Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

If Dyer really wants to join West Ham can he & West Ham not stump up the extra £2 million quid between them.  With the property boom his gaff in Darras Hall must have went up & I would imagine he is going to sell that as I cant see him bringing Dyer Jnr up to the North East during the 6 weeks holiday when he has gaff in Dubai.

Is this the new thread that NE5 will take up residency in?

Admins - Perhaps we should mark it appropriately then.

To be fair he's right what he says.

Well maqybe he can finally explain - is Shepherd was such a good chairman - his reasoning for appointing both Souness and Roeder in succession? I asked him this before and he didn't answer that question because NE5 is a genius in hindsight. He gets everything right once it's turned out ok. Like this Dyer deal no doubt.

Well maqybe he can finally explain - is Shepherd was such a good chairman - his reasoning for appointing both Souness and Roeder in succession? I asked him this before and he didn't answer that question because NE5 is a genius in hindsight. He gets everything right once it's turned out ok. Like this Dyer deal no doubt.

His pointed out that Souness shouldn't have been given the money. Quite correct. I'm not fussed. My view is that Shepherd did a reasonable job and gets hammered for some things beyond his control. Conversely, he has dropped some clangers, Souness and Roeder were two examples. His heart ruled his head at times but you can't argue with the 'backed his managers' bit. Other clubs of similar size have done similar size - Liverpool (Evans, Souness), Arsenal (Rioch), Tottenham, Everton, City (too many to mention). I'm also certain that he wasn't the man to take us forward. What Leazes notes is the people who want 'anyone but Shepherd'. I agree with him there. Not convinced by Ashley, nor am I going to condemn him. That is my reading of what he is saying. I agree with that.

As for the baiting? Well he knows his stuff and between us we've watched enough shit to be cynical about what he calls 'SKY' fans and the club itself. Doesn't mean we can't agree on the basics though. Mostly we do.

The Newcaslte & West Ham compromise, will it be a classic football compromise: They bid £6 million, we want £8 million, agreement reached at £7 million. It would be good to see if the new board + Cushing get as close to the £8million as possible.

The Newcaslte & West Ham compromise, will it be a classic football compromise: They bid £6 million, we want £8 million, agreement reached at £7 million. It would be good to see if the new board + Cushing get as close to the £8million as possible.

Seems decent business. Hope we buy someone with pace with the cash. We're bigger and stronger in midfield now but very few alternatives in terms of pace.

NE5 has been throwing the "Anyone but Shepherd" line around for years but in all of the years i've been on the Newcastle forums I don't remember anyone sayin this, nor has he been able to provide a link to someone saying it. I get on quite well with the bloke but why he continues to try and argue against something that hasn't even been said I don't know.

On the contrary, I get everything right, or most things, in foresight. I predicted the mess that Souness would leave us in. Both financial and from the playing aspect. I predicted that we would spend millions and not adequately replace Craig Bellamy. I said that Sam Allardyce is the manager we wanted 3 years ago. I predicted that Patrick Kluivert would be a huge flop. I predicted that Luque would be shite. I predicted that Shola Ameobi would never fill Alan Shearers boots and be even an adequate centre forward for Newcastle for as long as he has a hole in his arse. This is a small sample.

Unfortunately, as you continue to think that qualifying for europe more than every club in the country, bar 4, is such a massive and huge embarrassing failure, I really can't help you there. It has nothing to do with predicting either by the way.

I also can't help you if you STILL fail to comprehend that as he wasn;t the major shareholder and never was, Shepherd was not completely responsible for appointing Souness. I take it you were happy enough to go to 2 Wembley Finals, and qualify for the Champions League, finish in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time in 50 years, and buy top international footballers though ?

