José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Ffs. This is like when you're going out with a really fit lass, who you know is too good for you, and you know one day she's going to 'ask for a talk'. But until that day comes, you convince yourself that it isn't going to happen, and you will be with her forever.

Just me then  :weep:

Seen this coming for weeks and weeks but it still hurts none the less. Nolan was my favourite NUFC player int he current squad, but he's been move on. Enrique was probably my next favourite and he's been moved on. They're trying to move Barton on and to be honest all that's left out of personal favourites for me is Tiote and Coloccini. Coloccini will have been given a decent enough contract and th captains armband or dare I say it he could have so easily been away also. Surprisingly enough, i thought Tiote would be the first out the door with someone like Chelsea in for him but he's the one that's remained here.

We had no contingency plan for Carroll, and we scraped through unscathed. It seems to me that they believe they can easily do it again with the loss of key squad members this summer and I hope to God it works but eventually one of these gambles will go tits up and we'll be relegated.

I'm so glad there's so much shit in the league to give us a reasonable chance of not being in a relegation scrap. However, one thing I would say is that the promoted sides have forward momentum - we've lost all ours in one transfer window. I don't hate Jose for this, I would probably do the same if I were him. He may love the club, but they're certainly not going to match his ambition at the moment. I don't mind where I work - but if I seen the company going backwards and making decisions I deemed stupid then I'd most likely leave too.

I'm just pissed off it's Liverpool again. I'm pissed off that we have the potential to become the usual laughing stock with more mismanagement. There is obviously the potential that we also wont be, and we'll be able to laugh at everyone else, but given my lack of knowledge on our new signings, I'm not sitting to hopeful going into this season (and I'm normally Mr Optimistic.)

:-[

I'm surprised we're not at least trying to get Insua as part of the deal, left back, argentinian, would probably get on with jonas and colo

Liverpool offered him to us as part of the deal and Ashley said no.

Also Jose had told the club if they didn't let him go he would buy himself out of his contract at xmas.

Whats pissing me off is that even after the 35M we got from them were still worrying this season about our fucking "wage budget" and our fucking spending and not paying slighty more for players that are good..while our best players are leaving,  with all the "business" the club has been doing i think we as fans are entitled to at least ONE really good signing, instead of a a bunch of average ones.

I'm surprised we're not at least trying to get Insua as part of the deal, left back, argentinian, would probably get on with jonas and colo

Also Jose had told the club if they didn't let him go he would buy himself out of his contract at xmas.

Surely would have made sense.

dave it would make perfect sense,  its a no brainer considering our squad needs TWO left backs!!

dave it would make perfect sense,  its a no brainer considering our squad needs TWO left backs!!

Source?

Seriously?

Surely we have to be pretty fecking confident this Pieters lad is coming for us to do that. Would have been an ideal replacement imo.

How much of him have you seen? I saw him in a reserve game once and he looked great but he obviously isn't rated that highly at Liverpool. Has he really progressed at a higher level?

Guest michaelfoster

Did Enrique drive to the LFC training ground but leave being driven by someone else? Thats his car nicked already then :D

Scousers would nick the wheels off a jumbo jet if it flew low enough

Seriously?

Surely we have to be pretty fecking confident this Pieters lad is coming for us to do that. Would have been an ideal replacement imo.

Maybe not an ideal replacement, but a good backup/alternative to whoever else we bring in. Very dissapointing really.

Maybe Ferguson has really convinced as a potential backup this season. Bit risky though.

Did Enrique drive to the LFC training ground but leave being driven by someone else? Thats his car nicked already then :D

Scousers would nick the wheels off a jumbo jet if it flew low enough

Its a left hand drive, scousers would get confused to fuck.

Haven't commented on this yet but obviously really disappointed, no matter how inevitable it was.

As usual with a few on here there's a bit too much of the "well he wanted to leave, what could we do?" as opposed to addressing the reasons why our best players always want to leave the club, but fuck it.  I'm genuinely becoming more and more apathetic, we've built a team and ripped it apart.  What I said about the team that got relegated at the time was that I hated most of our players, there was a real lack of likeable figures at our club.  Well I'm down to a handful of players I like and rate again but fuck it, just keep supporting them and see what happens I suppose.  The feel good factor has definitely vanished and you often worry about clubs where that's the case, but I think we'll get away with it this season, just about.

It upset me to see Enrique arriving at Liverpool today but he'll never get booed off me unless he's a twat about us in the press.  Regardless of how well he was paid he was a great professional for us and you've only got one career.

Guest north shields lad

Gutted.

If its true we got offered Insua we should have gone with that. It will be ironic if Jose struggles to get a game for Liverpool as Aurellio is a very good player but is always injured. Be funny if he has an injury free season as he could keep Jose out.

As for us, all i can say is that thank fuck the 3 new teams, wigan, blackburn and villa, are just as bad or worse. This team is worse than the side that got relegated, yet should still come about 12th or 13th

Aye, well summed up for me as well Interpolic :thup:

One of the biggest things for me last season was that I enjoyed having a team that I "liked" again, as in a collection of individuals who I rated on the park and off the park as well. A vast, vast majority of our players had something appealing about them, whether it be their ability, their leadership, their aggression, etc. Hughton certainly did as well, and I must admit that Pardew pleasantly surprised me when he arrived.

I really just hope the new lads we've brought in are the same. It does feel gutting to have lost three really key players in such a short space of time, but all is not lost if they have been/will be effectively replaced. There are still a lot of good fucking players at this club.

I really just hope the new lads we've brought in are the same. It does feel gutting to have lost three really key players in such a short space of time, but all is not lost if they have been/will be effectively replaced. There are still a lot of good fucking players at this club.

I know this is going to sound naive on my behalf but I honestly only view it as 2. Phasing out/replacing Nolan was in my eyes a sign of progress rather than a loss (as risky as it is) and was something I was expecting to happen.

I like Ryan Taylor. His sadness resonates with me.

Aye, even his utter misery is quite appealing. That's the sort of shite I'm talking about man.

These new Frogs had better have some similar quirks... or just be good footballers. Either is fine.