Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Guest elbee909

There was a lot of bollocks talked about Dyer, after he said he had some illness that was hampering his comeback from injury. Rumours went from hepatitis, through HIV and eventually settled on mako poisoning.

Depression was also said.

They never officially explained his absence buy maybe this summers reasons for transfer played a part.

AAAhhhhh, Bless, he is missing mum.....

Needs to work on his shooting, aye.

I find it incredible that Dire, Bellamy and Bowyer have been reunited at West Ham Disunited.

I thought we were cursed when we had these 3 together in our changing room.

Dire's not wrong, there are a lot of players there with a lot to prove, and I'm sure that they'll continue to prove that they haven't got the drive, ambition and team ethic to transform West Ham into a successful football club.

Let's all say, Good Riddance!

West ham fans coming to our forum gonna start panicking :D

were not panicking, on his day he can be a great player. I think you need to get real, we only bought him as back up because Faubert is injured when he is back dyer will be keeping our bench warm.

Dyer's a lot better player than many on here will admit, with plenty going for him. Pace to burn, a great engine,  great at quick pass and move stuff, and an eye for goal. Most Newcastle fans rank hatred for him will stop them being objective about this. That's the good news.

Now the bad news. Dyer doesn't really have a footballers heart. Which player with real ambition would leave a club on the up under a new management regime designed to minimise injuries (bearing in mind Dyer's rotten medical record) to go to a club in turmoil with a manager on the brink of being sacked?

Dyer will be going for the London club culture, no doubt he'll enjoy a few good nights getting pissed and laid along with his good pals Bellamy and Bramble. Good player, shit attitude. Good luck!

Guest whizzer

I find it incredible that Dire, Bellamy and Bowyer have been reunited at West Ham Disunited.

Dire's not wrong, there are a lot of players there with a lot to prove, and I'm sure that they'll continue to prove that they haven't got the drive, ambition and team ethic to transform West Ham into a successful football club.

Only time will tell, I understand where your coming from, but I think that this is the last chance saloon for most of these. Put money aside for the moment, who would want to sign the likes of Dyer and Bellamy if they fu*ck up again. This is make or break for them......

Only time will tell, I understand where your coming from, but I think that this is the last chance saloon for most of these. Put money aside for the moment, who would want to sign the likes of Dyer and Bellamy if they fu*ck up again. This is make or break for them......

Or a chance to pick up big wages, see the Big City Lights and PAARTYY!!!

Dyer, Bellamy and Bowyer are all millionaires many times over. It's not make or break, they're already made. If they were all 18 years old and paid £500 per week you might have a point, but the contracts WHU have given them will see will into the wrong side of 30. They have no reason to ever need to move again and can see those contracts out if they want, no matter how bad they play.

Someone remind me, what was the game we won, when afterwards Bobby Robson, asked whether he was pleased about the result, said he was so pleased that he'd be "going down the Quayside tonight, with Craig Bellamy and Keiron Dyer."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/1840759.stm

Beating Sunderland in 2001/2002.

Thanks, Dave. I loved him when he said that.

Or a chance to pick up big wages, see the Big City Lights and PAARTYY!!!

Spot on!

Those 3 epitomise the modern day millionaire footballer where their wages, cars, bling etc come a lot higher up their list of priorities than performances, results and fans.

The great irony of this move is that finally he moves to London, where life's temptations that he could never resist before, are now right in front of him. Last season it was Reo-coker pouring bottles of champagne all over the floor....

Didn't Curbishley kick off about the "Baby Bentley Brigade"? Ironic that he signed the king of bling himself. Someones probably already mentioned this like. Not sure why people are going on about Bowyer being into bling bling, he was just a cunt.

How the feck did he pass the medical?

Because he is fit? Just maybe the whole HIV/AIDs thing was a urban myth.

I thought the long term medical condition was his wrecked liver.  One of the national papers (Times or Independent) mentioned it, so I'm guessing there is some truth.

Guest Geordiesned

Dyer makes a dignified exit

Aug 17 2007

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

KIERON Dyer insisted he will never be bitter about his time at Newcastle despite the increasingly fractious relationship with the club’s fans that soured his last few months at St James’s Park.

Dyer finally completed a £7m move to West Ham yesterday – after the initial deal had collapsed a fortnight ago when Newcastle upped their asking price – and the England international is relishing the prospect of a new challenge at Upton Park.

But the 28-year-old refused to be critical of Newcastle or the club’s supporters as he urged the Magpies’ new owner Mike Ashley to give Sam Allardyce everything he needs to bring success to the club.

After eight years on Tyneside, Dyer knew the time was right for him to leave the North-East, but he is adamant he would rather remember the good times than the bad as he attempts to re-ignite his career with the Hammers.

“Newcastle United is in the past for me now, but it is a past I will always have fond memories of,” said Dyer, who will be included in Steve McClaren’s England squad for the friendly against Germany next week. “I know things were not ideal at the end, but I’m not bitter and I’m not going to leave slagging people off, saying this and saying that about the club or the fans.

“I spent eight years of my life in Newcastle, I met some great people and I had some wonderful times up there. That will always mean more to me than the bad times and I will always have a soft spot for the club and the city. I’d been there a long time, I wanted to be nearer my family and the time was right for me to take on a new challenge, that’s why I’ve left.

“I made mistakes while I was there, but I also played some good football in a good team. When I look back at it, the obvious highlight is the team under Sir Bobby Robson when we broke up the so called Big Four. We had some of the most exciting young players in the country, as well as fantastic senior players like Alan Shearer and Gary Speed.

“We finished fourth one year and third the next, we were neck and neck for the title going into the last few weeks of the season. It’s just a shame we never won a trophy while I was there, although I’m not the only Newcastle player who has left saying that, am I?”

