José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

The team has improved since the end of last season...

you think, let's see where we finish next season. it's a squad game after all. the only striker we've brought in has a history of failing medicals and the bloke we signed on a free as an alternative to going for n'zogbia has a worse injury record. our other 'new signing' ben arfa is now out for 6 weeks as well. he's gonna be playing catch up all season

It seems to me people just want the money spent, regardless on whether or not it actually improves the team.

no. i personally would like to see the squad improved to the best of our ability. absolutely nothing you say can persuade me we've done that so far this summer, the n'zogbia/marveuax scenario is a perfect example of this

We've managed to improve it whilst not spending a lot of money, which is a huge deal because the money hasn't been spent.

no. see above.

Easy solution - overspend. Everybody would be happy because we've spent the money that we had to

at this point i'd be happy with an under-spend. at least it would show we're actually willing to use some cash to improve the squad and there might be light at the end of the tunnel, rather than this half arsed injury blighted free transfer release clause no ambition but we've got tarmac and water bore bollocks.

we sold the most promising centre forward of his generation. for this?

I do believe that the club is still trying to add to the squad, and this statement won't help. Nor will it help the morale of the players who want to stay. As such, it's a bit selfish.

If he wants to go, he can go. No need to try and attract sympathy / support like this.

Agree with this 100%

Can't see how anybody can consider Jose's outburst good for the club in any way?

It's not good for the club (unless it in some small way contributes to MA eventually leaving). Doesn't make it the wrong thing to have done though.

Of course it does, surely as fans we want what's best for the club before wanting bad things for the owners.

These comments help no-one, if he is unhappy he can express his frustration by handing in a transfer request, that says what needs to be said. Obviously it would rule out a loyalty bonus but if he isn't worried about money...

I wish Joey Barton was a bit less free in the press, and I admired Chris Hughton's ability to keep schtum (but with honour)... but it's not always a great thing to be uncommunicative. As some of the criticism of Jose (and indeed Ashley) in the past shows.

Is the silent approach of Michael Owen the role model you wish all NUFC staff to emulate?

That was a glorious straw man. :lol:

Guest TheSummerOf69

I do believe that the club is still trying to add to the squad, and this statement won't help. Nor will it help the morale of the players who want to stay. As such, it's a bit selfish.

If he wants to go, he can go. No need to try and attract sympathy / support like this.

Agree with this 100%

Can't see how anybody can consider Jose's outburst good for the club in any way?

It's not good for the club (unless it in some small way contributes to MA eventually leaving). Doesn't make it the wrong thing to have done though.

Of course it does, surely as fans we want what's best for the club before wanting bad things for the owners.

These comments help no-one, if he is unhappy he can express his frustration by handing in a transfer request, that says what needs to be said. Obviously it would rule out a loyalty bonus but if he isn't worried about money...

I wish Joey Barton was a bit less free in the press, and I admired Chris Hughton's ability to keep schtum (but with honour)... but it's not always a great thing to be uncommunicative. As some of the criticism of Jose (and indeed Ashley) in the past shows.

Is the silent approach of Michael Owen the role model you wish all NUFC staff to emulate?

That was a glorious straw man. :lol:

Let's burn him! (Owen, that is :))

Guest TheSummerOf69

I think calling Carroll "the most promising striker of his generation" might be a wee bit over the top.

Who is, at least in the UK, a better candidate?

I think calling Carroll "the most promising striker of his generation" might be a wee bit over the top.

Nice last minute qualification there, you're on a roll!

Just to repeat - Carroll is a very promising player but his injury risk are a lot higher than you guys think.  Another injury to his legs could greatly reduce his leaping ability and then that's it.

I think most people would agree that our squad has improved since relegation - including the sales of Carroll.  Just that you cannot deny that WE COULD DO MORE.  Say a bid of 20m for Hulk would please a lot of parties here - although I stand firmly against such a risky attempt. We could buy a new CB and have Williamson as our 3rd choice CB, can have a quality right winger, can have another ball-winning midfielder to partner Tiote and complement Cabaye, can have a much better RB than Simpson...

I do hope we could sign a few more players, just I won't say I am too disappointed by what happens so far. To have players with Marveaux, Cabaye and Ba's quality, we probably have to spend around 25m.

Sturridge. Not that I don't rate Carroll, I do, but think Sturridge has it all.

Hernandez, Suarez, Ballotelli, Sturridge, Walcott? Just off the top of my head?

The amount of optimism we had when we saw Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux all come through the door in quick sucession is now pretty much at an end, I believe it's because we've simply been too quiet as of late, however I think some perspective needs to be taken. It's not August yet. We all know the majority of activity occurs in August, so I still think we need to hold fire for a minute and see what sort of squad we have come September 1st. It's so hard to trust the cretins who run our club though, but I'm just holding on to the candle of light in the gloomy darkness that is our future with that lot in charge. As it's often said, you never know what's going to happen next with this club. There's still time for us to get a few more signings.

The amount of optimism we had when we saw Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux all come through the door in quick sucession is now pretty much at an end, I believe it's because we've simply been too quiet as of late, however I think some perspective needs to be taken. It's not August yet. We all know the majority of activity occurs in August, so I still think we need to hold fire for a minute and see what sort of squad we have come September 1st. It's so hard to trust the cretins who run our club though, but I'm just holding on to the candle of light in the gloomy darkness that is our future with that lot in charge. As it's often said, you never know what's going to happen next with this club. There's still time for us to get a few more signings.

I'm more worried about our squad on August 20th at the minute tbh.

Guest neesy111

Pathetic by Enrique, if I was Ba, Cabaye etc I'd be extremely p*ssed off. 

:lol: Aye, alright.

And what is your fucking point?

If you were a player, would you not be p*ssed off if another player said he was irritated that the club weren't bringing in quality players?

Spot on!

And what is your f***ing point?

That they couldn't give two fucks about what he 'tweeted'. And that it was no way an attack on those players.

If you were a player, would you not be pissed off if another player said he was irritated that the club weren't bringing in quality players?

I'm irritated that the club aren't bringing in quality players. That doesn't NECESSARILY mean that I think the players we've brought in aren't quality (I wouldn't know tbh).

The two statements aren't mutually exclusive, nor do they cancel each other out.

If you're reducing the argument to semantics, not to mention semantics that has been translated from another language and put onto a website that encourages brevity,  I think it says more about the incessant will to defend Ashley/Llambias/Pardew that exists on here than it does about Jose Enrique.