José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Waiting for Kaka and all the other Ashley-supporters to come and blame this one on the player too.

:lol:

He was always away man, we can't keep a player that wants bigger and better things.

Does that go the same for Carroll & Nolan too ?

Carroll yes, Nolan no.

Wehey, bedtime

Waiting for Kaka and all the other Ashley-supporters to come and blame this one on the player too.

He was always away man, we can't keep a player that wants bigger and better things.

Carroll yes, Nolan no.

Why not?

he could have stayed but went for what was best for him 4 years on a cracking wage.

Carroll yes, Nolan no.

Why not?

he could have stayed but went for what was best for him 4 years on a cracking wage.

Playing in the Championship is hardly 'bigger & better things' is it?

Carroll and Enrique isn't money related (well, it is partly), whereas Nolan's was

Guest magpie99

In the case of Enrique, if we get the 8 million the sun is suggesting, then it is good business as the player has been unhappy now for almost a year. Best to get rid of him. The money could be spent on M'Bengue from Toulouse who is a decent reeplacement with Kadar and Ferguson as back up.

In the case of Barton, if anyone of us went up against our bosses the way he has, we would have certainm;y been shown the door. It is best for the club he goes as soon as possible and Ashley seems prepared to take a hit in the pocket for a free transfer. He will also save 3 million pounds plus in salaries.

Dont forget the salary savings and transfer fees for Routledge and Nolan and there is a further 10 million pounds coming in or saved. The transfer fee and salary savings from Enrique could go directly to the M.Bengue transfer.

I am hoping now that he not only buys M'Bengue but also gets Barnetta and possibly Long in plus a fourth centre half. CH doesnt have to be an expensive signing.

The player power connection will be gone, Pardew will have basically his own team and we can take things from there. With these signings and our current squad fully fit, we would certainly be a top 10 team and this year will be classed as a season of change. Aim for top 10 with the view of strengthening further next year when the likes of Ameobi, Smith and Xisco contracts are due to be completed.

Carroll yes, Nolan no.

Why not?

Carroll and Enrique isn't money related (well, it is partly), whereas Nolan's was

True but for Nolan was more about better not bigger... wonder if Jose had been offered £&0k a week here he would have signed the contract?

Guess we'll never know.

Carroll yes, Nolan no.

Why not?

True but for Nolan was more about better not bigger... wonder if Jose had been offered £&0k a week here he would have signed the contract?

Guess we'll never know.

Yeah, it certainly would have been interesting to see. My inkling is that he still would have gone, but with the friendships he's built here, if the offer was the same financially he could just as easily have stayed.

Although we have known for ages he was leaving it is still going to hurt

Sadly we are at a stage where our better players will leave, we simply have to get used to that - best to try not get too attached to any players because when they inevitably leave it will just hurt that bit more  :weep:

Carroll yes, Nolan no.

Why not?

Guess we'll never know.

Yeah, it certainly would have been interesting to see. My inkling is that he still would have gone, but with the friendships he's built here, if the offer was the same financially he could just as easily have stayed.

They all go on about their career blah blah but when push comes to shove money talks.. I for one would be happy for us to pay Jose more to keep him, Nolan & Barton wanted more years on our top wage.. well no thats not best for the club, end up with two more Smiths.

Hughton's sacking, his rather less than thrilling successor, the sale of our best striker without replacement and simply not believing them saying it would be reinvested. All of those things have played a part in pissing off a number of our senior players. And that's before the club captain, top scorer and inspirational leader was sold, and just recently our player of the year being released.

Beyond me how some just can't seem to grasp why a number of our players are or have been unhappy with the way the club is being run. And not only that, they totally ignore said reasons and just concentrate on slagging off anyone who decides their career would be better served elsewhere.

Nolan was sold this summer, Barton has been released this summer, and the Carroll money has not been invested adequately this summer. All of that has occured this summer, yet Jose has looked like a player who has wanted out for the past 8 months at the very least, something that turned into a running gag on here but imo had some substance. I have very little doubt that his mind was made up long before this summer's "inactivity", which has merely turned out to be a very convenient excuse where he can turn round and say "it's not me who wants out, it's the owner/chairman who is forcing me out!!!". Said at the time that his most recent twitter outburst looked like being an attempt to force a sale without handing a transfer request in, i.e. rip into the owner knowing full well what he's like, and given what the Star has said about the price dropping (yes, I know it's the Star), nothing about that opinion has changed on this front.

Do you not think that it entirely plausible, nay probable, that the reason Enrique wanted out for such a long time was because he knew earlier than the fans/the public/the media what Ashley was and how little ambition he had for the club? So rather than this summer being the excuse, as you suggest, it is the inexorable next phase of the plan which he knew when Hughton was sacked and Carroll was sold etc

In terms of fact pattern, that fits better than what you're suggesting IMO. Really don't see how someone who gave his heart and soul sticking it out with us during our CC season can reasonably face such unjustified criticism.

Firstly, I don't think any of the players who stayed with us after relegation did so out of choice. Those who could be sold were sold, the rest were flops on big contracts who other clubs didn't want to touch with a bargepole. The likes of Enrique and Coloccini only actually started looking like decent players once we had a dozen games in the Championship. So I personally don't buy this "loyalty" or "righting a wrong" line some of them have peddled. I certainly remember Colo talking about keeping his options open after relegation, the club trying to loan him out (allegedly) and failing, and then half a year later we get "I choose to stay" quotes. Bollocks, noone wanted someone who had looked like an £80k per week clown the last time he had played Premiership football.

