José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Ohmelads, saw you on the Villareal website, looks like they are a bit upset... more at the price more than anything as they say he's a "good" left back with huge potential given his age.

P.S. How come your Spanish is so good?

Is it? ;) I don't understand a word of the valenciano a couple of them are speaking (catalan basically, though it winds them up if you say that). I studied languages at uni and lived over there last year. Thinking of moving back out there next year.

I was half expecting them to say the usual "good riddance" or "he's not that good anyway" but they seem genuinely gutted and are directing their anger at the board rather than the player. I must admit I've been reading their comments with a smile on my face!

I think the other poster on here 'arkanoider' may be catalan/valenciano as he was able to translate the whole news report, most of which was in valenciano.

That's what it seemed like to me aswell. We could compare it to if Zoggy left us after his "good" year, a lad with a lot of talent and huge potential... We'd be quite pissed off too.

Does anybody know if he has actually signed yet or are we just seeing re-hashed quotes (see skysports) from a couple of days ago???

Nothing on NUFC.co.uk, which is the safest bet these days. Probably doing the interviews/photographs.

I'd expect it before 5pm without any hitches. Oliver may have put the hex on it.

"Russell Cushing and Chris Mort are the reasons Enrique is signing for us rather than Liverpool or Manchester City."

anyone else impressed like ?

I know somebody who isn't.  :lol:

"Russell Cushing and Chris Mort are the reasons Enrique is signing for us rather than Liverpool or Manchester City."

anyone else impressed like ?

I know somebody who isn't.   :lol:

Aye, Captain Agenda (I'm sure he's on the wind-up at the minute) will be here with some reason to be peeved.

Guest SteveT

I'm in Barcelona and my wife's Catalan so I can have a decent go at translating any Valenciano. Where's the article in question?

By the way, people here ITK are saying "well done, cracking young player." I've not seen him myself but I'm optimistic from the feedback I've received.