Baines signs for Everton

Guest hindu times

Guest Guinness

BBC: "Everton are also poised to pay £5m for Wigan's Leighton Baines after Newcastle admitted defeat in the transfer battle."

Seems more likely after the recent news regarding Enrique.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Watch the Enrique deal fall through now.

Where? Is there a stream?

Ban, talking about illegal activities.

mackems.gif Bye Dave

"It is believed Everton are favourites to land Baines ahead of Newcastle because the player is a Toffees fan and would love the chance to play for his boyhood heroes."

Is he?  Thought he was a red, "through and through"... 

"It is believed Everton are favourites to land Baines ahead of Newcastle because the player is a Toffees fan and would love the chance to play for his boyhood heroes."

Same thing thought isn't it? Just depends which one is winning the trophies at the time. ;)

Same thing thought isn't it? Just depends which one is winning the trophies at the time. ;)

Must live on the border between Goodison and Anfield.  Depending which side of the bed he gets up on determines his allegiance.

Both Newcastle and Everton have had bids accepted for Baines and he is holding talks with both clubs according to skysports.com

Link

Sounds like nonesense to me.  Why would we go after Baines when we've almost completed the transfers of Dragutinovic and Enrique?  We have our top class experienced left back and top class young left back sorted right there.  There's no need for Baines..

Guest michaeljbuck

"As a boy I supported... Liverpool. As a local lad I used to watch from The Kop when Robbie Fowler was making his name. I started out at Liverpool's Centre of Excellence and although it was disappointing when nothing came of it, I was lucky that both Wigan and Wolves wanted to sign me."

http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/page/TheBoys/0,,11442~587312,00.html

Crappy journalism tbh. :idiot2:

Both Newcastle and Everton have had bids accepted for Baines and he is holding talks with both clubs according to skysports.com

Link

Sounds like nonesense to me.  Why would we go after Baines when we've almost completed the transfers of Dragutinovic and Enrique?  We have our top class experienced left back and top class young left back sorted right there.  There's no need for Baines..

352?

Guest Toon83

I think Baines may move to Everton because of his family ties to merseyside and due to the fact that his wife has just given birth and is apparently not to keen to uproot and move up north.

We shall see

I think Baines may move to Everton because of his family ties to merseyside and due to the fact that his wife has just given birth and is apparently not to keen to uproot and move up north.

As well as the fact that we aren't in for him... :)

Guest Toon83

As well as the fact that we aren't in for him... :)

We arent in for him but we've had a bid accepted and he is talking to both us and Everton...........ok

It looks like we are just spreading our options with Drago and Enrique set to come in

We've had a bid accepted according to who though?  Allardyce?,  Newcastle?, Wigan?  Until I hear concrete confirmation I'll take this as press nonesense.  We don't need 4 left backs...  I mean do you think he has some kind of bizarre left back fetish or what? :D

Skysports.com understands Wigan ace Leighton Baines is in talks with Everton and Newcastle.

Wigan have given permission to Baines to talk to both clubs after they accepted undisclosed bids from their Premiership rivals for the talented full-back.

The Latics have reluctantly agreed to let Baines move as they look to get their squad in place for the start of the new season next weekend.

Baines has attracted the interest of a host of clubs with Sunderland failing to persuade him to move to the Stadium of Light after having a fee accepted for his services last month.

Everton are in the market for a new left-back with Joleon Lescott being played out of position in the role last season.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce admitted on Friday that he could make a move for Baines as he looks to reshape his defensive options at St James' Park.

Baines is set to meet both clubs to discuss a possible move and the defender is expected to make a decision on his future over the weekend.

It is believed Everton are favourites to land Baines ahead of Newcastle because the player is a Toffees fan and would love the chance to play for his boyhood heroes

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_2640553,00.html