Regarding the possibility of Enrique knowing what Ashley is like, sure, that's a possibility. But then I'm not convinced Enrique would have wanted to stay even if we had managed to sign Gervinho and Gameiro for example. The reason I'm not convinced is down to basic player nature, i.e. Enrique imo is no different to any other player who moves from a bog standard mid table club to one capable of challenging for the CL spots and capable of offering CL wages. After 6 quality months in the Premiership where it became very clear that he was a top fullback, a number of clubs in that bracket will have been interested in him. Hence, short of a miracle where we turn into a top 6 side overnight, I think Enrique leaving was only ever going to be inevitable (just like Carrick leaving Spurs, or Barry leaving Villa, or Milner leaving Villa, etc etc), and that's why many of us on here were referring to his body language, performances, change in communication with the fans (where he went from giving weekly in-depth captain-material interviews to maintaining near radio silence), as pointing to a player who's head had already been turned and so was set to leave.

It's no different to the way Owen for example acted in the last 6 months of his contract here. I've been convinced all summer that Enrique will be leaving irrespective of what happens, as there's no way we'll ever offer him the sort of contract some of the big boys will be offering, and I think if you look past all of the BS flying out from both camps that this is the ultimate reason for him wanting out.

Liverpool win battle to sign Jose Enrique

Published 22:59 02/08/11 By David Maddock

Newcastle have conceded defeat in their attempts to keep Jose Enrique. And that will pave the way for a £5million move to Liverpool to be completed this week.

The two clubs have been in a summer long negotiation over the Spanish left back, after he refused to sign a new deal with the Magpies.

Enrique was fined two weeks' wages after criticising his north east team's lack of ambition, persuading Reds boss Kenny Dalglish to step up his bid to land the defender.

Newcastle know they could lose the player on a free transfer if he enters the final season of his current deal without signing an extension, and now they have accepted the need to cash in.

They will accept a £5million offer from Liverpool, and while the deal is not yet completed, the barriers have now been removed allowing the transfer to progress.

Liverpool will make space for the arrival of the Spaniard, by finally offloading outcast Milan Jovanovic, who has agreed a move to Anderlect, and will complete the transfer after undergoing a medical on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-Newcastle-Jose-Enrique-5million-article780294.html#ixzz1TvNEROse

Guest magpie99

This was bound to happen. I'm just glad that he's gone now and not on the last day of the window so that we can reinvest in a new LB....oh wait...never mind.

In my opinion, we have no choice but to sign replacements and increase squad size. Dont forget, our squad currently includes the likes of Xisco, Guthrie, Raylor and Perch who are not good enough for this standard. Ranger has potential but needs to go out on loan.

We cannot go into this season relying on the kids as back up because with oir injury records over the years plus Ba and Tiote being away at the ANC, we are fucked.

We have lost Carroll, Kuqi, Campbell, Nolan, Barton, Enrique and Routledge from our squad whilst gaining only Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux. I havent counted Abeid as he is only a kid. That means the squad is down by 4 players and if you include the loan of Lua Lua and possibly Kadar, we are even further weakened.

Ashley and Co. have made signioficant savings this year in the club with over 50 million in transfer fees coming in and salary savings on top of that.

Even if you take into account agents fees, signing on fees, training ground improvements etc etc etc, there still should be substantial money left to buy at least 4 quality signings before the transfer deadline ends.

If he is relying on the kids, the saying from Souness comes to mind. You dont win anything with 11 james Milners. He was proved right on that.

I do believe that the club has been in negotiations with Liverpool regarding Enrique for quite some time now, and that's why i find it very hard to believe that he will go for as little as £5-6m, probably more like 8-9m.

As daft as it may sound, but just really to put it on some sort of scale for perspective here, it's more-or-less the equivalent of us selling four of Beardo, Ferdinand, Ginola, Albert, Lee and Gillespie from the 95/96 team, or four of Shearer, Bellamy, Robert, Solano, Woodgate and Given from the 02/03 team (two of my other favourite periods)...

In six months.

95/96 is before my time following NUFC, but yes, I was just thinking that the current situation is just like 02/03 - after Barton and Enrique go there's really noone left on the team that I really admire (there are some good players, such as Tiote, Collocinni, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Cabaye), but not any that I truly admire and like to watch on the pitch. I'm hoping a few of the guys that are left become a similar type of classic player to me, but I'm doubtful...

Liverpool win battle to sign Jose Enrique

Published 22:59 02/08/11 By David Maddock

Newcastle have conceded defeat in their attempts to keep Jose Enrique. And that will pave the way for a £5million move to Liverpool to be completed this week.

The two clubs have been in a summer long negotiation over the Spanish left back, after he refused to sign a new deal with the Magpies.

Enrique was fined two weeks' wages after criticising his north east team's lack of ambition, persuading Reds boss Kenny Dalglish to step up his bid to land the defender.

Newcastle know they could lose the player on a free transfer if he enters the final season of his current deal without signing an extension, and now they have accepted the need to cash in.

They will accept a £5million offer from Liverpool, and while the deal is not yet completed, the barriers have now been removed allowing the transfer to progress.

Liverpool will make space for the arrival of the Spaniard, by finally offloading outcast Milan Jovanovic, who has agreed a move to Anderlect, and will complete the transfer after undergoing a medical on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-Newcastle-Jose-Enrique-5million-article780294.html#ixzz1TvNEROse

Summer long negotiation and we get 5m, fuck off  :lol:

That £5million surely isn't a correct fee. It just cannot be. I'll be stunned, and I'll go from neutral to anti-Ashley if we sell Jose for that kind of peanut money. Fucking hell.

That £5million surely isn't a correct fee. It just cannot be. I'll be stunned, and I'll go from neutral to anti-Ashley if we sell Jose for that kind of peanut money. Fucking hell.

dunno like, didn't they get 6-8m for dyer? still buys them a few more years for me :lol: