José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

End of the day we're not bringing in ENOUGH quality players with the funds available, not that the players we've brought in are useless. I make Enrique totally right.

Exactly. It's not complicated.

Pathetic by Enrique, if I was Ba, Cabaye etc I'd be extremely p*ssed off.  

:lol: Aye, alright.

And what is your f***ing point?

That they couldn't give two fucks about what he 'tweeted'. And that it was no way an attack on those players.

Christ, even if you don't see it as a direct attack which is fair enough, to not see as entirely disrespectful towards the players recently brought into the club is frankly astonishing.

What I will say though is his usual mis-use of the language give's him the benifit of doubt for me over whether any offence was even vaguely intended.

That they couldn't give two f***s about what he 'tweeted'. And that it was no way an attack on those players.

Indirectly it could be seen as an attack.. People are different. Some of the players could be offended. Others don't give a flying fuck. Still an unnecessary act.

That they couldn't give two f***s about what he 'tweeted'. And that it was no way an attack on those players.

Christ, even if you don't see it as a direct attack which is fair enough, to not see as entirely disrespectful towards the players recently brought into the club is frankly astonishing.

End of the day we're not bringing in ENOUGH quality players with the funds available, not that the players we've brought in are useless. I make Enrique totally right.

I'm irritated that the club aren't bringing in quality players. That doesn't NECESSARILY mean that I think the players we've brought in aren't quality (I wouldn't know tbh).

The two statements aren't mutually exclusive, nor do they cancel each other out.

The transfers made so far should have been made even if we hadn't sold Carroll and pocketed £35m,I'm sure that is his problem. He's given the club enough time over the summer to actually spend, and with the season fast approaching they have failed us, him and anyone wanting to take the club forward.

Still though, I dont think him mouthing off will help anyone, and I don't think it was the right thing to do, therefore for me he's right about what he is saying, but it shouldn't be him saying it. If he had any brain cells in him he'd have let his agent release a similar statement and that puts a buffer between him, the club and it's new signings.

Indirectly it could be seen as an attack.. People are different. Some of the players could be offended. Others don't give a flying f***. Still an unnecessary act.

Unless he said "All the players we've brought in so far haven't been good enough", I can't see how anyone can get offended. Unless they're players who read far too much into things.

Otherwise, when Pardew said in February about spending the Carroll money to bring in quality players, why weren't Nolan, Barton, Colo, Enrique etc. offended by those comments? Surely he's implying they're not good enough.

Jose's tweet is basically what the tabloids call a "come-and-get-me plea". It's been obvious since he turned his nose up at the contract the club was offering that he expects some "bigger" club to come along with an even bigger cheque, and by implicitly threatening to run down his contract, he's encouraging the club to sell him for whatever it can get.

But it hasn't happened. No club seems to have made any offer at all, let alone one that betters his current (apparently rather generous) deal. So now he's trying to shake things up. This is bad news for everyone, as it probably means a lose-lose scenario where we'll end up having to loan him to Celtic or something, like the last player who stupidly burnt his bridges by publicly accusing people of lying.

Guest neesy111

Jose's tweet is basically what the tabloids call a "come-and-get-me plea". It's been obvious since he turned his nose up at the contract the club was offering that he expects some "bigger" club to come along with an even bigger cheque, and by implicitly threatening to run down his contract, he's encouraging the club to sell him for whatever it can get.

But it hasn't happened. No club seems to have made any offer at all, let alone one that betters his current (apparently rather generous) deal. So now he's trying to shake things up. This is bad news for everyone, as it probably means a lose-lose scenario where we'll end up having to loan him to Celtic or something, like the last player who stupidly burnt his bridges by publicly accusing people of lying.

This is my thoughts as well.  Think he's getting itchy feet with the lack of interest in himself.

Nice of ITV Tyne Tees to show their bias before there :lol:

Showing a 'selection' of Tweets about the Enrique thing, and all four comments were slagging Jose off :lol:

What I will say though is his usual mis-use of the language give's him the benifit of doubt for me over whether any offence was even vaguely intended.

I'm irritated that the club aren't bringing in quality players. That doesn't NECESSARILY mean that I think the players we've brought in aren't quality (I wouldn't know tbh).

The two statements aren't mutually exclusive, nor do they cancel each other out.

No, see to me he has quite clearly said this board will not sanction the purchase of quality players, and that is the reason everyone wants to go. That is an unfortunate thing to say in front of any new signings and entirely unhelpful prior to any further signings.

I, like you, wish for more investment in the team, and I'd welcome Enrique simply saying that, but he hasn't, he has gone beyond that. Maybe that's through it's openess to interpretation but many of us clearly see his words as lacking respect for the club (I have sympathy for that), but far more importantly, for his team mates during a critical period of transition.

Exactly. It's not complicated.

SPOT ON!

