Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

When Smith was signed, Sam said he wanted 4 more players because Smith was signed as a replacement for Dyer. Now that Dyer's finally gone, does Sam still want 4 more players? If Enrique counts as one, this leaves 3 more. It leaves him presumably wanting a right-back, a left-footed defender and an attacking midfielder - the playmaker that Parky's obsessed with.

2 more weeks to go!

Anyone know how much money we actually sold him for? I read a couple of articles, and saw no mention of the transfer fee. Did we get the full 8 million, or just the 6 million up front or what?

Don't know where this £8 million stuff is coming from, most reports speculate that it may be a compromise with a fee possibly rising to £7 million eventually. The BBC continue to report the fee remaining a straight £6 million.

Anyone know how much money we actually sold him for? I read a couple of articles, and saw no mention of the transfer fee. Did we get the full 8 million, or just the 6 million up front or what?

Don't know where this £8 million stuff is coming from, most reports speculate that it may be a compromise with a fee possibly rising to £7 million eventually. The BBC continue to report the fee remaining a straight £6 million.

The BBC also said that Zoggy was signing for Fulham, but they never get it wrong....

Do they James?  O0

Guest WalkervilleMag

bet he is out clubbing tonight in London.  though i'm sure his family and friends will be on his mind all night. 

Yeah right  :rolleyes:

Most definitely agree with what people are saying as well. I think we'll still be fine without this "explosive option" coming in to replace Solano (who might not even be leaving, apparently), but if we could get someone that fits the bill then we'd look all the more dangerous for it.

Faye, a RB and a Solano replacement of the sort mentioned (if he goes) and I'm dancing.

I'd be happy with that.

What if we keep the little Peruvian trumpet tooter? Still pleased enough?

Nope. We need better than him or Milner on the right.

Bloody hell. Hard to please. Martins is in the process of making that sort of position his own, if you ask me, and I'm really not sure how much we'll play 4-4-2 this season. It's a difficult one, but I personally think Geremi/Solano/Milner as right-midfield options in a 4-4-2 is as good as we've had there for years, if we ever require it.

Solano looks like going and isnt the player he was. I'd be happy with Geremi on the right until someone else came along. Its debatable whether Geremi is anywhere near Nobby Mk1. Milner and Nobby Mk2 simply arent. On that basis I think we may have more players but from 1998-2003 we had a better player.

Not sure if this has been posted:

"I think the gaffer sees me as quite a versatile player who can play through the centre whether that be off the strikers or as a central-midfielder that is obviously up to him but if I am required to step in to cover for any of the wide players that would be okay because I am comfortable on the left or the right and I happy at full-back as well."

Has he learnt or is having some sort of a dig?

http://www.whufc.com/news/?page_id=9380

When Smith was signed, Sam said he wanted 4 more players because Smith was signed as a replacement for Dyer. Now that Dyer's finally gone, does Sam still want 4 more players? If Enrique counts as one, this leaves 3 more. It leaves him presumably wanting a right-back, a left-footed defender and an attacking midfielder - the playmaker that Parky's obsessed with.

2 more weeks to go!

I remember sam saying that but then I saw: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1093546,00.html

happy to finally rid of the cretin. very apt he would fuck off after we spent millions of hours and pounds helping a player that at any other club would have likely retired.                                              We will need to replace his pace in the squad, but we wont need the rest. will be a great couple of games against west ham.

Guest Phil K

Hope West Ham see what we've seen from the malingering bastard.

I still cannot believe the idiocy of Shepherd in INCREASING his wages to 80 grand a week when he'd did little to justify £50 a week.

2 more weeks to go!

I remember sam saying that but then I saw: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1093546,00.html

Aye, but that mentions no more leaving. I'd assume that if Nobby goes too, then we're looking at getting at least 2 more in. He does say that he expects to spend more and make more signings, not necessarily that he'll only make the one...

Hope West Ham see what we've seen from the malingering bastard.

I still cannot believe the idiocy of Shepherd in INCREASING his wages to 80 grand a week when he'd did little to justify £50 a week.

Thought he was on £65k