José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I will only feel anger towards the club for losing him if he leaves, non towards Jose himself.

Should be pointed out to him for us to show ambition then that means we need to keep our best players, so selling him is not an option.

Year left or not, take the risk refuse to sell and hope we can do well enough before January to convince him to sign a new deal.

Players/agents have more power than the clubs. If he wants out, he'll be off.

Buy another LB in January IF he is sold then or in the summer when he will leave if we have not done well enough to keep him. I just feel he is such a good player it is worth taking that risk, selling him goes against everything he wants the club to prove to him ambition wise.

If he's got no intention of signing another contract with us then the club's got no choice but to sell him while he still has some value. Obviously the option of waiting to see who we bought isn't even on the agenda which is a shame. As long as he does things in the right way and hands a request in and is honest about wanting to play for another club then it's fair enough. I don't want anyone playing for us who doesn't want to be here and if his head's been turned then we need to get the bugger replaced.

Best of luck Jose. (unless you sign for those cunts)

Guest Shaun

He doesn't want to be at the club and it's showed in some of his recent performances. I'd rather we just sell him off to the highest bidder and give Barton a new contract.

If he's really set on leaving this summer, could we get him to sign a new contract with a minimum fee release clause for the sole purpose of jacking up the fee?

Is that what we've already done with Tiote? :lol:

He doesn't want to be at the club and it's showed in some of his recent performances. I'd rather we just sell him off to the highest bidder and give Barton a new contract.

Fuck off. :lol:

Guest Shaun

f*** off. :lol:

It's true, I could see it in his eyes.

Unless we get crazy money (circa £15m+) early in the window, I'd make him honour his contract personally.

Also, I wouldn't sell him to a Premiership rival (again, unless crazy money enters the equation early in the window).

My bet is that the exact opposite will happen: The club will buy a couple of players when the window opens, to signal ambition to potential season ticket holders, and then sell Jose in August.

I will only feel anger towards the club for losing him if he leaves, non towards Jose himself.

Should be pointed out to him for us to show ambition then that means we need to keep our best players, so selling him is not an option.

Year left or not, take the risk refuse to sell and hope we can do well enough before January to convince him to sign a new deal.

That's all well and good but depends on what he means by showing ambition. If he wants us to be in CL in 2012/13, then we should sell him when we get a good deal, coz even if we invested heavily in the summer, we are not gonna break into the top 4. If he wants to see us progress and see some good signings to boost the first team and deepen the squad, then aye we should hold on to him coz I do believe we will be doing that this summer. Sadly I think it is the former.

Guest Chubby Jason

Sell him and big up Kadar in the press to really drive home our "Arsenal Model" of recruitment. Or was it Aston Villa? I forget.

I can't really bring myself to hate the guy. Stuck with us during relegation and has given us some absolutely amazing performances. We've known his heart hasn't really been here for quite a while now so it's no shock.

:sadnod:

He's served us admirably and stuck with us at our lowest ebb.

People shouldn't ever forget that.

No he didn't! As I said a few weeks ago, he only stayed because no one would take him. Fair enough, he was amazing and has been for about 20 months but that doesn't mean he wanted to stay, just no one would have him. If he wants to fuck off let him, ungrateful spic. Club doesn't revolve around a left back,man. Even if he is a class one. My vote goes to PVA.

If you try not completely believing everything Pardew, Llambias and 'club sources' say, Enrique looks like less of an arsehole.

We could try listening to what Enrique has to say if he actually said anything.

If you try not completely believing everything Pardew, Llambias and 'club sources' say, Enrique looks like less of an arsehole.

That's the problem. So many people believe Ashley and Llambias' PR machine, because it comes from 'the club'.

He said he'd negotiate when were mathematically safe...guess he lied.

He said he'd negotiate when were mathematically safe...guess he lied.

What's ambition to us though? Unfortunately with the current top 4 it's going to be a while before we're playing Champions League. I think we're capable of finishing around 6th at best but is Europa League football enough for him? There's a number 3 shirt at Euro 2014 with his name on it. It doesn't look like that'll happen if he stays. I can see his reasons for leaving but he should have just been upfront from the start.

:lol:

Got to love the anti-board agenda being spun here.

Barely anyone is blaming Jose, it's obvious his head has been turned by a club/s further up the pecking order that will be able to offer European football sometime in the forseeable furture, that's the game. You can only do so much to convince a player to stay, Erique's mind was obviously made up some time ago, whether he knew others were interested or he was disheartened by the Carroll sale or a mixture of the two reamins to be seen.

He's had two very, very good years here and I wish him all the best, he's been a joy to watch. Now, we need to focus on finding a top draw replacement.