José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Roger Kint

It just means he'll sell more players to fund what he has to, and not buy anybody. The club loses if people 'boycott' or do anything stupid like that, not Mike Ashley.

You do realise that one of the pillars of his business plan is that no matter what s*** he serves up, the fans keep on turning up season after season?

Why do you think they did the 10-year season ticket? Altruism?

Fine, boycott.

Guaranteed it doesn't do anything.

None of it will, petitions, marches, nasty chants, media coverage etc will not change his mind whatsoever. To say otherwise is foolish. Not that it matters as the overwhelming majority will be buying his pints and pies again in two weeks while convincing themselves singing 'Get out of our club' a few times will work wonders. This isnt a dig at the likes of U4N who to their credit will try(and fail sadly) to do something but Mike Ashley doesnt give two squirts of piss what we say or do while he gets our money in.

He hasnt had a penny from me since the KK fiasco and despite my personal circumstances being sorted out to afford to renew in the past few weeks i wont be doing so. Its hard enough watching what is going on to NUFC without helping to fund it. #fairweatherfan

I don't want Long here, I doubt he's cut out for the Premiership and if he it will be for a lower end club or as a squad player. He's no better than say Shola.

He's far better than Shola, Ranger and probably Best as well IMO. It's a risk, but in a couple of years we could be looking at a top player.

I don't want Long here, I doubt he's cut out for the Premiership and if he it will be for a lower end club or as a squad player. He's no better than say Shola.

If he was that bad I don't think they'd be turning down £6m for him.

It just means he'll sell more players to fund what he has to, and not buy anybody. The club loses if people 'boycott' or do anything stupid like that, not Mike Ashley.

You do realise that one of the pillars of his business plan is that no matter what s*** he serves up, the fans keep on turning up season after season?

Fine, boycott.

None of it will, petitions, marches, nasty chants, media coverage etc will not change his mind whatsoever. To say otherwise is foolish. Not that it matters as the overwhelming majority will be buying his pints and pies again in two weeks while convincing themselves singing 'Get out of our club' a few times will work wonders. This isnt a dig at the likes of U4N who to their credit will try(and fail sadly) to do something but Mike Ashley doesnt give two squirts of piss what we say or do while he gets our money in.

He hasnt had a penny from me since the KK fiasco and despite my personal circumstances being sorted out to afford to renew in the past few weeks i wont be doing so. Its hard enough watching what is going on to NUFC without helping to fund it. #fairweatherfan

Sad that you feel you can't go to games Roger. As much as the situation off the pitch is pretty shite, it's a shame when it spoils the enjoyment of a Saturday as well. Or Tuesday, Sunday or whenever the fuck football is played these days.

M'Bengue, Barnetta and Long would be dreamland at the moment.

Those are all eminently do-able deals, neither are they big money transfers so I don't really see why they won't be done. There might be the argument that the likes of Long are a risk but if you want to pay low wages that's the market you are in.

I can see three reasons why they won't be done, Ashley, Lambias and Pardew. We're more likely to sell Tiote than get those three.

Guest Roger Kint

Fine, boycott.

None of it will, petitions, marches, nasty chants, media coverage etc will not change his mind whatsoever. To say otherwise is foolish. Not that it matters as the overwhelming majority will be buying his pints and pies again in two weeks while convincing themselves singing 'Get out of our club' a few times will work wonders. This isnt a dig at the likes of U4N who to their credit will try(and fail sadly) to do something but Mike Ashley doesnt give two squirts of p*ss what we say or do while he gets our money in.

Sad that you feel you can't go to games Roger. As much as the situation off the pitch is pretty s****, it's a shame when it spoils the enjoyment of a Saturday as well. Or Tuesday, Sunday or whenever the f*** football is played these days.

Nothing to do with the enjoyment tbh mate, there was allbeit fleeting moments in the relegation season, the Gullit season, Dalgleish season etc where i wouldnt have swapped my ticket for the world despite the dross served up. The issue is that which is rife on here these days, nothing about the ownership can be trusted(even issues i kind of agree with find a way to be fucked up) to justify helping fund it.

He's far better than Shola, Ranger and probably Best as well IMO. It's a risk, but in a couple of years we could be looking at a top player.

Should of bought Goodwillie, same amount of potential and much cheaper.

The amount Reading have turned down has very little bearing on his quality, just look at how much Birmingham rejected for Jerome. They'll only accept based on what they believe others will pay or if they think keeping him will get them promotion which is worth loads more than £7m.

I know this is gutting and especially bad following on from the Barton fiasco, but didn't we know Enrique was leaving?

Yes, but I think I've been in denial about the whole thing. Was half hoping he'd stick around until at least January, by which time we might have been doing SO well that he would have considered staying on. Wishful thinking eh?

What it's brought home is the fact that this could have been so avoidable had some sort of ambition been shown in the past few months. Whilst Enrique may have decided to piss off anyway, there would at least have been an attempt to keep him.

Fair point, I still believe the main reason is that he has just become good enough to attract the attention of other clubs while simultaneously coming to the end of his contract.

The most shocking thing is the destination really, I would have said "fair enough" if he'd gone to Barca or even Arsenal, but Liverpool takes the piss.

Don't worry, I dare say the increased media attention he'll be getting by playing for those twats will mean he'll get noticed by those bigger clubs.

I fucking detest Liverpool and that smug cunt Dogleish, but you've got to hand it to them, they're clearly ambitious. Boils my piss that we were at their level not 6 months ago. Couldn't think of a bunch of fans least deserving of success at the mo tbh.

I'd say watch this space with Liverpool.

Henry has already said in the media he expects top 4 this season, I personally don't see a top 4 squad there. They've wasted Champions League fees (and probably wages) on top 6 at best players.

