José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

The other day I couldn't see any way that the club wouldn't want to sign Enrique up to a longer term deal but thinking about it I wonder if they do see him as replaceable?

It seems they've set their sights on M'Bengue who seems highly rated in France, is 2 1/2 years younger than Jose and I would bet would accept a wage a lot lower than Enrique too.

Enrique out for £6 million, M'Bengue in for £6 million, £20k per week saved on wages meaning £5 million+ over 5 years.

£6m?!  We paid that for him and he's many times the player now that he was then.

Of course he's replaceable BTW, but he's still a top class player and there's no way we should be selling him for such a small amount of money unless he's absolutely refusing to stay.

Guest dazzanufc1892

would not have any hard feelings if the lad went. showed his respect and loyalty by staying when we went down and not kicking up a fuss to move. Proved many wrong and has been a model professional, whatever his or the clubs decision may be, i can only ever wish him the best

would not have any hard feelings if the lad went. showed his respect and loyalty by staying when we went down and not kicking up a fuss to move. Proved many wrong and has been a model professional, whatever his or the clubs decision may be, i can only ever wish him the best

:thup: Sums it up perfectly for me too.

Did anyone really want him when we went down?

this

you see a lot of people saying he showed loyalty...but to be fair the way they (him and colo) were in the relegation season, who was gona buy them? and pay the wages they were on

Random:

"is there any nees on the m'bengue deal or any other LB?"

Mark Douglas:

"Waiting for Enrique to announce his intentions, which will happen this week"

That's good.  At least we have a replacement lining up.  We cannot rely on Ferguson.

Random:

Mark Douglas:

WTF Taxfree, is this all Twitter horseshit you're posting everywhere?

can't you keep it in the fucking twitter thread or at least quote proper sources

annoying as fuck tdeans

Random:

Mark Douglas:

can't you keep it in the fucking twitter thread or at least quote proper sources

annoying as fuck tdeans

To be fair Mark Douglas is a journo at the Journal and Sunday Sun.

Random:

Mark Douglas:

can't you keep it in the f***ing twitter thread or at least quote proper sources

annoying as f*** tdeans

Give over with the whinging. f***ing tiresome. It's real news from one of the more decent journalists out there. s**** rumours from random people will be put in the Twitter thread, not stuff like this.

The other day I couldn't see any way that the club wouldn't want to sign Enrique up to a longer term deal but thinking about it I wonder if they do see him as replaceable?

It seems they've set their sights on M'Bengue who seems highly rated in France, is 2 1/2 years younger than Jose and I would bet would accept a wage a lot lower than Enrique too.

Enrique out for £6 million, M'Bengue in for £6 million, £20k per week saved on wages meaning £5 million+ over 5 years.

....maybe now is the right time to sell him then. I'd hope to get more than 6mil though.