José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest icemanblue

Colocho: My mucky English indicates that English is not my first language ;)  I'm from Norway...

Sorry, I thought you were just a simpleton.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YpKgmE2pNGw/Sdlt2C7kJaI/AAAAAAAAAJY/m2Uk6TfVd0o/s400/irony+meter.jpg

Colocho: My mucky English indicates that English is not my first language ;)  I'm from Norway...

Sorry, I thought you were just a simpleton.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YpKgmE2pNGw/Sdlt2C7kJaI/AAAAAAAAAJY/m2Uk6TfVd0o/s400/irony+meter.jpg

:lol:

f*** me, you have no confidence in your own team at all.. I honestly believe that Enrique (obviously), Colo, Tiote, HBA, Ireland and Barton could go straight into the Lpool team right now. That's SIX players.. 4/5 reinforcement and we're there..

You have officially flipped out. You've been walking a fine line for some time, but you've irrefutably revealed yourself to be off the chart.

Punk77, you've been accused of being an Ashley apologist more than once, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that you are Ashley, or more likely, one of his paid underlings...

have to say though, apart from ireland he has a bit of a point.

It's a point that is easily refuted though.

Ireland has to be discounted as you say - that was just dumb. Tiote and Coloccini are indeed better than their Liverpool equivalents (but not by a large margin). Barton >  Meireles is debateable. As much as I think Gerrard is the most overrated English player I can remember it would still be a brave man to say that HBA > Gerrard. (Jose Enrique > Konchesky is a no brainer)

So three is more accurate, imho. And then consider by how much there strikeforce and keeper is compared to ours - we're kidding ourselves if we think we're on their coat tails. I despise Liverpool, and spent the first half of the season hoping Woy would take them down, but it has to be said their squad quality is superior to ours. They've slipped out of the "Big Four" (imho it's now a Big Three followed by The Next Three, which Liverpool are a part of)

Punk77 claims to be optimistic but is in fact deluded - to think we are even close to them is just a fantasy. We'll find out this summer if we want to aim for seventh, because even spending the Carroll (and most probably) Jose Enrique money that's the most we can hope for next season...

i'd put barton in by quite a way(over meireles or kuyt) on the seasons form and not purely the past month or two. in much the same way that many are looking at lampard and wondering if he's gone, i think the same of gerrard. yes they are well ahead up front (and i'm pretty sure we wont start september with our current forward line) but look at the rest of that team, would you swap johnson for simpson on this seasons form (sounds stupid but think about it) , kyrgiakos or agger for williamson or taylor ?, all much of a muchness except williamson seems to have a bit of form. comes to frist XI's we aren't as far away as you'd think. they have a stronger squad though and it's that as much as anything that has them ahead of us in the league.

That's my sentiments exactly Madras..

Neither of you are far off in that assessment of Liverpool, it's basically just their strikeforce which now makes them 1000 times more likely to finish above us than below.

even without their strikeforce i'd say the 9 point start they've got and our lack of strikeforce would do that.

Neither of you are far off in that assessment of Liverpool, it's basically just their strikeforce which now makes them 1000 times more likely to finish above us than below.

even without their strikeforce i'd say the 9 point start they've got and our lack of strikeforce would do that.

Oh yeah, now they've got a 9 point lead then fine, but most of that lead was built up after Carroll and Suarez arrived.

Oh yeah, now they've got a 9 point lead then fine, but most of that lead was built up after Carroll and Suarez arrived.

and quite a lot without carroll playing and us having to use whatever was left. no ameobi for a large part, nor best, nor HBA from whence you'd expect most of our goals/creation of what remains of the squad.

At risk of being shot down, I wouldn't mind a "donkey" like Kuyt in our line-up.

We're still waiting on Roeder coming back and telling us whether he's worth it.