José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

End of the day we're not bringing in ENOUGH quality players with the funds available, not that the players we've brought in are useless. I make Enrique totally right.

End of the day Jose isn't disgusted enough with our lack of spending to hand in a transfer request. People are calling Modric all sorts (including Wullie I believe) but when he wanted away at least he had the nuts to hand one in and give up his loyalty bonus. It's about money and fuck all else.

If Enrique puts in a transfer request people will just call him a greedy cunt and gloss over the fact that one of our best players wants to leave.

Absolutely untrue. I have always been one of Enrique's biggest fans and I am gutted that he is leaving. I have no problem with him going if he can do better but to have done it this way just makes him look a mercenary looking to squeeze the most money out of the situation possible. If you are going to defend that how can you criticise Ashley for doing the same thing?

Just hope they dont make an unnecessary statement , just leave it at that.

It's quite funny that for a long time people were criticising the club for their lack of communication and now whenever anything happens we just pray to god that they shut the **** up.

End of the day we're not bringing in ENOUGH quality players with the funds available, not that the players we've brought in are useless. I make Enrique totally right.

End of the day Jose isn't disgusted enough with our lack of spending to hand in a transfer request. People are calling Modric all sorts (including Wullie I believe) but when he wanted away at least he had the nuts to hand one in and give up his loyalty bonus. It's about money and fuck all else.

If Enrique puts in a transfer request people will just call him a greedy cunt and gloss over the fact that one of our best players wants to leave.

Absolutely untrue. I have always been one of Enrique's biggest fans and I am gutted that he is leaving. I have no problem with him going if he can do better but to have done it this way just makes him look a mercenary looking to squeeze the most money out of the situation possible. If you are going to defend that how can you criticise Ashley for doing the same thing?

It's quite simple for me; I don't believe he would want to leave if we were showing ambition to match his own. That doesn't mean trying to break into the top four this season coming of course, because I don't think it would be possible without money we don't currently have access to. But even just using the money from selling our most promising young local talent and trying to get up there would suffice. Aim for the stars and miss but you might still hit the moon and all that. All players want to play at the highest level possible, it's nonsense to imply most are happy to settle for being also-rans.

There's always an excuse for why our best players want to leave. How many more good players will go before the penny drops?

End of the day Jose isn't disgusted enough with our lack of spending to hand in a transfer request. People are calling Modric all sorts (including Wullie I believe) but when he wanted away at least he had the nuts to hand one in and give up his loyalty bonus. It's about money and f*** all else.

If Enrique puts in a transfer request people will just call him a greedy c*** and gloss over the fact that one of our best players wants to leave.

It's quite simple for me; I don't believe he would want to leave if we were showing ambition to match his own. That doesn't mean trying to break into the top four this season coming of course, because I don't think it would be possible without money we don't currently have access to. But even just using the money from selling our most promising young local talent and trying to get up there would suffice. Aim for the stars and miss but you might still hit the moon and all that. All players want to play at the highest level possible, it's nonsense to imply most are happy to settle for being also-rans.

There's always an excuse for why our best players want to leave. How many more good players will go before the penny drops?

:thup:

Just hope they dont make an unnecessary statement , just leave it at that.

It's quite funny that for a long time people were criticising the club for their lack of communication and now whenever anything happens we just pray to god that they shut the **** up.

Strange choice of wording. "Tragic", "indicative" maybe, but "funny"..?

The penny will never drop imo.

I don't get this. We aren't a Champions League club and even with substantial investment we won't be one for a number of years. So players like Enrique will sometimes be offered the chance to go somewhere 'better'. Even the Europa League isn't guaranteed

I don't see how this is a massive failing on the part of the club. The spending required to "match Enrique's ambition" might have had to be on Man City levels.

The simple fact is that he is good enough to play for a top club right now.

I don't get this. We aren't a Champions League club and even with substantial investment we won't be one for a number of years. So players like Enrique will sometimes be offered the chance to go somewhere 'better'. Even the Europa League isn't guaranteed

I don't see how this is a massive failing on the part of the club. The spending required to "match Enrique's ambition" might have had to be on Man City levels.

Yep. Enrique is better than what we could achieve even if we spent the £35m.

It's all debatable. I don't think we'd have to spend that much to convince him to stay. In fact, this whole "We're not CL level and won't be for £35m!" is becoming a bit of a mythical excuse.

He wants us to show ambition in our spending and we haven't, quite simply, at any level.

Yep. Enrique is better than what we could achieve even if we spent the £35m.

Agreed on both counts.

The only problem is the basis of this entire debate is on what Enrique has said and the way people interpret it themselves.  Does he want to be in a top four team or does he want to be in a team suggesting to him that they are pushing for the top four?  We're all debating about the same subject but coming at it with a 100 different interpretations and angles.  There's a huge grey area here where the truth actually lies.

In which case why not just hand in a transfer request and quote those reasons?

It's all debatable. I don't think we'd have to spend that much to convince him to stay. In fact, this whole "We're not CL level and won't be for £35m!" is becoming a bit of a mythical excuse.

He wants us to show ambition in our spending and we haven't, quite simply, at any level.

Don't see how you can believe that. He's a young player who's stock is at an all-time high and he realises his potential. His contract is coming to an end, so I would have thought he would be looking for a big move, pay rise and international exposure.

When the inevitable Fabregas to Barcelona transfer goes through, Arsenal will have had an even less net spend as us since Ashley took over, maybe if they do offer for him to replace Clichy he should snub them for not showing the right ambition.

Don't see how you can believe that. He's a young player who's stock is at an all-time high and he realises his potential. His contract is coming to an end, so I would have thought he would be looking for a big move, pay rise and international exposure.

If we were a team spending money suggesting we were pushing for the top six and beyond, I genuinely believe he'd want to stay. I believe he likes it here and would happily stay if we were headed in the direction that we could be headed if we were matching our potential with cold hard cash.

He can't see how we're going to get over the top 10 any time soon doing what we are doing and as such, he wants to move to a club that is already there.

When the inevitable Fabregas to Barcelona transfer goes through, Arsenal will have had an even less net spend as us since Ashley took over, maybe if they do offer for him to replace Clichy he should snub them for not showing the right ambition.

It's a bit daft comparing a team who a 'there' with a one that are thousands of miles away...