can't see your point, you are rambling on again. I will be interested to see your response if they start to back their manager mind, copies of any letters of protest you send to the board for showing ambition and not building up solid, slow and "planned" foundations should be posted on here for interests sake if nothing else. Just so we can all see.

What, so you didnt think it was true? As you describe it as a ploy, yet in your previous posts you say...

looks like AO has made a monkey out of a few people

Oliver would have been an absolute idiot to have printed that article, if it didnt have some basis to it.

Sorry, but i think it was blindingly obvious something was happening.

this particular one was such that he just would not have printed it if he had not been able to substantiate the information

Those who dismissed Oliver's article have been well and truly trounced.

Dear me, bracktracking-ell!

my mate told me Sam was going to be sacked

and it was his fault for appointing him in the first place

never mind, his replacement has blown Morts socks off, apparently

According to who?   bluelaugh.gif

bet you never thought your idol would repeat the past "mistakes" of Fred eh  mackems.gif

Bad timing, no replacement, no "plan", letting the press know first.

Who'd have thought it eh. Not the only big bad nasty chairman in the world after all .....

:lol:

Still obsessed ie your avatar I see ? You should have got over your little hurt feelings by now  bluelaugh.gif

According to who?  bluelaugh.gif

bet you never thought your idol would repeat the past "mistakes" of Fred eh  mackems.gif

Who'd have thought it eh. Not the only big bad nasty chairman in the world after all .....

Still obsessed ie your avatar I see ? You should have got over your little hurt feelings by now  bluelaugh.gif

http://constitutionclub.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/yawn8hm.jpg tbh

According to who?  bluelaugh.gif

I still can't believe you're 25.

According to who?   bluelaugh.gif

http://constitutionclub.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/yawn8hm.jpg tbh

didn't think I'd hear you say or admit that I've been proved right after all