José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's alright. We'll just sign Van Aaholt in the loan window :thup:

Would take him as back up to the new left-back without a doubt. Would give Ferguson a chance to be LW back-up which is his natural position, right?

It's alright. We'll just sign Van Aaholt in the loan window :thup:

Would take him as back up to the new left-back without a doubt. Would give Ferguson a chance to be LW back-up which is his natural position, right?

He wouldn't come here to be a back up though, seeing that's what he already is at a much bigger and better club.

So with Pardew denying the rumors this could either be good or bad news. Wouldn't put it past Ashley to go behind his back even if they are bum-buddies.

If Enrique doesn't go this summer I'll eat my own foot. So should we carry on playing him even if he is going to leave? Maybe give Ferguson some play time. He's proved he's good enough.

So with Pardew denying the rumors this could either be good or bad news. Wouldn't put it past Ashley to go behind his back even if they are bum-buddies.

If Enrique doesn't go this summer I'll eat my own foot. So should we carry on playing him even if he is going to leave? Maybe give Ferguson some play time. He's proved he's good enough.

Uh oh...

I really don't think we should put all our eggs in one basket. if Enrique goes, we will need to replace him with a player of similar future.

Ferguson is one for the future, and in my opinion, not a left-back.

I really don't think we should put all our eggs in one basket. if Enrique goes, we will need to replace him with a player of similar future.

Aye, I meant as a filler till the end of the season.

EDIT: The more I think about it we should just make the most of him while he's here. I just don't like the idea of letting him play when he's just going to do a runner come summer.

Aye, I meant as a filler till the end of the season.

EDIT: The more I think about it we should just make the most of him while he's here. Just don't like the idea of letting him play when he's just going to do a runner come summer.

Completely agree. But I wouldn't say we are 100% safe yet. Will be interesting to see if Enrique plays against Liverpool.

Without trialing through the last ten pages is there any substantial source confirming he's off?

Phil Thompson said he was off to Liverpool. So no basically :lol:

Without trialing through the last ten pages is there any substantial source confirming he's off?

Phil Thompson on Norwegian TV, so not really.

Alan Pardew says there is no deal in place. Just as credible a source tbh.

TalkSport saying AC Milan are close to an £11 million deal for him now :lol:

I know it's £4 million less but if he had to go I'd take that one. Nee chance I want to see him pulling on the dippers strip next season.

They are supposed to be close to signing Taiwo on a free, can't see both going.

TalkSport saying AC Milan are close to an £11 million deal for him now :lol:

I know it's £4 million less but if he had to go I'd take that one. Nee chance I want to see him pulling on the dippers strip next season.

They are supposed to be close to signing Taiwo on a free, can't see both going.

TalkSport do just make shit up so I don't expect it to be true.

£11m from Milan > £15m from Liverpool imo. Seeing both him and Carroll turning out for the Scouse twats would be too much to stomach.

Same for me. Not just because I hate Liverpool, but because I don't really want us to help strengthen a team who will be challenging for 5th-8th places, where we want to be over the next two or three years. I'd rather see Jose go abroad.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

£11m from Milan > £15m from Liverpool imo. Seeing both him and Carroll turning out for the Scouse twats would be too much to stomach.

Definitely.

Definitely.

Fuck that. I couldn't give a toss where he goes as long as we get the most money, I'm interested in seeing us do well...I can't believe people would rather lose out on 4m just because it's harder for them to sleep at night thinking about Enrique in a pretty red Liverpool shirt :lol:

Definitely.

Fuck that. I couldn't give a toss where he goes as long as we get the most money, I'm interested in seeing us do well...I can't believe people would rather lose out on 4m just because it's harder for them to sleep at night thinking about Enrique in a pretty red Liverpool shirt :lol:

Same for me. Not just because I hate Liverpool, but because I don't really want us to help strengthen a team who will be challenging for 5th-8th places, where we want to be over the next two or three years. I'd rather see Jose go abroad.

Don't want to be strengthening a rival :pow: If that excuse can be used in FM, it's fine for this forum.

As if ourselves and Liverpool will be challenging each other next season ffs.  :lol:

They have the best strike force in the league now, and with the momentum they have + a few other signings they'll easily be top 4 challengers next season.

As if ourselves and Liverpool will be challenging each other next season ffs.  :lol:

They have the best strike force in the league now, and with the momentum they have + a few other signings they'll easily be top 4 challengers next season.

Tell me about it, they've been fucking shit 90% of the season and they're pissing 6th? They'll be miles ahead of us next season regardless of Enrique.

Their defence is still shit and I still doubt they're going to spend alot of money in the summer. Couple that and the backlash if King Kenny is de-throned and I can't see them challenging for the Top four like.