Just after the takeover it was also publically announced that Liverpool would be self funding - if KD can't get top 4 expect to see some turmoil and changes over there, and thats before any funding is needed for a new stadium.

So yes they are likely to finish above us, but it's by no means a return to their glory days

I know this is gutting and especially bad following on from the Barton fiasco, but didn't we know Enrique was leaving?

Yes, but I think I've been in denial about the whole thing. Was half hoping he'd stick around until at least January, by which time we might have been doing SO well that he would have considered staying on. Wishful thinking eh?

What it's brought home is the fact that this could have been so avoidable had some sort of ambition been shown in the past few months. Whilst Enrique may have decided to p*ss off anyway, there would at least have been an attempt to keep him.

Fair point, I still believe the main reason is that he has just become good enough to attract the attention of other clubs while simultaneously coming to the end of his contract.

The most shocking thing is the destination really, I would have said "fair enough" if he'd gone to Barca or even Arsenal, but Liverpool takes the p*ss.

Don't worry, I dare say the increased media attention he'll be getting by playing for those twats will mean he'll get noticed by those bigger clubs.

I f***ing detest Liverpool and that smug c*** Dogleish, but you've got to hand it to them, they're clearly ambitious. Boils my p*ss that we were at their level not 6 months ago. Couldn't think of a bunch of fans least deserving of success at the mo tbh.

Henry has already said in the media he expects top 4 this season, I personally don't see a top 4 squad there. They've wasted Champions League fees (and probably wages) on top 6 at best players.

Just after the takeover it was also publically announced that Liverpool would be self funding - if KD can't get top 4 expect to see some turmoil and changes over there, and thats before any funding is needed for a new stadium.

So yes they are likely to finish above us, but it's by no means a return to their glory days

No doubt but at least they are building a team.

Unlike us, who are currently dismantling with two weeks left.

What it's brought home is the fact that this could have been so avoidable had some sort of ambition been shown in the past few months. Whilst Enrique may have decided to p*ss off anyway, there would at least have been an attempt to keep him.

The most shocking thing is the destination really, I would have said "fair enough" if he'd gone to Barca or even Arsenal, but Liverpool takes the p*ss.

I f***ing detest Liverpool and that smug c*** Dogleish, but you've got to hand it to them, they're clearly ambitious. Boils my p*ss that we were at their level not 6 months ago. Couldn't think of a bunch of fans least deserving of success at the mo tbh.

Their central midfield is still pretty weak in terms of depth. Meireles and Gerrard is a decent pairing but beyond those two it's slim pickings really - Henderson is nowhere near top 4 standard and it reamins to be seen what Charlie Adam can do in a better team.

Downing is their best signing so far because he'll supply a lot of pinpoint balls for Carroll but I still think Dalglish has got a lot to do

In the case of Enrique, if we get the 8 million the sun is suggesting, then it is good business as the player has been unhappy now for almost a year. Best to get rid of him. The money could be spent on M'Bengue from Toulouse who is a decent reeplacement with Kadar and Ferguson as back up.

In the case of Barton, if anyone of us went up against our bosses the way he has, we would have certainm;y been shown the door. It is best for the club he goes as soon as possible and Ashley seems prepared to take a hit in the pocket for a free transfer. He will also save 3 million pounds plus in salaries.

Dont forget the salary savings and transfer fees for Routledge and Nolan and there is a further 10 million pounds coming in or saved. The transfer fee and salary savings from Enrique could go directly to the M.Bengue transfer.

I am hoping now that he not only buys M'Bengue but also gets Barnetta and possibly Long in plus a fourth centre half. CH doesnt have to be an expensive signing.

The player power connection will be gone, Pardew will have basically his own team and we can take things from there. With these signings and our current squad fully fit, we would certainly be a top 10 team and this year will be classed as a season of change. Aim for top 10 with the view of strengthening further next year when the likes of Ameobi, Smith and Xisco contracts are due to be completed.

This is how I saw things panning out if the intention had been to use the Carroll money to rebuild the squad. I agree about Pardew rebuilding his own squad without the player power brigade, hence why I won't shed tears over Barton and Nolan going...although Enrique's leaving is a massive blow.

The problem is I'm yet to be convinced the board are going to follow through on the rebuilding part of that equation. It looks to me we might well sacrifice quality for players who will play for less.

dear me

Tron: So if HBA and Tiote are on 50 a week, they're inferior to Carroll or Henderson?  Just because Liverpool and Aston Villa are stupid enough to pay too much for shit players, doesn't mean we should. With the current economical climate, I think their economical priorities are reckless..

Tron: So if HBA and Tiote are on 50 a week, they're inferior to Carroll or Henderson?  Just because Liverpool and Aston Villa are stupid enough to pay too much for s*** players, doesn't mean we should. With the current economical climate, I think their economical priorities are reckless..

The management of our football team is reckless. You know, the sporting side of it all...

I think their economical priorities are reckless..

Sure they're devestated at that like.  Why don't we just get relegated a few divisions, move the club to Hillheads and hire some part-timers, then we won't need to take any risks spending large amount on players to compete in the league.

We could run the club just off sponsorship and £10 ticket sales, it would be so amazing.

Tron: So if HBA and Tiote are on 50 a week, they're inferior to Carroll or Henderson?  Just because Liverpool and Aston Villa are stupid enough to pay too much for shit players, doesn't mean we should. With the current economical climate, I think their economical priorities are reckless..

Not arguing that we need to spend more wages at all. Just that at THIS point it seems like we are stumped for a striker and a left back with our preferred choices falling through. Unless the club have some well hidden contingency plans there is a real fear we will buy/loan sub-standard players due to our lack of willingness to pay for quality.