José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Liverpool are on the way up, whilst we're looking on the way down.

The way the club have treated its players recently, I don't begrudge Enrique one iota if he decides to go.

Think of that 3-1 last season man, its scary to think how far both clubs have come since then.

What?  You mean Enrique won't be here next season??  I'm as shocked as the rest of you, I just never saw this coming!  Ashley once again selling a player who loves the club and just wants to play in the black and white :angry:

:thup:

Say what you like, but he was exactly that 12 or so months ago.

Liverpool are on the way up, whilst we're looking on the way down.

The way the club have treated its players recently, I don't begrudge Enrique one iota if he decides to go.

Think of that 3-1 last season man, its scary to think how far both clubs have come since then.

Yep. :(

What?  You mean Enrique won't be here next season??  I'm as shocked as the rest of you, I just never saw this coming!  Ashley once again selling a player who loves the club and just wants to play in the black and white :angry:

At least we didn't try and keep him.

I'm pretty shocked that many people genuinly seem to consider us on a similar pedestal to Liverpool like. I'd rather Enrique went somewhere else, but I can fully understand why he would go there.

We're not now at this very second, but this year and everything that's happening is very similar to our positions in summer of 2004. We had a chance, but went 2 steps down whilst they went 2 steps up.

Within 6 months we've eliminated about 20-25 goals from our squad.

At least we didn't try and keep him.

What we should have done is become Liverpool overnight.  He'd have no reason to leave, ASHLEY!!!

The Star, FWIW:

Discussions between Liverpool and Newcastle have made significant progress over a fee for the left-back.

The Magpies wanted £10m for Enrique but have lowered their asking price and are close to agreeing a £6m deal with add-ons.

Can't see how Ashley is asset stripping because he doesn't want to give a couple of scousers lucrative contracts into their 30s and Enrique engineering his own move.

Are you actually taking the piss?

Jose doesn't want to play for us. If you want to judge the wisdom of offloading Nolan and Barton, wait till Joey moves on and see the level they're both at.

I do agree with this basically despite the fact it feels bad to lose a player like Jose. But if we don't get good calibre replacements in then it looks very much like asset stripping. There's still time to get those good calibre replacements of course. Will we? There's no excuses now really.

The Star, FWIW:

Discussions between Liverpool and Newcastle have made significant progress over a fee for the left-back.

The Magpies wanted £10m for Enrique but have lowered their asking price and are close to agreeing a £6m deal with add-ons.

If true :facepalm:

The Star, FWIW:

Christ :lol:

Can't see how Ashley is asset stripping because he doesn't want to give a couple of scousers lucrative contracts into their 30s and Enrique engineering his own move.

Jose doesn't want to play for us. If you want to judge the wisdom of offloading Nolan and Barton, wait till Joey moves on and see the level they're both at.

I do agree with this basically despite the fact it feels bad to lose a player like Jose. But if we don't get good calibre replacements in then it looks very much like asset stripping. There's still time to get those good calibre replacements of course. Will we? There's no excuses now really.

There have been no excuses all summer, but plenty have been put forward on here.

I'm all for the Ashley hate and him selling Jose (The nasty cockney).

But does anyone not feel p*ssed off at Jose 'I want to play Champions League football' signing for Liverpool?

He never said that. I'd be interested to hear of players who don't want to play Champions League football though.

Read two posts up from your last one.

Are you suggesting those clubs have all come in for him?

As far as media reports go, only Liverpool have tabled a bid for him.

I'm pretty shocked that many people genuinly seem to consider us on a similar pedestal to Liverpool like. I'd rather Enrique went somewhere else, but I can fully understand why he would go there.

We're not now at this very second, but this year and everything that's happening is very similar to our positions in summer of 2004. We had a chance, but went 2 steps down whilst they went 2 steps up.

How many have we added then?

Has anyone in this forum been treated for manic depression?  Sorry, I mean how many of you have been treated for manic depression?

There have been no excuses all summer, but plenty have been put forward on here.

Waiting to see what sort of team we end up with by the close of the window isn't an excuse.

Guest north shields lad

Tont Barret saying fee agreed for 6 million. They might be getting Gary cahill for cash and ngog if you belive all from there fan site.

You have to ask yourself why Jose doesn't want to play for us though. Especially since he's off to Europa-less Liverpool.

This Jose wanted to play for us (500 days ago on Thursday for those interested :razz: ) :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/29/article-1262138-08ECAB86000005DC-687_468x286.jpg

Hmmm.

You have to ask yourself why Jose doesn't want to play for us though. Especially since he's off to Europa-less Liverpool.

This Jose wanted to play for us (500 days ago on Thursday for those interested :razz: ) :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/29/article-1262138-08ECAB86000005DC-687_468x286.jpg

Hmmm.

(500) Days of Jose

If only I had Photoshop...

Hmmm.

:(

How many have we added then?

Has anyone in this forum been treated for manic depression?  Sorry, I mean how many of you have been treated for manic depression?

We'll have to wait and see won't we, but we desperately need a new forward. Just because we've signed 3 players doesn't guarantee they'll take to the league, though I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong on that. Do you honestly have faith that we'll score more than we did last season?

That's true, Jonny.  Jose stayed in the Championship, and he gave 110% every week.

When did it change?  Hughton's sacking, imo.

Yup. It began the chain of false promises.

- Improvement on Hughton - we got Pardew

- Wouldn't sell our best players - sold Carroll

- We'd spend the Carroll money - we have barely spent a penny on transfer fees.

You can only take it for so long. Just watched the above goal again, he looks so fucking happy :(