José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

If that's really him, that suggests to me either a) he's simply asked for a certain wage or b) he's asked for/is waiting for proof of the club's ambition etc.

Easy. Send him the seal video.

If that's really him, that suggests to me either a) he's simply asked for a certain wage or b) he's asked for/is waiting for proof of the club's ambition etc.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The goat is clearly superior to the seal.

Guest toonlass

Pardew has said they'll make him a superb offer, or words to that effect.

Don't know what constitutes superb or whether he'll sign it but he'll be offered it.

Pardew also said he wanted Joey here for 4 more years. Pardew has about as much say, or inside knowledge, as one of my cats!

The goat is clearly superior to the seal.

Both have already been sent on Facebook.

You know what? This may be an overreaction to the Cabaye/Gervinho/Gameiro situation, but I think we might get Enrique to sign. Once optimism gives way to realism that may look foolish, but I really think we can do it.

Don't know what constitutes superb or whether he'll sign it but he'll be offered it.

It means he can say "we tried".

You know what? This may be an overreaction to the Cabaye/Gervinho/Gameiro situation, but I think we might get Enrique to sign. Once optimism gives way to realism that may look foolish, but I really think we can do it.

I hope you're right. Either way, I won't be resigned to it until it's a done deal he's gone.

Someone (elsewhere) had met Graham Carr flying out to the far east, some months ago, and Carr said there'd be big changes this summer and Jose was definitely away, "he just fancies a change".

Be a miracle if he signs. BTW he is already the second highest paid left back in the country behind only Cashley Cole.

Guest neesy111

Pardew also said he wanted Joey here for 4 more years. Pardew has about as much say, or inside knowledge, as one of my cats!

Barton turned down a contract in January, Enrique hasn't turned down anything.

Big difference.

Someone (elsewhere) had met Graham Carr flying out to the far east, some months ago, and Carr said there'd be big changes this summer and Jose was definitely away, "he just fancies a change".

Be a miracle if he signs. BTW he is already the second highest paid left back in the country behind only Cashley Cole.

I'd assume this was just ITK bollocks but it interests me that you mention that Carr was flying out to the Far East, given that there was rumors about Carr coming over here to look at a Korean player last month and I just dismissed them as... well.. ITK bollocks.

Guest neesy111

I'd assume this was just ITK bollocks but it interests me that you mention that Carr was flying out to the Far East, given that there was rumors about Carr coming over here to look at a Korean player last month and I just dismissed them as... well.. ITK bollocks.

:lol:

Carr seems to be a very busy man at the moment.

Not claiming ITK at all, it was a while ago, was South Korea I believe, the Barton shenanigans brought it (the big changes bit) back to mind, that's all.

Not claiming ITK at all, it was a while ago, was South Korea I believe, the Barton shenanigans brought it (the big changes bit) back to mind, that's all.

Well, if we put two and two together it does seem like Carr was indeed in Korea to watch the player in question, without informing the player's agent or his club, even.

Probably not a whole lot in it since obviously we don't make a bid for everyone we scout, but interesting that he's coming all the way out here nevertheless.

Well, if we put two and two together it does seem like Carr was indeed in Korea to watch the player in question, without informing the player's agent or his club, even.

Probably not a whole lot in it since obviously we don't make a bid for everyone we scout, but interesting that he's coming all the way out here nevertheless.

I fairness, you don't have to inform a club (or player/agent) if you're purely scouting.

My cousins hubby is a freelance scout, most recently for WBA, he's based in NZ but spends a lot of time over here, the States and Europe.

He gets a list of player type/positions of interest to the club that's looking, sometimes it's a brief to look at a certain player, but not always. Sometimes it's because a fellow scout asks him to do a report on a specific player and cover some ground for him. It's a very you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours business. The head scouts, attached to clubs, may then take a personal look at a player if consistent reports are good. They get players watched multiple times by "thier mates".

Otherwise the "cousin-in-law" just takes in whatever games he can to see what takes his eye and will pass on leads/reports to his fellows in return for the same back, when he wants it. How they get paid if a lead is taken up I haven't a clue.

He's not, two lads at Man City on much more.

He's not, two lads at Man City on much more.

You sure ??