José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

would nobody rather spend 2m more on a proven premier leagure LB?

If roeder made this signing many people would be up in arms

Why would people be up in arms about signing a player that makes the fans of the club where he used to play gutted? If the Villareal-fans would be doing the Happy-Dance about this, then you'd have a point, but the fact is that we're signing a Spanish U-21 international who plays in the position we're worst off in.

Now, why would people be up in arms if was Roeder again??

tbf to Douga this kid seems exactly like a Bernard or Sibierski signing..... :undecided:

Eh?   Or am I missing the irony here?

I was taking the piss, Spanish under 21 International whose departure has left his fans outraged is a little bit different to the signings Roeder got stick for.

Guest Knightrider

Work permits people...

He is Spanish?

Or have I missed something here?

They still need work permits don't they?

Work permits people...

He is Spanish?

No one in the EU needs work permits.

tbf to Douga this kid seems exactly like a Bernard or Sibierski signing..... :undecided:

Eh?   Or am I missing the irony here?

I was taking the piss, Spanish under 21 International whose departure has left his fans outraged is a little bit different to the signings Roeder got stick for.

At least i spotted the fact I was missing the whoosh!

Work permits people...

He is Spanish?

No one in the EU needs work permits.

except bulgarians :\

I think thats partly down to the high percentage of bummers and tranny's.

Who like, Gary Naysmith? Quedrue? Lee Young Pyo? Which left back with Premiership experience are we going to pick up for 2 million who is seriously any good? WHO? Fucking hell.

Guest zerocipher

What, so we can get some half-assed LB? For 4m, there is shite out there. Or sign this kid for the 5 years they are talking, and have the chance for once to bring the world class player up with us, instead of buying him after his prime from someone else?

Who like, Gary Naysmith? Quedrue? Lee Young Pyo? Which left back with Premiership experience are we going to pick up for 2 million who is seriously any good? WHO? Fucking hell.

I think he means 6m, but I still can think of anyone who is readily avaliable.

Enrique has joined Toon

Aug 5 2007

by Steve Brown, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE have signed one left-back, according to reports in Spain, but could be on the verge of landing another – and it’s NOT Leighton Baines.

La Liga side Villarreal claim to have agreed a £4 million, five-year deal with United for Spanish Under-21 international Jose Enrique; their club website read: “We want to thank Jose Enrique for his contributions to the club and wish him much luck in his footballing career.”

But after the Magpies’ £5 million bid for Baines appeared to fail, Sevilla’s Serbian star Ivica Dragutinovic remains hopeful of securing a £2.5 million, three-year move to Tyneside after rejecting the offer of a new contract with the UEFA Cup holders.

“I am happy in Sevilla but the English offer is very important in all aspects, not exclusively in terms of money,” said the 31-year-old.

“It really is very complicated to reject the chance to join Newcastle. I have always wanted to play in England, the league is strong and for men like me the physical aspect is not a problem.

“I know English football and Newcastle is one of the historic clubs and the objective will be to fight for a European position. The coach (Sam Allardyce) tried to sign me for Bolton during my stay in Belgium (with Standard Liege) so I am not unknown to him.”

Transfers are rarely completed on a sunday becuase announcments should be made to the stock market on monday. Add to the fact we have a game today.

People are just kicking up a fuss because they want it to go through straight away, as per usual. Just give it a day lads.