José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Another two of our best players gone. This season will be a big, big struggle.

If all our purchases flop, that may be the scenario. But I doubt that will be the case. I think we've been working on finding Barton and Enrique's replacements for some time now, so I guess we'll see some new, young and exiting faces soon..

We've already seen lots of exiting faces, Carroll, Nolan, Routledge, Enrique, Barton...

:iamatwat:

Liverpool fans must be close to topping themselves like, all these signings, all these wages, fees, debt. Bet they wish they could have a sensible owner like us instead of their Fat Fred alike.

I love message boards.

We better fucking pray Pardew wasnt bullshitting us when he said they had a plan is place is Jose left, then if that prayer is answered, we better pray again that the plan isnt Wayne Bridge. For £8mil i fucking hope not.

We better f***ing pray Pardew wasnt bullshitting us when he said they had a plan is place is Jose left, then if that prayer is answered, we better pray again that the plan isnt Wayne Bridge. For £8mil i f***ing hope not.

You can not believe a word that comes out of his mouth!

We better f***ing pray Pardew wasnt bullshitting us when he said they had a plan is place is Jose left, then if that prayer is answered, we better pray again that the plan isnt Wayne Bridge. For £8mil i f***ing hope not.

You can not believe a word that comes out of this club!

So, lets say the fee is the 8 mil that was reported by talkshyte.

Thats 43 million clawed in by the club....

Our outlay on players transfer fees 4.5 mil  :mackems:

They have two weeks to ...oh fuck it i give up with them.

So, lets say the fee is the 8 mil that was reported by talkshyte.

Thats 43 million clawed in by the club....

Our outlay on players transfer fees 4.5 mil  :mackems:

They have two weeks to ...oh f*** it i give up with them.

47 Million, you forgot about the Nolan money, add to that the Routledge money and you're closer to 50.

Definite exit strategy stuff. Ashley doesn't strike me as a principled man with a genuine vision for the club. All this young, hungry players stuff looks more and more like a smokescreen by the day.

We're buying young players so we can sell them at a profit in 2/3 years time.

Perfect business strategy.

Saw this posted on another forum, why it all makes sense now

It's quite amazing to say the least. After many years out of management, he convinced Rafa, through inception, to hire him back at the club and then set in motion a series of events which culminated with the sacking of Rafa and the hiring of Roy. From then on it was only a matter of biding his time before he was offered the manager's position. When that came to pass, he could finally achieve his real goal. To dismantle Newcastle's Championship winning squad with perfectly fair, sometimes excessive, transfer offers which would have seen Newcastle benefit if their owner wasn't a fat twat who'd lost his cheque book in the folds of his arse. But Kenny, being a shrewd, evil genius, knew that the money wouldn't go back into the club and he made the £35 million offer for Carroll to taunt the Geordies as he ruined their club.

Reading a few of the more sensible posts here, I quite agree that Enrique isn't the one to blame here. The only irksome thing is going to those Scouse cunts - those oh so loyal fans that left in their droves when Woy was fucking things up for them. They truly are the equivalent of 'Spawney Get' from Viz. But who can blame him for leaving a club, as Dave rightly said, that in the past month has sold/pushing out, some of its most important players?

For quite some time I've firmly been of the opinion that whilst generally clueless, Ashley has had the right intentions - no club has an endless pit of money and its only right that he should make it self-sustaining. But this week has finally proved that I've been wrong. I honestly don't know what the guy is up to.

Initially I was devastated by the Carroll transfer, but later came around to think that the money would come in useful this summer, even if some of it was used to cover costs of free transfers and updating the training ground. But quite simply, the fact we've not signed anyone in key positions (a forward, LB, and a CB) has frankly shown a lack of foresight. These clowns don't think in the future. They deal with things on a day to day basis. If a good sum comes in for a player, they'll look at it seriously and take it. They'll not even think about replacements.

What I find most sad is the extent to which we've fallen so far behind twats like Liverpool over the past 6-8 months. Whilst they were VERY lucky to engineer the exit of their owners, we nevertheless had an opportunity to challenge with the squad we had on 1st Jan, with minimal investment, for a place in Europe.

Alas, what Ashley's continued presence does is keep a firm divide in this club that will continue to grow and fester. The only thing stopping that divide from causing a swathe of negativity from engulfing the club was the 'team spirit'. Now, that's gone. Irrespective of whether or not we replace Barton and Enrique, that team spirit is now far more fragile and I firmly believe that we'll be weaker as a result. The players we will have brought in won't have that desire to stick two fingers up at the owners and the press, to prove doubters wrong.

I personally wouldn't have thought it would have done much to appease us fans this summer. Even if we'd have held on to Nolan, Barton and Enrique and perhaps brought in another forward as well as the freebies, I dare say a majority would have been happy. What Ashley is thinking by dismantling the core of the team I truly don't know. He might save ££s, but how that might make Newcastle United a more saleable asset when we're in the shit I don't know. Ashley has no ambition, he doesn't even appear to want us, so kindly fuck right off you fat twat and stop palming off a loyal fanbase with bullshit excuses.

Was quite looking forward to the new season last week. Oh well.

Another two of our best players gone. This season will be a big, big struggle.

If all our purchases flop, that may be the scenario. But I doubt that will be the case. I think we've been working on finding Barton and Enrique's replacements for some time now, so I guess we'll see some new, young and exiting faces soon..

:memelol:

Im trying to convince myself that we're gonna be able to get in a left back, right winger and striker in the next 4 weeks and I just can't. I would have certainly pulled the plug on any deal for Routledge with Barton now frozen out and no other options other than Ryan fucking Taylor. Unless we get lucky with loans then we're gonna have to spend decent money on these players as well (although we should be anyway). Thats why I worry, Ashley wont spend money yet surely theres no more decent free's about now anyway. Whats that now, £50m incoming from transfer fee's since January if Jose goes for £8m, and a fortune saved in ages when Barton goes. Jesus.

Definite exit strategy stuff. Ashley doesn't strike me as a principled man with a genuine vision for the club. All this young, hungry players stuff looks more and more like a smokescreen by the day.

We're buying young players so we can sell them at a profit in 2/3 years time.

Perfect business strategy.

Maybe. I don't think he's planning to stay for the long term though. I'm glad the days of everest high wages are going; in the long term I see football in general heading that way. With foresight, I can't see how its going to end in anything but tears with the likes of Man City and Chelsea once the oligarchs finally get bored and see no further profit in it. It may be gradual but in many senses you could argue we're taking the right stance.

Regular business ethics don't apply with competetive sport though, as their are too many variables to apply spending just enough to accumulate and having to rely on merely having employees on roll that can fill a playing position. It's only ever going to get you so far. I'm no doom-mongerer as I'm quite happy with many of the signings in midfield; they seem really astute buys but the dismantling of a strong defensive unit has been the catalyst for the decline of many an effective team. I think we have a first team that is adequate without the players that have left, assuming they maintain fitness but I won't rule out the possibilty of a struggle or even relegation.

Maybe we are a club struggling from the 'sins of the father' and the Fallout of the Shepherd years and Ashley in a clumsy, botched way is seeing the way things are headed. The noises made not too long ago suggest that the man wants out, as I suspect that though he sees clubs are potential cash-cows; it is difficult to do stay in the top tier and especially do well in the way he may have originally desired, coupled with the extra difficulty of slaking the ambitions of an avid fan base.