Nor can I help you if you STILL fail to comprehend that in the real world, everyone makes mistakes. Even the great Steve Gibson for instance, and the Liverpool directors who rather stupidly appointed a double act of Houillier and Evans. Now who on earth appoints managers with little or no experience eh  mackems.gif

His pointed out that Souness shouldn't have been given the money. Quite correct. I'm not fussed. My view is that Shepherd did a reasonable job and gets hammered for some things beyond his control. Conversely, he has dropped some clangers, Souness and Roeder were two examples. His heart ruled his head at times but you can't argue with the 'backed his managers' bit. Other clubs of similar size have done similar size - Liverpool (Evans, Souness), Arsenal (Rioch), Tottenham, Everton, City (too many to mention). I'm also certain that he wasn't the man to take us forward. What Leazes notes is the people who want 'anyone but Shepherd'. I agree with him there. Not convinced by Ashley, nor am I going to condemn him. That is my reading of what he is saying. I agree with that.

As for the baiting? Well he knows his stuff and between us we've watched enough shit to be cynical about what he calls 'SKY' fans and the club itself. Doesn't mean we can't agree on the basics though. Mostly we do.

Agree with most of that, obviously

Don't mind what you call "baiting", but pretty much like yourself I think, I;m sure as hell not about to change my mind on most of this, I want Ashley to succeed, or should I say the club, which goes without saying, but I'm not jumping through hoops until I see some concrete evidence that he at least has the desire to succeed.

Nowt wrong with that at all.

NE5 has been throwing the "Anyone but Shepherd" line around for years but in all of the years i've been on the Newcastle forums I don't remember anyone sayin this, nor has he been able to provide a link to someone saying it. I get on quite well with the bloke but why he continues to try and argue against something that hasn't even been said I don't know.

There has been hundreds, thousands of posts and comments, from people, saying Shepherd out.

Who for exactly ?

I have asked a lot of people,  pretty much everybody wasn't fussed, and didn't know who, or care. You must have seen this.

End of.

My stock - and correct - answer was that they should consider what we have done overall under their control, look around, and hope you don't learn the hard way the grass isn't always greener. Having a club that has pretty regularly played in europe is categoric proof of this, whether you like the bloke or not has nothing to do with it.

I'm not jumping through hoops until I see some concrete evidence that he at least has the desire to succeed.

Ashley has already put around £200 million of his own money into the club, which is around £200 million more than Shepherd ever did.

Do you interpret this as a representing a desire for the club NOT to succeed?

Good luck to Dyer, its a shame that his injuries were the main reason for his NUFC career no doubt being remembered as a waste of talent/potential, but its great that weve finally moved on most of the dead wood.

Owen and Emre now need to prove their worth to us over the course of this season and put their injury problems to rest, otherwise we should cut our losses ala Dyer and look at alternatives that Allardyce will no doubt make better use of.

On the contrary, I get everything right, or most things, in foresight. I predicted the mess that Souness would leave us in. Both financial and from the playing aspect. I predicted that we would spend millions and not adequately replace Craig Bellamy. I said that Sam Allardyce is the manager we wanted 3 years ago. I predicted that Patrick Kluivert would be a huge flop. I predicted that Luque would be shite. I predicted that Shola Ameobi would never fill Alan Shearers boots and be even an adequate centre forward for Newcastle for as long as he has a hole in his arse. This is a small sample.

Unfortunately, as you continue to think that qualifying for europe more than every club in the country, bar 4, is such a massive and huge embarrassing failure, I really can't help you there. It has nothing to do with predicting either by the way.

I also can't help you if you STILL fail to comprehend that as he wasn;t the major shareholder and never was, Shepherd was not completely responsible for appointing Souness. I take it you were happy enough to go to 2 Wembley Finals, and qualify for the Champions League, finish in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time in 50 years, and buy top international footballers though ?

Nor can I help you if you STILL fail to comprehend that in the real world, everyone makes mistakes. Even the great Steve Gibson for instance, and the Liverpool directors who rather stupidly appointed a double act of Houillier and Evans. Now who on earth appoints managers with little or no experience eh  mackems.gif

I do not understand, is it praise you are hunting for?

Also, Patrick Kluivert was not a flop, scored 11 goals, some of them very important, Chelsea FA Cup, Tottenham FA Cup, in a limited number of starts. Some of this was due to Graeme Souness, playing him when he was not ready to play (niggling injuries).

