José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I was just replying to your sarky last sentence to which I answered if they hadn't got Redknapp in, they could very easily have went the way of Leeds & Portsmouth that's all.

No they wouldn't, if they'd got someone in who didn't work out for whatever reason they'd have sacked him and tried someone else. Just like Arsenal did until they got Wenger, just like Man U did until they got Ferguson, just like we did until we got Robson, just like every other club does. We certainly don't have a monopoly on poor managers, and it isn't the reason clubs go bankrupt.

I was just replying to your sarky last sentence to which I answered if they hadn't got Redknapp in, they could very easily have went the way of Leeds & Portsmouth that's all.

No they wouldn't, if they'd got someone in who didn't work out for whatever reason they'd have sacked him and tried someone else. Just like Arsenal did until they got Wenger, just like Man U did until they got Ferguson, just like we did until we got Robson, just like every other club does. We certainly don't have a monopoly on poor managers, and it isn't the reason clubs go bankrupt.

Btw, what's your source re it being pretty much inevitable that we go the way of Leeds and Portsmouth? Genuine question, obviously I have a vested interest and it seems to me that we're doing OK.

Btw, what's your source re it being pretty much inevitable that we go the way of Leeds and Portsmouth? Genuine question, obviously I have a vested interest and it seems to me that we're doing OK.

He's being sarcastic.

He's being sarcastic.

Aha, remembered the context and I re-read it.

Not that I'm paranoid or anything :shifty:

Guest Roger Kint

If we are getting about £8m or under there better be heavy sell on fees/international fee included.

Pardew’s plan are also being hampered by the uncertainty surrounding Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, as he does not know whether either intends to stay. Both players are out of contract next year and Newcastle cannot afford to let either of them leave on a free when that happens.

Barton is understood to be waiting to see what Newcastle do in terms of player recruitment, while Enrique is keen to play in Europe next season.

The battle to keep Enrique already appears to be lost, particularly as the majority of his team-mates expect him to leave.

Luke Edwards again.

Guest icemanblue

It's going to be bittersweet meeting him at the last game of the season, now. There's a high probability of one of us ending up in tears, probably both.

Pardew’s plan are also being hampered by the uncertainty surrounding Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, as he does not know whether either intends to stay. Both players are out of contract next year and Newcastle cannot afford to let either of them leave on a free when that happens.

Barton is understood to be waiting to see what Newcastle do in terms of player recruitment, while Enrique is keen to play in Europe next season.

The battle to keep Enrique already appears to be lost, particularly as the majority of his team-mates expect him to leave.

Luke Edwards again.

Hmmmm.

I really wish he'd give it a rest.

They have to write about something, that's the problem.

There's so much interesting stuff about football... psychology, tactics, culture, player interviews, but they always just write the same pieces about transfer rumours they knocked up in about 5 minutes.

Pardews plan are also being hampered by the uncertainty surrounding Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, as he does not know whether either intends to stay. Both players are out of contract next year and Newcastle cannot afford to let either of them leave on a free when that happens.

Luke Edwards again.

Hmmmm.

Who?

Luke Edwards again.

Hmmmm.

Who?

Luke Edwards.

Luke Edwards again.

Can't stand him.

Will be gutting to see him and Carroll both playing for the bin dippers.