José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/191925/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-fears-it-could-be-no-way-Jose-Enrique/

Pardew has met with owner Mike Ashley to discuss Enrique’s future plus his summer transfer targets as he looks to splash the £35m raked in from the Reds for Andy Carroll.

Pardew said: “The Enrique one is something we talked about, and how possible is it going to be to get him over the line? There’s one or two here who could possibly could go.

“We’re hopeful he stays. We’re safe which was what his people said that they would wait for, but it’s hard because we’re finding it difficult to get him to come to the table.

“There’s no point keeping a player who has set his sights on a club he perceives as bigger. You can’t keep a player who is demotivated and, ultimately, Newcastle fans want players who want to play for their club.”

:(

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/191925/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-fears-it-could-be-no-way-Jose-Enrique/

Pardew has met with owner Mike Ashley to discuss Enrique’s future plus his summer transfer targets as he looks to splash the £35m raked in from the Reds for Andy Carroll.

Pardew said: “The Enrique one is something we talked about, and how possible is it going to be to get him over the line? There’s one or two here who could possibly could go.

“We’re hopeful he stays. We’re safe which was what his people said that they would wait for, but it’s hard because we’re finding it difficult to get him to come to the table.

“There’s no point keeping a player who has set his sights on a club he perceives as bigger. You can’t keep a player who is demotivated and, ultimately, Newcastle fans want players who want to play for their club.”

:weep:

Crap that's Pardew setting the scene for the sale! I guess second best scenario is to slaughter whoever wants him and get a good replacement and use the surplus cash to strengthen the squad even more

Guest palnese

"There’s no point keeping a player who has set his sights on a club he perceives as bigger"

That is Liverpool, right? ffs.

Guest palnese

Wonder how we go about making Newcastle look a big club?

Don't sell Andy Carroll, for starters.

Yup, kinda resigned myself Jose leaving a while back.

Depressing having 2 of our best players leave in 6 months or so.  We'll never keep hold of good players or attract good players if this trend continues.

Problem is I dunno what the club sensibly needs to do to prevent it happening.

This echoes how I feel about the whole issue, though many will not agree

t's approaching a fortnight since Newcastle assured their Premier League safety and put themselves in with a shout of a top half finish, no mean feat on their return to the top flight. Ample time, it seems reasonable to assume, for Jose Enrique to honour his promise to open talks on his future once survival was secured.

Having played in all but two league games this season, it has to be pointed out that Enrique has played a major role in confounding the many critics who wrote-off the north-east club as relegation fodder before a ball was kicked in anger.

However, at the moment, the silence is deafening, and if anything, a little embarrassing. If, as widely anticipated, the Spaniard is lining up a summer move to Liverpool, then why not have the decency to come out and say so now?

That way, Alan Pardew could allow young Shane Ferguson, Enrique's potential replacement, a run at left back in the final game of the season at home to West Brom, in addition to allowing the manager that little bit of extra time to launch his search for a more experienced replacement should he deem the promising teenager not quite yet ready to become the first-choice.

If there are plans to conduct negotiations, just not imminent ones, then Enrique needs to come out and say so. The void of uncertainty has to be filled to ensure the Spaniard doesn't lose much of the goodwill he's built up with fans over the past couple of years.

While talks on extending a contract that has 12 months to run following his £6 million arrival from Villarreal in 2007 remain on hold, Enrique did say this on his future: "Liverpool is a big club but I'm not negotiating with them at the moment. Neither have I received any offers to return to Spain. I know the fans like me a lot and that's nice for me, but we will see what happens.

"The Premier League is more competitive than La Liga and I've have improved as a footballer since coming to England. My dream is to play for the Spain national side and I think that I have a chance."

While the odds are against him still being on Tyneside for the start of next season, his departure isn't seemingly yet a done deal. Indeed, the 25-year-old defender has recently spoken of building on an encouraging Premier League return next season. Whether that is with or without him remains to be seen.

In the wake of Andy Carroll's £35 million departure to Anfield, Pardew has done his utmost to keep his other coveted players, which in addition acts as a statement of intent to the likes of Enrique that, apart from exceptional circumstances as arose with the England forward, Newcastle are not in the business of selling their best players.

Cheik Tiote recently signed up until 2017, and skipper Kevin Nolan is on the verge of pledging his long-term future in a move that is also likely to convince Joey Barton to do the same. Persuading Enrique to follow suit would be a major coup for the manager in his attempts to restore the club's place among the Premier League's elite.

Pardew said: "Jose's under contract here until next summer. We hope to open talks on a new deal as soon as possible because he's an important player for this team."

At present, however, the silence from Enrique speaks volumes. The only reasonable assumption to make is that his future, sadly for Newcastle, lies away from St James' Park.

I can't blame Enrique,,,any "small" club will face this problem.....their best player wants to leave for something bigger...what can you do....nothing...but LIVERPOOL?

Honestly I hate that club so fucking fucking much. I'm not even from England but god how I hate that fucking club.  :dowie: :dowie: :dowie: :dowie: :dowie:

Liverpool are undoubtadly a bigger club, and have a better squad, but fucking hell man. There not THAT fucking magic now.

But aye it's LIVERPOOL everyone, let's all join hands and have a wank (I never thought that through tbh).

Seriously man, go to Juventus, go to Milan, Go to Barcelona, but not fucking Liverpool man.

Yup, kinda resigned myself Jose leaving a while back.

Depressing having 2 of our best players leave in 6 months or so.  We'll never keep hold of good players or attract good players if this trend continues.

Problem is I dunno what the club sensibly needs to do to prevent it happening.

Unless your club is Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United, the best players of any other club are always going to be likely to move. It's par for the course, Spurs are doing great despite losing Berbatov to Manchester United. It can be done, and with our recent track record of signings such as Enrique, Tiote, Bassong and a while back N'Zogbia, I'm hopeful for the future of this club in that we can always find some talent somewhere that no-one else has. It's simply a matter of time before that talent backs up and we can hope to retain that talent as we progress as a club.

For the first time in my living memory, we have a very good youth system developing our young players (Ferguson, Carroll, Sammy Ameobi, LuaLua, Ranger, Krul (signed as a prospect), Forster) and I really hope Ashley realizes that either by nonsensical decisions or by complete random he's at a situation now where we have a platform to build on.

We also have a manager now that can see Alan Smith for what he is and for all his shortcomings, is saying the right things, and so far, has played the cards he has been dealt very well indeed.

The thing is with losing Jose is that we will never get a goiod price for him considering his contract lengh, so we havn't got that softening blow of cash like we had with AC. We also will never find a better left back for a while. Also it looks like he's off to Liverpool.

It's like losing one of our best and most promosing players for a tuppence won't be enough, but Kenny Dalglish realy feels the need to well and truly shovel shit in our faces. I hope the ginger cunt drowns in a pool of aids ridden piss.