Not saying I'm not happy with who we have signed and agree its good business, but it would have been great business to pay £9.5m for N'Zogbia in today's market.

I bet most of players who we already had were expecting top quality signings and that being done by spending the £35m as was promised. Jose waited to see if that promise was fore filled before signing his new contract and I guess by what he said he does not think that is the case.

To be honest, whether what Enrique said is right or wrong, fact of the matter is, he shouldnt be shouting about it on twitter. Its that simple.

This is correct. I seem to recall there was almost universal condemnation/unhapiness at some of Barton's first tweets.

This is the same Enrique that said he wanted to spend the rest of his career here. It appears he has changed his mind. He is now unhappy and wants to leave. He tweets a load of inflammatory comments and half the board rally behind him like he's some kind of hero. Seemingly failing to spot that his comments cannot be good for the teams morale whichever way you look at it.

The team is changing, as all teams do. If Enrique isn't happy he has to be shipped out and sharpish. It's not rocket science.

Coloccini has just been made captain and by all accounts is honoured to take on the role, he's very happy with it. The newest team members all suggest that conversations with Ben Arfa were in some way influentual on their decision to join Newcastle. Do Enrique's comments do anything to enhance this new incarnation of Newcastle United?

No, of course they don't. They're a harsh discord in whatever light you look at it.

We will all still be here supporting Newcastle long after Enrique has retired from football. Let's get out perspective in place. Enrique should just shut the fuck up, if he's unhappy - fuck off  His comments do nothing for team spirit, they do the opposite - so why are so many rushing to defend him?

Indirectly it could be seen as an attack.. People are different. Some of the players could be offended. Others don't give a flying f***. Still an unnecessary act.

Otherwise, when Pardew said in February about spending the Carroll money to bring in quality players, why weren't Nolan, Barton, Colo, Enrique etc. offended by those comments? Surely he's implying they're not good enough.

Fair point. They were  not offended because they probably know that they're good enough. Perch and Smith on the other hand should be pretty pissed off by now :lol: Seriously though, Enrique could through such comments break up the harmony, which has been great the last couple of years..Although Enrique feels that there are shit players  in the group, why tweet about it?  Some players probably know that they're inferior to the likes of HBA and Tiote, and as a result they could be offended by Enrique's tweet. He has nothing to gain from such comments, except destroying his own reputation..

“Mike Ashley hasn’t told me how much I’ve got to spend, he made it clear when Andy [Carroll] went that that money will be reinvested in the squad and I have no doubt that it will be." Hmmmm.

“The one thing I said to Mike [Ashley, the club’s owner] was, ‘Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it’, said Pardew in February. “And he has assured me of that.”

“Mike Ashley hasn’t told me how much I’ve got to spend, he made it clear when Andy [Carroll] went that that money will be reinvested in the squad and I have no doubt that it will be." Hmmmm.

“The one thing I said to Mike [Ashley, the club’s owner] was, ‘Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it’, said Pardew in February. “And he has assured me of that.”

Let's make a banner with one of those quote printed on it. :lol:

To be honest, whether what Enrique said is right or wrong, fact of the matter is, he shouldnt be shouting about it on twitter. Its that simple.

This is correct. I seem to recall there was almost universal condemnation/unhapiness at some of Barton's first tweets.

This is the same Enrique that said he wanted to spend the rest of his career here. It appears he has changed his mind. He is now unhappy and wants to leave. He tweets a load of inflammatory comments and half the board rally behind him like he's some kind of hero. Seemingly failing to spot that his comments cannot be good for the teams morale whichever way you look at it.

The team is changing, as all teams do. If Enrique isn't happy he has to be shipped out and sharpish. It's not rocket science.

Coloccini has just been made captain and by all accounts is honoured to take on the role, he's very happy with it. The newest team members all suggest that conversations with Ben Arfa were in some way influentual on their decision to join Newcastle. Do Enrique's comments do anything to enhance this new incarnation of Newcastle United?

No, of course they don't. They're a harsh discord in whatever light you look at it.

We will all still be here supporting Newcastle long after Enrique has retired from football. Let's get out perspective in place. Enrique should just shut the f*** up, if he's unhappy - f*** off  His comments do nothing for team spirit, they do the opposite - so why are so many rushing to defend him?

:thup:

yes YES YES!! :lol:

yes YES YES!! :lol:

Would be superb.. load of banners with Pard quotes

We will all still be here supporting Newcastle long after Enrique has retired from football. Let's get out perspective in place. Enrique should just shut the fuck up, if he's unhappy - fuck off  His comments do nothing for team spirit, they do the opposite - so why are so many rushing to defend him?

Why do so many rush to defend a regime that is so bad for the club that players and managers consistently try to tell us what a shit job they are doing?

Unless you're claiming that what Enrique's said is ultimately going to be worse for the club than years of Ashley mismanagement?