Caçapa signs 2 year deal. (Interview page 17)

Optimistic Nut

Possibility of Taylor playing a fair few games at rightback seems to be increasing.

Aye but the experiance of playing alongside 3 experianced centre halves is invaluable. TBF Taylor would be a great/reliable right back anyway so i would have no problem with that.

Carragher played at right back at pool until he was 23/24 and used the experiance of Hyypia and Henchoz. We could do something similar.

Do we know that he wasn't being rotated?

He was their captain during that time so it seems unlikely. I don't know much about him but he does have a reputation for being injury prone. Last season can be discounted if he did indeed miss all those games because of a fallout with Houllier. Still, it doesn't make for good reading.

I'm happy enough to see a defender coming in, moreso someone of his calibre, but worried about his injuries which will surely not get better with age.

Guest Gemmill

He was their captain during that time so it seems unlikely. I don't know much about him but he does have a reputation for being injury prone. Last season can be discounted if he did indeed miss all those games because of a fallout with Houllier. Still, it doesn't make for good reading.

I'm happy enough to see a defender coming in, moreso someone of his calibre, but worried about his injuries.

Without knowing the nature of the injuries though, it's hard to say.  It's possible he's just been unlucky rather than injury-prone, or that he's suffered a succession of serious injuries, which again doesn't necessarily mean you're injury-prone.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that knowing nothing of his role at Lyon, how many games French teams play, the rotation system at Lyon etc., I'm not gonna get too concerned that we're getting a crock.  I would assume that Sam has done his homework on it, using something other than Wikipedia (not a dig, although it does sound like one!)

I'm happy enough to see a defender coming in, moreso someone of his calibre, but worried about his injuries which will surely not get better with age.

It's ok man, with our crack medical outfit he'll be fighting fit before you know it.......

Guest Gemmill

Says Cacapa's signed for a Qatar club on nufcblog.

Is that not just some gimp sat in his bedroom eating Doritos and masturbating that updates that thing though?

I'm happy enough to see a defender coming in, moreso someone of his calibre, but worried about his injuries.

Without knowing the nature of the injuries though, it's hard to say.  It's possible he's just been unlucky rather than injury-prone, or that he's suffered a succession of serious injuries, which again doesn't necessarily mean you're injury-prone.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that knowing nothing of his role at Lyon, how many games French teams play, the rotation system at Lyon etc., I'm not gonna get too concerned that we're getting a crock.  I would assume that Sam has done his homework on it, using something other than Wikipedia (not a dig, although it does sound like one!)

Lyon had Cris and Squillacci at centre half also, so I'm pretty sure he was rotated.

Is that not just some gimp sat in his bedroom eating Doritos and masturbating that updates that thing though?

Rarely read it tbh, but from having a quick scan around some of the other articles, I'd say you're probably right.

Hey, I resent that, I've never editted Wiki nufcblog in my life!

Even if he can't play every game it will be valuable having a player of Cacapa's experience in and around the team imo, it'll aid Taylor's development and it'll help Roz as well I'd imagine, if only for the language.

this is stupid, last 2 weeks we have heard nothing about a new signing, then in 2 days we are signing 4 players. crazy stuff  :idiot2: !

thats how business should be done, not in the press where we spout our mouths off and then look ridiculous when we dont get the player we want, and also dont have to pay over inflated prices because nobody knows exactly what we have to spend. Great work Mr Mort and Mr Allardyce.

Also this to me smacks of very much the MUFC model of doing things, they never rave about a player until they have hgim, until its signed, e.g. nani, anderson, tevez, ronaldo, carrick, vidic, heinze, van der sar, larsson. They only talk after they have secured an agreement

Just goes to show how much of an industrious worker Big Sam is in the transfer market.

Guest Gemmill

It is Gemmill.

He did seem to know too much about what the lad was up to, you could have a point.

I don't even like Doritos!