José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Pardew is just more open and confident with the press, to take that and use it to suggest he's just Mike Ashley's PR man is a step too far IMO.

It's just how he his, he answers more questions than Hughton and is more conversational with the media. I don't see the point in pulling apart one or two wrong statements he's made, you could do that with any manager.

If Pardew is told to lie on the regime's behalf will he do it, yes or no? Not just a slight mistruth by the way but a complete whopper

I don't know, I guess it depends what the issue is. He obviously would have to resign if he disagreed with Ashley on everything, but it's not as black and white as that.

And also, who's to say that any manager wouldn't tell the media the party line? I'm sure it happens all the time.

Guest Antec

Pardew is just more open and confident with the press, to take that and use it to suggest he's just Mike Ashley's PR man is a step too far IMO.

It's just how he his, he answers more questions than Hughton and is more conversational with the media. I don't see the point in pulling apart one or two wrong statements he's made, you could do that with any manager.

If Pardew is told to lie on the regime's behalf will he do it, yes or no? Not just a slight mistruth by the way but a complete whopper

I don't know, I guess it depends what the issue is. He obviously would have to resign if he disagreed with Ashley on everything, but it's not as black and white as that.

And also, who's to say that any manager wouldn't tell the media the party line? I'm sure it happens all the time.

Pretty much the squirming, non-committal reply I expected :lol:

The answer is yes by the way, THAT'S WHY HE GOT THE JOB

Pretty much the squirming, non-committal reply I expected :lol:

The answer is yes by the way, THAT'S WHY HE GOT THE JOB

You flatterer you.

FWIW I think the truth is that Ashley doesn't really care what Pardew says to the press, and they have very few conversations about it. By default he is part of NUFC and therefore THE EVIL REGIME though, so he'll obviously be likely to defend it.

In terms of PR being the argument for Pardews appointment, I can see that he may appear more polished/proactive in front of the press but imho he's not added much at all because what he says has very little integrity. The complete opposite of Hughton if you like.

Hughton turned up with little to say but wasn't a plant.

Pardew has too much to say and I don't believe a word of it.

He's a few headlines off being Chemical Ali tbh.

- In January he refused to rule out signing Beckham when interviewed after a game.

- In January he insisted that AC was not going anywhere.

- He then stated that all of the AC money would go back into the 'squad' and subsequently has changed it to 'the running of the football club'.

- He's publically criticised Ranger which appears to have had little impact.

- He's stated publically unrealistic return dates for injured players and then changed his view within days.

He's Joe Kinnear with a script.

We have a winner, well said that man

A manager first and foremost needs to manage the team, not talk bollocks to the media

Whether or not you think Pardew should be getting involved with the club's PR is another matter. All I am saying is that is what he is doing. And fwiw I agree with Minhosa that he is a polished communicator. But I also think those examples of things he's said are hardly sinister and loaded with lack of integrity.   

When someone is happy to say exactly what they're told to say then it helps if the people providing the  information in the first place haven't been proven to be completely untrustworthy. NOW do you see why Pardew got the job?

I see why you think he got the job, to communicate falsehood after falsehood thus faithfully pursuing Ashley's goal of creating a web of deceipt that is so intense that it cannot be penetrated, and no one even knows how long a player is going to be injured.

In terms of PR being the argument for Pardews appointment, I can see that he may appear more polished/proactive in front of the press but imho he's not added much at all because what he says has very little integrity. The complete opposite of Hughton if you like.

- In January he refused to rule out signing Beckham when interviewed after a game.

- He then stated that all of the AC money would go back into the 'squad' and subsequently has changed it to 'the running of the football club'.

- He's stated publically unrealistic return dates for injured players and then changed his view within days.

We have a winner, well said that man

A manager first and foremost needs to manage the team, not talk bollocks to the media

Whether or not you think Pardew should be getting involved with the club's PR is another matter. All I am saying is that is what he is doing. And fwiw I agree with Minhosa that he is a polished communicator. But I also think those examples of things he's said are hardly sinister and loaded with lack of integrity.   

Aye - I'm sure there's plenty more - they were just off the top of my head.

Either way, wouldn't trust him and never will after the way he got the job - but don't want to go over old ground with that discussion.

I remember reading somewhere that Hughton was out and Pardew in because Hughton the lacked tactical sophistication that Pardew allegedly has.  While I can agree with that to some extent, I still feel that Hughton wasn't given enough time and support to grow into the job.  It is not a given that Hughton ever would have grown as a tactician, however, I think his ability to motivate his players and foster team unity were qualities that were too quickly overlooked and/or dismissed.

I can say that I'm pretty damned please that the club didn't sink like a rock when Hughton was sacked and think Pardew has done pretty well.  Both have had to function under difficult circumstances, considering that Ashley and Lliambas are pretty much clueless when it comes to running the club but I still feel I'd rather Hughton had been allowed to stay.  He showed that he could learn on the job and still has potential whereas with Pardew, I think we pretty much know what we have.

