Caçapa signs 2 year deal. (Interview page 17)

Optimistic Nut

Guest DazzaNufc1892

this is stupid, last 2 weeks we have heard nothing about a new signing, then in 2 days we are signing 4 players. crazy stuff  :idiot2: !

thats how business should be done, not in the press where we spout our mouths off and then look ridiculous when we dont get the player we want, and also dont have to pay over inflated prices because nobody knows exactly what we have to spend. Great work Mr Mort and Mr Allardyce.

Also this to me smacks of very much the MUFC model of doing things, they never rave about a player until they have hgim, until its signed, e.g. nani, anderson, tevez, ronaldo, carrick, vidic, heinze, van der sar, larsson. They only talk after they have secured an agreement

Guest toonlass

Nowt on the ICnewcastle site, so just in the paper chronicle at the moment? Does Anal Oliver "understand" that a deal has been done, but claims talks of a massive transfer fee are "wide of the mark"?

Free transfer. Blatantly no cash.

So if it was 9m for Curtis Davies you'd be happier, because that would mean we were rich?

It was sarcasm man, I wouldnt pay 9p for Davies.

I know next to nothing about this player. Could a Francophile please fill me in?

Plenty of people in this country want to fill you in without the French being invited to have a go too... :lol:

Nowt on the ICnewcastle site, so just in the paper chronicle at the moment? Does Anal Oliver "understand" that a deal has been done, but claims talks of a massive transfer fee are "wide of the mark"?

Probably not updated yet. Actual quotes from Big Sam, he's been in training, was at the Juventus match on Sunday, looks a done deal.

Considering Sam has said he's hoping the medical goes well, I'd say this is a done deal :celb:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cacapa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A strong, pacy and reliable defender, Claudio Caçapa is not only one of the finest centre-backs in France, he is also a crucial figure in the Lyon dressing room.

A bubbly and likeable character, the Brazilian is an approachable person and, as one of the few experienced players in the Lyon squad, represents an obvious choice for the captaincy. On making his return to the first-team squad for the Week 31 clash against Lens in 2004/05, Caçapa, who had been out for several months with a knee injury, noted his teammates’ reaction with some pride.

“The players were all smiling when they saw my name on the list,” Caçapa recalled. “They seem to be pleased that I am back and that gives me a lot of pleasure.”

Two players will be have been more relieved than most by the return of captain Claudio. Michael Essien has been filling in at centre-back in Caçapa’s absence and though he the Ghanaian midfielder has done an outstanding job, he prefers playing in the middle of the park. Cris, Lyon’s other Brazilian centre-back, is also thrilled to have his friend back alongside him. “We have become close since I arrived,” Cris said. “As a defensive partnership it is easier with Claudio because we have no communication problems.”

Caçapa and Cris warmed up for the Champions’ League quarter-final against PSV Eindhoven in 2005 by spending the day in the country flying kites. It may not have been what Coach Paul Le Guen had in mind when he told them to prepare for the Dutch team’s aerial threat, but Caçapa knows how important it is find a blend between working and relaxing. “Cris and I had a lot of fun but, don’t worry, we are totally focused on PSV Eindhoven,” he smiled.

The former Atletico Mineiro star arrived at the Stade Gerland on loan in January 2001 and was snapped up on a permanent contract for £4m four months later. He went on to make his Brazil debut in the Confederations Cup that summer and, though he has not established himself with his country, has become a crucial figure at Lyon.