While Dyer was angry at the manner in which his move to West Ham was cancelled at the last minute a fortnight

ago, he is adamant he does not harbour any resentment towards Allardyce as he praised the new manager’s impact at the club. And while Dyer can expect a hostile reception from sections of the club’s supporters when he returns to St James’s Park with his new club on September 23, he hopes the fans and the board will give Allardyce the time he needs to bring success to the club.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned, Sam Allardyce is the right manager for Newcastle and I hope he gets the time and the money to build something special. He certainly has the right ideas, but he needs to be backed by everyone.

“In the short time I was there with him you could see the positive impact Sam was having, not just in terms of the first team but behind the scenes as well. I got on well with him but the time was right to move. I wasn’t happy and I wanted to be back home in Ipswich.”

And it is in Ipswich that Dyer will now live as he looks forward to being reunited with one of his closest friends in the game, Craig Bellamy, as well as former Newcastle team-mates Scott Parker and Lee Bowyer.

He said: “The thing that attracted me to West Ham was their ambition, as well as the fact I’d be nearer my family. They have signed players with a point to prove and maybe I’m one of them. I’ve also been very impressed with Alan Curbishley, you only have to look at what happened to Charlton when he left to realise what a good manager he is. West Ham feel like a club that is on the up.”

Journalists trying to muck rake? I don't see why he would have any reason to be bitter tbh. We've lined his pockets, especially during in long periods of absence through injury, and he's been given a move when we didn't have to let him go.

Dyer makes a dignified exit

Aug 17 2007

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

KIERON Dyer insisted he will never be bitter about his time at Newcastle despite the increasingly fractious relationship with the club’s fans that soured his last few months at St James’s Park.

Dyer finally completed a £7m move to West Ham yesterday – after the initial deal had collapsed a fortnight ago when Newcastle upped their asking price – and the England international is relishing the prospect of a new challenge at Upton Park.

But the 28-year-old refused to be critical of Newcastle or the club’s supporters as he urged the Magpies’ new owner Mike Ashley to give Sam Allardyce everything he needs to bring success to the club.

After eight years on Tyneside, Dyer knew the time was right for him to leave the North-East, but he is adamant he would rather remember the good times than the bad as he attempts to re-ignite his career with the Hammers.

“Newcastle United is in the past for me now, but it is a past I will always have fond memories of,” said Dyer, who will be included in Steve McClaren’s England squad for the friendly against Germany next week. “I know things were not ideal at the end, but I’m not bitter and I’m not going to leave slagging people off, saying this and saying that about the club or the fans.

“I spent eight years of my life in Newcastle, I met some great people and I had some wonderful times up there. That will always mean more to me than the bad times and I will always have a soft spot for the club and the city. I’d been there a long time, I wanted to be nearer my family and the time was right for me to take on a new challenge, that’s why I’ve left.

“I made mistakes while I was there, but I also played some good football in a good team. When I look back at it, the obvious highlight is the team under Sir Bobby Robson when we broke up the so called Big Four. We had some of the most exciting young players in the country, as well as fantastic senior players like Alan Shearer and Gary Speed.

“We finished fourth one year and third the next, we were neck and neck for the title going into the last few weeks of the season. It’s just a shame we never won a trophy while I was there, although I’m not the only Newcastle player who has left saying that, am I?”

While Dyer was angry at the manner in which his move to West Ham was cancelled at the last minute a fortnight

ago, he is adamant he does not harbour any resentment towards Allardyce as he praised the new manager’s impact at the club. And while Dyer can expect a hostile reception from sections of the club’s supporters when he returns to St James’s Park with his new club on September 23, he hopes the fans and the board will give Allardyce the time he needs to bring success to the club.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned, Sam Allardyce is the right manager for Newcastle and I hope he gets the time and the money to build something special. He certainly has the right ideas, but he needs to be backed by everyone.

“In the short time I was there with him you could see the positive impact Sam was having, not just in terms of the first team but behind the scenes as well. I got on well with him but the time was right to move. I wasn’t happy and I wanted to be back home in Ipswich.”

And it is in Ipswich that Dyer will now live as he looks forward to being reunited with one of his closest friends in the game, Craig Bellamy, as well as former Newcastle team-mates Scott Parker and Lee Bowyer.

He said: “The thing that attracted me to West Ham was their ambition, as well as the fact I’d be nearer my family. They have signed players with a point to prove and maybe I’m one of them. I’ve also been very impressed with Alan Curbishley, you only have to look at what happened to Charlton when he left to realise what a good manager he is. West Ham feel like a club that is on the up.”

Journalists trying to muck rake? I don't see why he would have any reason to be bitter tbh. We've lined his pockets, especially during in long periods of absence through injury, and he's been given a move when we didn't have to let him go.

Good article. Can't disagree with any of it tbh

Dyer for me is the epitome of unfulfilled potential.  At 28 there's no point hanging on waiting for him to come good, he'll never do it for us consistently.  In fact as age takes its toll his injury problems will probably increase and his pace will disappear.  The suspicion remains he never has and never will take care of himself either, and it's telling that Sam seemed quite happy to let him go.

Good luck to him and all that but on balance I think this is a very good deal for us.  I trust Sam to reinvest the money wisely, hopefully with more cash thrown in on top, in a tippety-top playmaker and RB.  There should be money in the kitty - so far we have spent something like half a million quid netto this transfer window :kasper:

Dyer will generally have 2 or 3 blinding games a year, but other than that games just pass him by.

We've essentially swapped Smith for Dyer, and with Smith we'll get a lot more consistent effectiveness.

Delighted, almost all the dead wood is gone now. :D