José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Stupid comments from Jose, there's something seriously different about him atm. Seems a totally opposite character to the guy that said he wouldn't leave here for anyone but Barca. He's been different since the whole Twitter scandal imo and if those quotes are true, they are a stab in the back regarding what he's said in previous interviews. Very disappointed.

Definitely reads as if his head has been turned. I think the Carroll sale might have made some of our lot realise that they aren't going to push on to the next level at NUFC.

Liverpool I could understand, whethere people like it or not they are seen as one of the biggest clubs in the world. Not quite what they were but it would take more than a couple of mediocre seasons for people to start mentioning them in the same breath as the clubs there currently around. villa on the other hand are no bigger than Newcastle, infact Newcastle are probably bigger in every way bar historical success.

Let's just enjoy the next few months, why worry when nothing can happen till th....

I'm not going to read too much into the comments re: Aston Villa, but my feeling is he'll leave us because we're not even going to try to give him Champion's League football, that's the crux of it. I think even the kindliest of Ashley estimators think we're gonna be treading water for at least another couple of seasons before thinking about keeping any half-decent players instead of finding any offer hard to resist, as Pardew suggested. What future is that for him, on lower than necessary wages until he's pedalled to boot?

Definitely reads as if his head has been turned. I think the Carroll sale might have made some of our lot realise that they aren't going to push on to the next level at NUFC.

Or it could just be that his head has been turned.

It all comes down to money, man, let's not pretend that aspiration implies a desire to win medals. Liverpool are a decade away from a trophy. And Villa? Yeah, that'll happen. He has a better chance at CL football with us.

My belief that players had any real loyalty to a club died when Carroll put his transfer request in.

If José Enrique is looking to leave in the Summer hopefully he'll keep trying to impress other clubs by putting in decent performances for us so we climb the league (which in turn will help the club get more money in transfer fee for him).

What happens if we finish above Liverpool I wonder?

Disagree. Weve just been promoted man, and he's saying he wants champions league. That won't be us for a good while yet, whether or not we sold Carroll.

In fact, selling Carroll is the one thing that could get us there sooner.

Stupid comments from Jose, there's something seriously different about him atm. Seems a totally opposite character to the guy that said he wouldn't leave here for anyone but Barca. He's been different since the whole Twitter scandal imo and if those quotes are true, they are a stab in the back regarding what he's said in previous interviews. Very disappointed.

Yep. Slightly conspiratorial, but he's one of our more intelligent players, so I do wonder if that tweet about 'our chairman' was not so accidental, either.

Yep. Slightly conspiratorial, but he's one of our more intelligent players, so I do wonder if that tweet about 'our chairman' was not so accidental, either.

What did he say? I only remember him getting into trouble for revealing he was injured for the game at Spurs.

So have Pardew's comments in the last week or so (best left back in the league, backing him for a Spain call-up) just been an effort to up his price?

Whenever Pardew speaks about our players in the media, it sounds like a sales pitch.

What did he say? I only remember him getting into trouble for revealing he was injured for the game at Spurs.

And that's only because Cajun touted on him.  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

It's amazing that a player can sit there and say "I want to play Champions League football, be at a big club like Man U" and people still go "Well it must be Ashley and Pardew wanting rid, it simply has to be. There's no other explanation" :lol:

I forget precisely, but just after Hughton's sacking he said something along the lines of 'you never know what your future is with this chairman'. Phrased in very accusatory-sounding way, but got pulled soon afterwards and he blamed it on his big spanish-speaking mouth.