Caçapa signs 2 year deal. (Interview page 17)

Optimistic Nut

Guest David Kelly

I remember seeing him play a few times for Lyon and remember commenting on how class he looked and how much I would like to see us go for someone like him.

Don't know much about how many games he's played recently or anything but as long as his legs aren't shot (and at 31 they shouldn't be) I'm over the moon with this.

Guest Verlaine

Anyone got any idea how you pronounce this guys name? The Uefa link has a funny accent under the second c, does that make it an s sound? ie casapa?

Yes.

I didn't think he had a knee injury tho. Heard an interview with some french media guy ITK on Talksport early June who knew we would sign Rozenthal (sp.), knew Henry was going to move on. He said we were looking at Cacapa then and said out of the two (Ronzenthal and him), Cacapa was the better player. In fact he said he was one of the best if not the best centre half in France over the last 5 years. He said he had fallen out with officials at Lyon so trained with the kids with the final year of his contract which was expiring in the summer. Aladyce was looking at him for Bolton last summer.