José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest firetotheworks

I can't agree with that opinion Obi. Advising him to keep his personal opinions under wraps might be beneficial for United for Newcastle, and it's probably sensible for him to do so, but from my point of view, I morally want to know what I'm investing in. I think as long as everyone is always striving for a unified, democratic goal (what is the best for NUFC), there's no need for anyone to hide their views, it defeats the purpose of being part of United for Newcastle really.

Guest toonlass

Have you seen how many LB's they have in their squad?

Agreed. He's off to Liverpool instead.

You can be such a prick at times.

You impressively manage it on a constant basis. You don't like the owners, you think the club is going to spontaneously combust and all good will turn to evil. We get it. Now please, for the love of god, shhhhh. I've sat on the fringes of this forum for 5 years and only NE5 surpassed the tedious predictability of the rehashed shite you post on the football boards. You are a walking advert to ignore the entire United for Newcastle campaign which is a real shame.

And do you have any idea what I do off these boards? How much work I've put into the campaign?

Said it before, and I'll say it again. My views on this forum do not represent the views of United For Newcastle.

Just you? Do the other lads do nowt? Cos you seem to be constantly bleating on about how much you do, and that smacks of negating what the others do iyam.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I can't agree with that opinion Obi. Advising him to keep his personal opinions under wraps might be beneficial for United for Newcastle, and it's probably sensible for him to do so, but from my point of view, I morally want to know what I'm investing in. I think as long as everyone is always striving for a unified, democratic goal (what is the best for NUFC), there's no need for anyone to hide their views, it defeats the purpose of being part of United for Newcastle really.

Yeah, understand what you're saying. Its just the 'this is my view not United for Newcastle's' defence part, that Colo likes to disclaim. I'm not saying its wrong, but people will assume it is 'United for Newcastle' view too, because of where he is - on a Newcastle United forum talking about Newcastle United. He comes across as a rather negative person, and hasn't hidden his desire for Ashley to be removed from Newcastle United, which I believe isn't what United for Newcastle is about.

So, as long as he's not getting angry about people assuming United for Newcastle are a rather negative protest group that just want to oust Ashley, there isn't an issue. However, people will, and have thought that, mainly due to Colo's posts on the forum and his general attitude. Disclaimers won't change that.

I'm not even sure I can name the other founding members of United for Newcastle, as they keep relatively quiet about and 'just get on with it'. They post as normal on the forum, and never really link themselves with the movement overly so. So, as far as I know, they could have written similar 'negative' posts, but you don't notice it as much.

Guest Heneage

I must admit I'm baffled as to why those involved with United for Newcastle even think it will work. It's like watching Icarus falling to the ground and thinking 'we just need more wax'.

You impressively manage it on a constant basis. You don't like the owners, you think the club is going to spontaneously combust and all good will turn to evil. We get it. Now please, for the love of god, shhhhh. I've sat on the fringes of this forum for 5 years and only NE5 surpassed the tedious predictability of the rehashed shite you post on the football boards. You are a walking advert to ignore the entire United for Newcastle campaign which is a real shame.

And do you have any idea what I do off these boards? How much work I've put into the campaign?

Said it before, and I'll say it again. My views on this forum do not represent the views of United For Newcastle.

Just you? Do the other lads do nowt? Cos you seem to be constantly bleating on about how much you do, and that smacks of negating what the others do iyam.

Only in the context of this particularly quote and not coming down on any particular side, it seems reasonable to defend a personal attack ('you') with a personal response ('I')

Guest toonlass

Only in the context of this particularly quote and not coming down on any particular side, it seems reasonable to defend a personal attack ('you') with a personal response ('I')

There is that, but it's not the first time or in this thread. I'm sure he does work hard for the campaign but is it a case that it's his baby that the other two help on, or are they there as three people running the group together?

Well, you're a public figure now, albeit a small one, but still, you're known to be linked with a group that wants to be taken seriously in its efforts to establish a connection between Newcastle United and its fans. However, you'll post your opinion, yes separately, that sometimes conflicts with the overall message United for Newcastle is trying to put across. So even though its not linked directly with what United for Newcastle is trying to do, people know that someone within the group thinks differently and might not want 100% similar actions that they're going for.

Yes, it sucks to be in a position like that where you have to, perhaps, censor yourself, and hold yourself back from speaking freely on the internet, on a forum, but its not as if this is a music forum, and you're talking about Greenday, or whatever. You're on a Newcastle United forum, which is your target group, talking about Newcastle United and your personal feelings/opinions on players, contracts, managers and ownership issues. They might be your views, and not United for Newcastle's, like you mention, but as I said above, you've made no attempt to distance yourself from United for Newcastle (and why would you), and you've made us all aware how much you're a part of it.

What I'm trying to say is, sadly, if you're part of United for Newcastle, and you want people to take it seriously, certainly on this forum, then perhaps being so open, and free with your views and opinions, might not be an option anymore.

Knowing you have this view, can we now assume all of your posts are the official FA stance on any subject?

It's sad that the FA is anti-free speech.

If we are going to sell him, can we get it over and done with and start looking at getting a replacement and investing the money please, rather than dicking about humming anf harring over contracts and bids and then being stuck playing James Perch there for ages?

If we are going to sell him, can we get it over and done with and start looking at getting a replacement and investing the money please, rather than dicking about humming anf harring over contracts and bids and then being stuck playing James Perch there for ages?

Exactly.

A player is as worth as much as someone's prepared to pay. £13.5m would be a fair price for arguably our best footballer; i'd be disappointed to see him go for less than double-figures, such is his importance in our squad.

I don't care if there's only a year left. I echo these sentiments. Needs to be at least double figures. I think I'd rather hold onto him for the year and lose him for fuck all if we can't even get £10m.

A player is as worth as much as someone's prepared to pay. £13.5m would be a fair price for arguably our best footballer; i'd be disappointed to see him go for less than double-figures, such is his importance in our squad.

He may be good. But he's not our best or most important player.  If we're offered £13.5 mill we should sell him. We cannot reject that offer, gambling on that he will sign a new contract. He also earns around £60 a week. So we could bring in a good replacement and a backup (if Ferguson doesn't cope or is placed on lw) for the money we receive..