But when Kluivert did play 90 minutes, which he did so only 12 times in his nufc career, he did well scoring 6 goals. Aside from those six goals, he scored another 5 in some very limited appearences. Thats a goal every second game, not a bad ratio for a striker.Another fact is that he had another 12 appearences in which he played 30 minutes or less, and if you take into account the punt and pray style of football we played that season, would have to be a super-hero to score any more than he did, on top of injuries, small ammount of playing time and Graeme Souness who played Shearer, Bellamy and Ameobi all ahead of Kluivert, not a flop by my understanding of the word, no.

Also the fact that he came to Newcastle on a free transfer, really erodes the thought of him being a flop.

Could make the same argument for Albert Luque, a manager who did not want to play him, a limited number of chances and some very bad injuries.

If you are soo good at predicting things, what do you reckon will be the score of the Newcastle/Villa game this weekend? :p

Not having a dig at you, if it comes across that way, because you make many good points, just expressing my opinions.

Good luck to Dyer, its a shame that his injuries were the main reason for his NUFC career no doubt being remembered as a waste of talent/potential, but its great that weve finally moved on most of the dead wood.

Owen and Emre now need to prove their worth to us over the course of this season and put their injury problems to rest, otherwise we should cut our losses ala Dyer and look at alternatives that Allardyce will no doubt make better use of.

Fuck Dyer, he was found out as being very average, he's no loss.

Good call on Owen and Emre (and i'd add Duff to that list as well) - this season they can do the business, or get peddled. If the new regime (managerial AND boardroom) is such that we stop making fucking pathetic excuses for players not performing, that's great news.

Not ALL the deadwood is gone yet, mind. There is still Albert "You Deserve 400 Games To Prove Yourself" Luque and Shola "Fuck Off You Are Shite" Ameobi to peddle, then we have completed the work.

Good call on Owen and Emre (and i'd add Duff to that list as well) - this season they can do the business, or get peddled. If the new regime (managerial AND boardroom) is such that we stop making fucking pathetic excuses for players not performing, that's great news.

Not ALL the deadwood is gone yet, mind. There is still Albert "You Deserve 400 Games To Prove Yourself" Luque and Shola "Fuck Off You Are Shite" Ameobi to peddle, then we have completed the work.

No one ever said Luque deserves 400 matches. Just a string of atleast four please is what he will ask for, to prove himself anyways, i think he has played well...when he has played..

And Shola is becoming a better player if you ask me, i like Ameobi, dont understand why some cant stand him, i mean.. hes no world beater, but he does his best, thats all we can ask for as supporters.

I'm not jumping through hoops until I see some concrete evidence that he at least has the desire to succeed.

Ashley has already put around £200 million of his own money into the club, which is around £200 million more than Shepherd ever did.

Do you interpret this as a representing a desire for the club NOT to succeed?

You can't really classify the £200m he spent as being money 'put into the club'. How much was the buy-out? £140m? The club hasn't seen a penny of that. Where does the other £60m come from? Our net spending is approximately £15m, and that's what he's put into the club so far, excluding other unknown expenditure like developing the training ground, hiring in new staff etc.

Add fatty boom boom Carr to that list please.

Add fatty boom boom Carr to that list please.

Not that fat now, like.

On the contrary, I get everything right, or most things, in foresight. I predicted the mess that Souness would leave us in. Both financial and from the playing aspect. I predicted that we would spend millions and not adequately replace Craig Bellamy. I said that Sam Allardyce is the manager we wanted 3 years ago. I predicted that Patrick Kluivert would be a huge flop. I predicted that Luque would be s****. I predicted that Shola Ameobi would never fill Alan Shearers boots and be even an adequate centre forward for Newcastle for as long as he has a hole in his arse. This is a small sample.

I don't blame you for avoiding the question as to what was Shepherd's reasoning for appointing Souness because when you look at it, it was a decision so monumentally stupid only a complete retard could have come up with it. Poaching a manager who had carefully steered his team towards relegation isn't just a one- off mistake as you keep trying to imply it's a sign of total incompetence. If anyone was in any doubt, then to follow it up with giving the job to Roeder should have rubber-stamped this analysis.