I remember reading somewhere that Hughton was out and Pardew in because Hughton the lacked tactical sophistication that Pardew allegedly has.  While I can agree with that to some extent, I still feel that Hughton wasn't given enough time and support to grow into the job.  It is not a given that Hughton ever would have grown as a tactician, however, I think his ability to motivate his players and foster team unity were qualities that were too quickly overlooked and/or dismissed.

I can say that I'm pretty damned please that the club didn't sink like a rock when Hughton was sacked and think Pardew has done pretty well.  Both have had to function under difficult circumstances, considering that Ashley and Lliambas are pretty much clueless when it comes to running the club but I still feel I'd rather Hughton had been allowed to stay.  He showed that he could learn on the job and still has potential whereas with Pardew, I think we pretty much know what we have.

I couldn't agree more.... but it is what it is and we have to move on...

Enrique does not rent a flat in Jesmond, he rents a mansion not far from Runnymede Rd in Darras Hall. If the source of this rumour can't even get the location/ type of property right my guess is the rest is bollocks too.

TBF if people actually read the rest of the stories on that link....... :mackems:

Yes the guy proudly announcing "there's a house for sale in Ponteland" implying Enrique could be terminating his tenancy because he is buying it! I have news for him, the housing market is on the up in Ponteland as there are two for sale in my street alone.

Yes the guy proudly announcing "there's a house for sale in Ponteland" implying Enrique could be terminating his tenancy because he is buying it! I have news for him, the housing market is on the up in Ponteland as there are two for sale in my street alone.

Half of Darras Hall is on the market.

Enrique does not rent a flat in Jesmond, he rents a mansion not far from Runnymede Rd in Darras Hall. If the source of this rumour can't even get the location/ type of property right my guess is the rest is bollocks too.

Aye, he's in Viduka's old house if i'm not mistaken?

Aye, he's in Viduka's old house if i'm not mistaken?

No Viduka lived on Runneymede

Guest neesy111

Half of the area being up for sale does not mean the house market is on the up.  Probably means nee fucker can get rid of their houses tbh.  House Prices are still falling all-over the UK at this current time.

Half of the area being up for sale does not mean the house market is on the up.  Probably means nee f***er can get rid of their houses tbh.  House Prices are still falling all-over the UK at this current time.

Your right. My wife and daughter are Estate Agents. DH prices have fallen by about 40% snd still the market is shit.

Good post magpie, I genuinely think if it wasn't for the Carroll sale Ashley would be well on the way to getting back on the good side of the fans.

This season, as you say, has been much better than expected.

it is a good post, but it glosses over the issue which strikes at the absolute heart of what the club is about now. that is, that we replaced a very well performing manager who was popular with players and fans, with a man who had very little reason to be hired other than he didn't deserve the position and therefore was more likely to agree to demands placed upon him on transfer policy.

and my oh my, weren't we all shocked when carroll went in january. yes the money was massive, yes its a great deal if you put the money back into the team PLUS the money that should have been due to be invested anyway. but the chain of events is as plain as day imo, would anyone be surprised if the big debate in the winter is whether we were right to accept a massive bid for tiote on deadline day?

Surely you don't really think Hughton was sacked because he could prevent Ashley pulling off deals like the Carroll one?    

prevent, no. be opposed to, or try and make himself an obstacle against, yes. we all want an easy life.

Hughton said he would have sold Carroll ffs.

Why not refuse to rule out Beckham? The only players you refuse to rule out, and the only players Pardew has ruled out are ones either so off the radar as to be ridiculous, or are rumours that add disharmony to players already at the club - which he has done recently in reply to the persistant stories regarding our interest in another goalkeeper.

The carroll thing is him being a puppet? For heavens sake, that reflects badly both on himself and the board now that they have sold him. The only reason for him to deny any sale was that he genuinlty felt nobody would be mad enough to put in an offer that Keegan, Hughton, Shepherd and every other commentator out there have said it would be foolish to turn down.

- He then stated that all of the AC money would go back into the 'squad' and subsequently has changed it to 'the running of the football club'

He has not to my knowledge said 'running of the football club'. If you can find that quote then grand, but all I heard him say was that it would be put towards transfers and salaries, which relates solely to the playing staff.

Criticising Ranger (while also praising him) does not strike me as terrible management in the slightest considering Ranger himself has come out and said he recognises the need to buck up his ideas.

Every manager we have had at this football club has given rough dates players may return. Big fkn deal.

Now, you have said that these are only things of the top of your head and intimate that there are even more upsetting things he has come out with.

You have had some time to think about it now, so what are they?

Still a big gamble considering he was still recovering from a long term injury and if Ashley's plan is to flog as much as possible then sell up why add more 'stock'?

Seriously, you honestly can't figure this out?

So Ashley is desperate to sell but wants rid of the few worthwhile assests, in the meantime he is taking gambles buying injured players?

Sorry, doesn't make ANY sense to me.